Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Mode really done a number to this sim

The way the questions were going in Story Mode I thought I was going to end up with a mermaid, but nope that is NOT what happened.

This sim ended up with the Child of the Ocean trait, and then to top it off created her as a vampire. Don't vampires have an aversion to water or something like that (vampire mythology)?

67403762_1319744668175825_8399723061829435392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQm_-VOrurheB0uVxXkS33sxq05haVnTD_jJqrJuAIqziLcsRUyeHFbXUF1_kCf_1vNY_1Mkk0wOfusD_yc54FBJ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=fb7f6563d233d9c00998b22ac86bf513&oe=5DB88C76

At the moment she is waiting for the sun to go down before she can even start her day err I meant night in cleaning up the island as a Conversationalist.

Comments

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    An island-dwelling vampire conservationist. Love it 👍😂
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I always end up with vampires too!
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    aversion to water? Never heard. I sure it's not sunlight you're mixing it up with?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Only holy water.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    My first attempt got me a mermaid, which is NOT what I was wanting to play. LOL I hit the X and began anew. Yeah, I'm a writer and editing comes fairly quickly to me. If I don't like it, I change it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    aversion to water? Never heard. I sure it's not sunlight you're mixing it up with?

Can't cross running water and have to obsessively count small objects.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited July 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »

This is fascinating to me as I've never heard either of these quirks?, what is your source, I'd love to read more. :)

Eta: I'm aware of the holy water, just not being able to cross running water.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019

This is fascinating to me as I've never heard either of these quirks?, what is your source, I'd love to read more. :)

It's from dracula, I think it's very stupid quirks lol, I usually take the vampire's lore frim movie where vampirism is from virus like Daybreakers
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire#Methods_of_destruction
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2019
    i only wanted to use this to get higher starter funds, turns out their idea of high starting funds is $30K big whoop! At least I can make more than 1 story sim though.
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Well, if the charisma doesn't stop sims from being litterbugs on the Island the fangs might help.

I love this <3 charming do-gooder with a sideorder of vampirism. Save the world and try not to eat the neighbors while you're at it. Best of luck to you little vampire.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    [quote="SilentKitty;c-17170169" Save the world and try not to eat the neighbors while you're at it. Best of luck to you little vampire. [/quote]

Or, save the world so there will still be humans left to eat. :D (Sort of like Spike from Season 2 of Buffy, for my fellow Gen X simmers out there...)

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Well, if the charisma doesn't stop sims from being litterbugs on the Island the fangs might help.

I love this <3 charming do-gooder with a side order of vampirism. Save the world and try not to eat the neighbours while you're at it. Best of luck to you little vampire.

She has done that, lol. Had a guy come to her beach with an angry attitude. First, she tried talking to the guy, but he wasn't having any of it, even cussed at her. So she decided to have him for her next meal. By the time she was done with him, he was too tired to attempt anything else.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2019
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Only holy water.

@EmmaVane There's a legend that says that vampires don't like running water, they don't cross rivers, etc...
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well done! I want this now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    :lol: Loving your sim & her story!

As to running water: ancient folklore/magic-belief held that magic couldn't cross running water. Vampires are unnatural creatures, therefore they can't cross running water. It's an extension of the older belief.

Lots of modern fantasy uses that particular rule.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The way the questions were going in Story Mode I thought I was going to end up with a mermaid, but nope that is NOT what happened.

This sim ended up with the Child of the Ocean trait, and then to top it off created her as a vampire. Don't vampires have an aversion to water or something like that (vampire mythology)?

67403762_1319744668175825_8399723061829435392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQm_-VOrurheB0uVxXkS33sxq05haVnTD_jJqrJuAIqziLcsRUyeHFbXUF1_kCf_1vNY_1Mkk0wOfusD_yc54FBJ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=fb7f6563d233d9c00998b22ac86bf513&oe=5DB88C76

At the moment she is waiting for the sun to go down before she can even start her day err I meant night in cleaning up the island as a Conversationalist.
    That cracks me up especially because she is a vampire and she has to do her job at night. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire#Methods_of_destruction

Thanks! Of course I didnt think to look on Wiki lol