March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about stories in CAS

adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcatmacros.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F07%2Fcat-halp-1-1.jpg&f=1

How is this supposed to work exactly?

Are you supposed to be able to create a story for every new sim you make?
On my current save if I try to create a new household to move in, it doesn't give me the option for stories? Nor can I make a story for a sim if I try to add them to already existing household. If I start a new game it gives the option.
I'm confused.
Send help pls :sweat_smile:

origin ID: adduapina

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    You can make a story sim like you can with vampires etc. Click "add a sim" in CAS and the drop down (drop up?) menu will show a book icon. Click that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @Sigzy05 Yeah... that just doesn't show up for me, except when starting a new game :/

So I guess it's off to AHQ then.
    edited July 2019
    adduapina wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 Yeah... that just doesn't show up for me, except when starting a new game :/

So I guess it's off to AHQ then.

qaOpXyI.png

This doesn't appear in your game?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Sigzy05 Create a new household to move in and adding sims to existing households won't give me that, no.
    Ok, so I tested on another save and it seems to be just my current save file that has this issue. I'll try to repair the game, see if that helps.
    adduapina wrote: »
    Ok, so I tested on another save and it seems to be just my current save file that has this issue. I'll try to repair the game, see if that helps.

Yes, repairing might help!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Shifty62Shifty62 Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm trying to use the 'story' in CAS, but when I've finished with the questions nothing happens. all I have is an outline of a SIM. how long should the game take to create the SIM or should I see see something immediately?
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Shifty62 wrote: »
    I'm trying to use the 'story' in CAS, but when I've finished with the questions nothing happens. all I have is an outline of a SIM. how long should the game take to create the SIM or should I see see something immediately?

You should see something immediately. Check if you have a mod that stops animations playing in CAS, since some versions can also stop Stories Sims from doing their 'spin into existence' animation. I had the same bug and the culprit turned out to be a mod to stop vampires growling in CAS.

• Shifty62Shifty62 Posts: 14 New Member
    Thanks, I do run a MOD to force SIMS to stand still in CAS. It would be helpful if I could just turn off a single MOD when I want to create these story SIMS & not have to turn off MODS & restart the game.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    If it's an older one, it may have already been updated to account for Stories. Check the creator page and see!
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    I also can see this option only when starting a new game. I thought this was a feature :P So you say it should work all the time? when creating new Sim in existing save as well?
    @adduapina - did the repair help?
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter