Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I play WITHOUT the latest patch?

I ABSOLUTELY do NOT want the "New Fresh Look". I have enough problems with migraines being triggered by my screen as it is.

BUT...

Suddenly Origin will NOT let me play Sims4 without going online. I have been playing it quite happily on and off all afternoon. Now I am being forced to "Go Online" every time I try to start Sims4. Other games in my Origin library start fine.

Please HELP!
Simming since the beginning! :)

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Do you have automatic updates turned off in Origin?

I was playing offline earlier this afternoon & it didn't give me any grief, but I'm certainly no expert. I have the auto-updates turned off, though, due to previous problems w/patches. Really sorry I didn't wait longer on June's pre-IL-patch. : / That one has made some of my homes unplayable until fixed, & there's no telling when they'll fix the no-split-level-basement bug.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can you just turn off automatic updates and then play?
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I put Origin offline and them it allows me to play the game. I'm avoiding the new patch because I'm not interested in downloading 5 GB now.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just discovered TwistedMexi has a mod to revert the screens back to the old version. It's called "Clean UI" & is on her site http://twistedmexi.com. Sorry, I'm on my phone & can't do direct link to the mod.
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    Thanks every body for your replies.

I had given up playing Sims4 but was lured back by the recent sale when I saw some items in the Get Famous pack I really liked. ( I should have known better LOL).

I was playing Sims 4 OFFLINE, and I have automatic updates turned off (always). I had logged out of Origin and popped onto the internet for some tips about "Clubs" as I have not used that part of Sims 4 before.

When I went back to my game a while later (internet cable unplugged) the game would not start. So Origin had somehow bypassed the fact that its set to offline and updates disabled even though it was not open but was (possibly) still in the system tray. I was and still am angry and absolutely disgusted with Origin. Having spent the previous 2 days searching for updates to Mods and CC and installing and testing (because I have not played or updated the game since the Dineout patch them AND ABSOLUTELY not wanting that abysmal rebrand rubbish and having to trawl through all the Modders websites again, only to be forced into it..... well words fail me. Now I know why I had given up playing Sims4.

HOWEVER I am SO THANKFUL that TwistdMexi has a mod to revert and thank you VERY much Starfree for the link. I had been searching unsuccessfully for a solution to the Origin forced update. Seems I am going to have to accept that update if I ever want to play my game again. But at least I can revert using the mod.

Thank you Guys and Girls :o)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    oh yeah i was about to recommend some mods for you but you found them glad you can play again :)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Oldeseadogge reported a similar issue in this thread. If both of you have turned off automatic updates, and went offline, but are still unable to play, might it not be a bug which should be reported over here in the bug forum? One player w/an issue & maybe it's a glitch, two reporting it at almost the same time, & maybe it's a new bug?

edited to get hyperlink to go to top of thread, not bottom. :wink:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I was about suggesting restarting your computer, but now I see you started the thread yesterday, so I'm pretty sure the computer was already taking a break...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I have a anti virus plus installed on my computer that puts programs running in the background to sleep. Origin is one of the programs I had it put to sleep. I was surprised when the program said Origin was running when I hadn't opened it and it was set to not open when I start my computer.
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    Hi DragonAge, ok so it wasn't just me going crazy :o;)

I have been watching my system tray like a hawk (as that is where Origin appears to lurk for a while AFTER I have closed it) to make sure its gone BEFORE I put my ethernet cable back in.

I have to say that I have been having a LOT of fun playing the actual game albeit modded to the hilt. I really wish EA looked at the most accomplished modders and incorporated their innovations into the official game. Names like Deaderpool, LittleMsSam, Weebersu spring to mind off the top of my head lol.

Removing the lot cap limit and increasing the club members to 50 for example had my club meet at the Orchid a Go Go club in Del Sol Valley buzzing with sims dancing, talking, woohooing in the bushes outside and the closet inside (which I find hilariousLol) and drinking at the bar. There were more sims spawning and roaming outside too waiting for someone to leave so they could get in :) . Even with so many sims the game still ran smoothly.

Sims 3 is STILL my absolute favourite but I have to say Sims 4 has matured very nicley within its confines with the help of the fabulous modding community.