Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Household items breaking...

DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
edited June 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Ok first of: is it really necessary that Household items break as often as dinnerplates in the hands of a hyperactive toddler?? it is useful for leveling handiness yes...but my stereo breaks almost every day which is a bit too often imo.

that aside (like i said, its great for easily maxing handiness plus free upgrade items) here is my gripe:

is there really a point to make stuff unbreakable?? because stuff will still break even with the upgrade and here is the thing: it causes you to be stuck in the fix animation if you try to repair an unbreakable item! in other words, the unbreakable upgrade on electronics is utterly useless and will even end up costing you lots of cash to replace those items because you can't fix it yourself anymore! in other words: you're wise to AVOID doing the unbreakable upgrades on items unless you want to burn cash ofcourse ;)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    The gremlin lot trait will break unbreakable objects. But that's the only experience I have had with something unbreakable breaking.

Maybe if you have a stereo outside that is unbreakable and it rains then it will break? That's the only other thing I can think of that would make sense.

If you're into it, there's a mod you can download that will let you decide which objects you want to allow to be breakable and the odds that it will break too I believe.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I can confirm that my Sim's "unbreakable" stereos break just as frequently, and the only recourse is to replace the item, or hire a repair tech to visit. Surely this is not as intended?
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The gremlin lot trait will break unbreakable objects. But that's the only experience I have had with something unbreakable breaking.

Maybe if you have a stereo outside that is unbreakable and it rains then it will break? That's the only other thing I can think of that would make sense.

If you're into it, there's a mod you can download that will let you decide which objects you want to allow to be breakable and the odds that it will break too I believe.

i am fully aware of all of that… wouldn't be posting this if those causes were the reason for my stuff breaking. but a stereo which i gave the veraxium wiring upgrade breaking even tho it's indoors and not on a lot with any lot trait but ocean Paradise? that ain't normal. pretty sure this is yet another glitch in the game.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No Gremlin lot trait. I run Base Game with Perfect Patio, Spa day and Parenthood. That's all.

It is an interior stereo, fully upgraded, by a Sim with Handiness 10. And as often as it ever did - which, with stereos, is every day or so - it still breaks. Once broken, one can select "Repair", but the interaction doesn't progress, and doesn't complete on its own. I have avoided letting other Sims upgrade stereos to that extent, since.

I'd have to go by old screen-shots to pinpoint when I first was encountering this (I know which Sim I was playing). But I am pretty sure it was before the June 18 patch.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I used to get a lot of breakages in one of my saves. Funnily enough, I had a lot of sims with maxed out handiness in that save yet they had to repair stuff a lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Yep to the stereos breaking too often. Haven't made anything unbreakable in a looong time so can't comment on that.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I definitely think things break crazily often in this game. Can't go to pee in the closest toilet? Toilet broken! Can't bath a stinky toddler? Bath broken! Can't watch TV? TV is smoking!
    I have a sim who's handiness I'm trying to get to L10 so I have her go round fixing things, but it does kind of distract from my gameplay. It's something every single day, maybe several things in one day (certainly in the upstairs bathroom!)
    I wonder if there's a link between the traits of the sim breaking things and the amount of times something breaks, but I haven't noticed anything. If that was the case my clumsy Sim's apartment probably should be burnt to the ground by now! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top