Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving the new patch!

I have to say: I love the new patch! The personality quiz leading to a sim with a background story? I've wanted this for ten years! That's it. That's the post. Go about your day, SimFamily <3

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've played around with it a bit. It gave me a mermaid, however, which wasn't something I wanted, No matter, hit the X and tried again, twice more. I didn't get what I wanted at all, but I had a preset image in my head of exactly what I wanted. I will use it in the future for 'support' characters in my game. It was fun, and I appreciated that the questions were different all three times I tried it.

This is, in many ways, a writer's tool. In order to develop a character, fully, you need to answer certain questions about them that make them well-rounded. I like this quiz.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 17 Member
    Yeah. I love it too! Story mode add new experience in game, you can make your own especial story your sim,
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    More ways to play are always welcome. That said, I have had very mixed results with CAS Stories. It does a good job of showing me Traits, Aspirations and Careers I might not tend to pick myself, but less so in providing a coherent character with related skills that make sense to me.

It also may be that I need to be choosier in what questions I decide to answer, rather than the first ten I happen to get, and pick those that best apply to the persona I have in mind. Like any tool, your results are in how well you use it.

So, glad it's there, but it is something I will likely use mostly for background Sims I place in my world, rather than households to play - at least until I get the hang of all its quirks!

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've played around with it a bit. It gave me a mermaid, however, which wasn't something I wanted, No matter, hit the X and tried again, twice more. I didn't get what I wanted at all, but I had a preset image in my head of exactly what I wanted. I will use it in the future for 'support' characters in my game. It was fun, and I appreciated that the questions were different all three times I tried it.

This is, in many ways, a writer's tool. In order to develop a character, fully, you need to answer certain questions about them that make them well-rounded. I like this quiz.

This feature is more helpful to make random sims or when you don't know what you want. If you already know exactly what you want, just make him/her.

And don't forget that you can change the look of the sim you're given.
  • HoneyPieSugerPlumHoneyPieSugerPlum Posts: 43 Member
    I had my doubts about the CAS story tool but I used it and it gave me a sim who wanted to have a big family and was an actress, I am now playing her and I have enjoyed playing her, for the first time I'm not easily bored playing the same sim. She's got, two kids a child and a toddler, both by different daddy's
    [/]Working Hard is Important, but there is something that matters more: Believing in your self.-Harry Potter HPOTP
    [/]Always Believe you can reach the star and you will
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2019
    Didn’t think I’d care for this feature (story mode) but it seems really cool after seeing how it worked on YouTube. I may use it some day.
    Post edited by BlkBarbiegal on
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • bartcnbartcn Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't get why so many people hate the new patch! I like the addition of color to the starting screen and I always thought it was too white and bright when the game was loading up.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    bartcn wrote: »
    I don't get why so many people hate the new patch! I like the addition of color to the starting screen and I always thought it was too white and bright when the game was loading up.

I just wanted the restaurants fixing.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like it a lot
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I really like the CAS Stories too. Personally, it’s the best part of the patch to me.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like it, and I'm glad people agree with me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    bartcn wrote: »

I can't play the game because the plumbob makes my eyes hurt. It causes a sharp pain behind my eyes that doesn't go away until I quit the game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I love it also. Other than the one family I play and their offspring/relatives I've downloaded all my sims from the gallery. I'm really looking forward to creating some sims that have some sort of meaning to me.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'm quite happy about it myself. A nice way to decide a sim's traits and such.