Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else actually like Vlad?

Okay, so I have to start by saying I never HATED him to begin with, but I didn't particularly like him either. However in my Black Widow Challenge my Black Widow is engaged to him / living in his house, meaning I've been playing with him a bit too now. Biggest surprise - now that I've been playing with him, I actually really like him! He is a ton of fun to play with imho (assuming you like vampires, ofc). I almost dread having to murder him! I always hear people say such bad things about him, it made me wonder, does anyone else like Vlad, or am I just really odd? (Okay, I know I'm really odd, but, that's beside the point :D )

Also, just to add - I still DON'T like his genetics (and unfortunately my sim just gave birth to his child, a result of MCCC Risky Woohoo). Lmbo!
I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I like him as the grotesque character he is :)
    I never get rid of him and I even give him some kind of development in the stories I play.
    I actually once wanted to kill him off after my Evil Sim married him, but he was so happy after the wedding he played organ and sang folk songs for several hours straight. In his dark form btw, which looked particularly comic. Afther that I didn't have the heart to hurt him :D
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I love Vlad... he has an army of territorial and very aggressive black cats in my game. He's a lot of fun to play.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Awww I'm glad you're feeling the love! He's great and I like that he has strange little children that run around in the haunted woods!
    I also want him to have an army of black cats as well now lol
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    @Bloosmoo right?!?!? I'm loving the idea of an army of black cats for Vlad now @SiliClone!
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    his genetics are horrible but he's a fun vamp
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I loved Vlad the moment I saw him in the trailer. I'm a big fan of Nosferatu :^D

Gameplay wise, he's happily married and has a bunny named Vincent :) No kids yet, but I'm hoping I get some hahahaa
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I love him I've given him several makeovers, just played him how he appears and usually find someone for him or leave him in peace when I have no ideas. Vladdy is love..yeah I"m odd oh well lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like him. I've never played with him so far but I plan to in the future.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    His genes are horrible, so I make them "recessive" and when a kid of his looks like him I make an look like the mother. Other than that, he's probably my favorite premades sim.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Vlad is one of the few premades I actually really like and the only premade I ever played (made him a comedian ^^).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I don't own the vampire pack, but I must say I think Vlad looks like an epic character. If in my game, he would have been a man with a grand story also in the future. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Vlad is my favorite premade. I never actually play him because I love him as an unpredictable NPC. One of my Dracula's brides cheated on Drac with Vlad because Drac wanted a male heir and the other two brides had already birthed girls. So since she had trouble conceiving with Drac, she figured her chances were doubled with Vlad. When she got pregnant, it was a suspenseful time because I didn't know who the father was and it would be obvious in the genetics, lol. Turned out to be another daughter of Dracula. He's surrounded by women now (serves him right for favoring male children over females. :D ) And Vlad sometimes visits. But I just love how unique Vlad is. <3
    #Team Occult
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    He's easily one of the best characters intorduced in Sims 4. He's cool, has interesting dynamics with other sims, and has tons of interesting lore and backstory details. Sims 4 has been extremely light on characterization, but they went above and beyond with Vlad.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 17 Member
    Love this vampyre :) He sometimes call my new sims who moved in house and say hello xD
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, I really like Vlad too! I don't tend to play with premades, but I enjoy them as background characters for my own sims to interact with. Vlad is definitely one of the more memorable ones in TS4 for me and I love that he is based on the classic Nosferatu. I've always loved vampires and the horror genre. My own Grand Master Vampire isn't so keen on him though. Vlad is desperate for them to be besties, but my vamp is a 'Good Vampire' and wants nothing at all to do with him or the other vampires. Poor Vlad. :D
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    No, he's intrusive and everytime I play as a vampire I always take him as my sims' enemy.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    RHdpfCh.png
    from left: Carmilla, Lestat, Lord Ruthven, Orlok, Shori and Elizabeth Bathory.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No, but then again I don't like premades at all. I like my own vampires.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    I love Vlad; in my game he is the head of a clan of dark vampires who attack and bite Sims without permission and do other mean and evil things.

He fell in love with a good and smart Japanese girl and had a baby boy with her, but of course eventually got greedy and possessive and turned her into a vampire. She’s pretty miserable as a vampire (although she still loves Vlad and accepted his training), so she is now the head of a rival clan of good vampires (none of whom she has turned; they’re just friends) who are sworn to stop Vlad’s clan and who fight them on sight.

Vlad is the source of excellent stories in my game. I agree that he has apparently an innate romantic streak: I had planned to make him and his unhappy and betrayed newly-turned wife enemies, but he seemed crazy about her. He was always autonomously initiating romantic socials with her and keeping their relationship high; in the end, she forgave him because I couldn’t bear to break them up. It is fun to see them and their clans fight as rivals, and then to see him apologizing to her and wooing her back immediately afterward.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I like Vlad and all the other premades. Their cartoony design fits the cartoony world they live in.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have noticed that whenever I play a teen that lives alone, he seems to have a soft spot for them. He will come visit them often (not even try to bite them) and often ask them to come hang out. He does not usually yell at those I have played, not once unless they become better friends with others and he feels ignored. I think he feels that because he is picky as to he will be nice to or talk to, that the times he actually acts out is when he seems to feel ignored. I love Vlad, he's great! And when he is evil he is really evil. But it was a surprise to see he could have such a soft spot for some sims.

Lol, just had a thought, maybe that was his way of making them think he was nice until he was ready to turn them and use them for his evilness. Lol that's a thought too, still I always make sure he is saved and not to be pulled.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    the only thing i dont like about him is how ugly he is. but ive fixed that by editing him in CAS and replacing all my vlads in new games with the new one :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Vlad came over to my house last night. He joked with my guest, played games on his phone for a few hours, then quietly left! I thought that was pretty amusing.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Vlad came over to my house last night. He joked with my guest, played games on his phone for a few hours, then quietly left! I thought that was pretty amusing.
    Sorry, offtopic, but Lilith once broke into my house, washed dishes, took out trash, played with the cat and left. I really like vampires in this game :D
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    Uh OF COURSE! He is perhaps my favourite premade. I’m even doing a 100 baby challenge with him as my ‘matriarch’ (that should really be patriarch but the official title is matriarch. And he’s birthing the babies so I guess he’s gender fluid).

ETA: Oh, you don’t like his genetics? Hehe then you really wouldn’t like how his (so far 33) kids are turning out in my game :D