Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE UPDATE DELETED ALL MY FAMILIES!!

I was excited about this new update... however after going into my game all my families I created and downloaded stuff is GONE!! Was this supposed to happen?

It makes me upset because I had stories and families I created since the start of sims 4 that are now gone!!

Comments

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    Googling brought me to this thread, where someone had a similar problem; do the troubleshooting steps given in the discussion help you any?

eta: I don't know if those are the currently-recommended first-steps for this issue; it's just to get you started until someone else steps up. :wink:
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Googling brought me to this thread, where someone had a similar problem; do the troubleshooting steps given in the discussion help you any?

eta: I don't know if those are the currently-recommended first-steps for this issue; it's just to get you started until someone else steps up. :wink:

Thank you. I will give it a try
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Let us know how it goes--if nothing else, doing so may attract the attention of a simmer with the knowledge to be helpful. There might also be help in the technical forum here; there's a troubleshooting thread here that might help.

Good luck!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    oh no :( I hope you have a backup of some sort?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Did it delete your save files or just your families? If it's the latter, see if you can roll back your savegame.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited July 2019
    Also if you have the save files there's an option to recover them, right click on the save and choose recover. I find it very useful and I have had to use it a few times lol

edit sorry there is a recover file at the right of the screen
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    The thought of this happening to me gives me cold sweats and it’s why I back up my tray folder three different places.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    wow... thats scary