Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

they seriously need to change the death system

im rotating between a few families in this game i have and the wife of my current household parents died while i was playing her family, i went to their house to pick up their urns, because i figured they were an actively played family they'd pop up even though i wasn't playing them at the time

and no urns. really???

why isn't there a cemetery lot? why is it that we only get urns for the people who die while we're actively playing them? i'm mad cause its messing up this entire story i have for this savefile.

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Check the household inventory if you haven’t already.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Should always check the elders age before moving over and counting the days when you play the other family, then switch between families to make sure you are there for that whole thing. at the very least have one of your family members come over on the day it happens and just stay around until the bucket is kicked. You should be able to pick the urns up.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

is that were they go when sims die when you're not playing them?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    We've been asking Maxis to sort this out for several years and threads. It's so difficult to find the urn if your Sim dies elsewhere than at home. At least we could get a message about which lot they died on or get their ashes in the mail!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

they were both elders and passed away at the same time the household completely disappeared
    Simburian wrote: »
    We've been asking Maxis to sort this out for several years and threads. It's so difficult to find the urn if your Sim dies elsewhere than at home. At least we could get a message about which lot they died on or get their ashes in the mail!

god yeah, i'd just rather prefer a graveyard system where the gravestones automatically pop up there. could be completely optional if they're worried about memory storage for all the dead sims. i got a beefy computer im sure it can handle a few gravestones on a lot.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I've been asking for a graveyard lot type where tombs would automatically go to for years and sadly nothing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

is that were they go when sims die when you're not playing them?
    I’ve seen it mentioned here anecdotally.
    cheescaeks wrote: »

they were both elders and passed away at the same time the household completely disappeared
    That’s too bad. I’m sorry for your loss. When I rotate houses, only my active household ages so you might want to adjust your game settings this way if they died of old age.

Can you revert back to a save when they were alive? I use the “recover save” option a lot when stuff like this happens.

I quite like building graveyards. I wish we could have the mausoleum back or is that too dark for this iteration? >:)
    I quite like building graveyards. I wish we could have the mausoleum back or is that too dark for this iteration? >:)

yeah i have a graveyard i built manually and i wanted to put their gravestones there. :\
    if anyone else has the same problem you'll need to install MCCC and teleport the ghost sim for world lot to an active sim in your household. turn on testingcheats in game, add to family. then use MCCC to revive them, and then MCCC again to kill them. i selected old age again just so its the same.

it sucks that i need to use mods to get their urns, hopefully they fix it.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The easiest way is to get a mod from littlemssam... It allows to get the urn for every ghost in the game from any urn you have https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412396783/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small
    edited July 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »
    The easiest way is to get a mod from littlemssam... It allows to get the urn for every ghost in the game from any urn you have https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412396783/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

I'm not using mods until Sims 4 is done but that might be one to keep an eye on if Maxis don't fix it!

Which iteration/pack was it where there was a café below the Mausoleum or was that a lot I downloaded?

Or a lot I made myself? Too long ago to remember......... :/
    Post edited by Simburian on
    SiliClone wrote: »

ohh thanks

i try not to use mods, i just installed MCCC for this and then uninstalled it again but i'll definitely keep that in mind when i have some other families im ready for them to pass on.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member

I find it truly vexing when the active Sim gets notified that a deceased Sim's spirit is fading and that your Sim should go visit their urn to strengthen their ties to this world. Well, I wasn't playing that household at the time of their decease. There is no urn. I found myself left with a choice. Roll back a save, or more, to find the Sim alive and go forward from there or just let that Sim go. In the grand scheme of things this character didn't die at this point in the timeline. I decided to just let him go, in the long run. Too much had happened that advanced my story to try to do it all over again, when usually things don't go exactly the same way. Even exiting without saving things won't play out as they did. I'm uncertain even if I set MCCC to have Sims die on lot will fix the lack of an urn situation.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I have a cemetery lot, easy enough to build.
    catitude5 wrote: »

its not the cemetery itself that im concerned with. its the urns and tombstones not popping up in played families when im playing a different one at the time and cannot retrieve it to put it in my cemetery that i made.

i'd prefer a maxis-built cemetery lot trait where urns and tombstones automatically generate into so im not losing ghosts that i want to keep
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Had this too. There is no attention to all the basics here. They need to go through all of these with proper features before releasing a game. And now we wait and wait and God knows if they ever patch these things in. We need funeral events, funeral lots and access to all urns. Household, npc or whatever.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yea this is a problem. i cant ever move my elders out because ill lose their urn if they are on other lots. its super annoying
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited July 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »

its not the cemetery itself that im concerned with. its the urns and tombstones not popping up in played families when im playing a different one at the time and cannot retrieve it to put it in my cemetery that i made.

i'd prefer a maxis-built cemetery lot trait where urns and tombstones automatically generate into so im not losing ghosts that i want to keep

Agreed. I miss the mausoleum in ts3 that would automatically spawn urns for sims.

Edit: LittleMsSam has mod that will allow you to generate tombstones that didn’t spawn.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    One thing I learned a while back is the game wants to place the urn in a specific spot (varies by lot), and if "moveobjects" has been used on items (in my case, it was a patch of grass) it can prevent the urn from being generated/placed.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I have several cemetery lots. And normally I will find the urn/stone at lots that were not played at the time of death. But they can be kinda hard to find!

Do you have any other graves on that lot? I found that the game often will place the new urn inside an old urn. So, unless I move the old urns, I won't find the new. Same with stones.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I have several cemetery lots. And normally I will find the urn/stone at lots that were not played at the time of death. But they can be kinda hard to find!

Do you have any other graves on that lot? I found that the game often will place the new urn inside an old urn. So, unless I move the old urns, I won't find the new. Same with stones.

i looked everywhere on their lot but nothing spawned on there.