Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys use own custom music?

I have never used the feature and am wondering how the experiences are of the ones who do? Does it work well? How many songs do you use?

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I usually do use custom music and love it. I've found it works great except for the public speakers. For some reason, I've never been able to get custom music to work on those. Which is a pity because I'd love to have some pirate-y music for some of my lots in Ralton.
    Overall, I do enjoy it a lot and recommend it. I don't have too many songs (20-30 usually) so I don't know if that makes any kind of difference.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    i saw a mod on mod the sims that replaces all sims 3 music in game, in cas, in build buy etc with music from sims 2 instead. i would love to have sims 2 music in my game, but wish it wasnt replacement.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I usually do use custom music and love it. I've found it works great except for the public speakers. For some reason, I've never been able to get custom music to work on those. Which is a pity because I'd love to have some pirate-y music for some of my lots in Ralton.
    Overall, I do enjoy it a lot and recommend it. I don't have too many songs (20-30 usually) so I don't know if that makes any kind of difference.

It was kind of my intention to use it in particular on public speakers. I guess I can't :s
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I always had this problem where if my custom station was playing for a bit, eventually it would just go silent on one of the songs until I skipped a couple of them...which sometimes broke my sim's stereos. :lol: So I don't really use it anymore. :grimace:
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, I use custom music in all my games. The size of my playlist varies but I usually will have 8 or 9 songs lined up (the game shuffles them). The feature itself works just fine and I haven't had many issues with it. Just be certain to pay attention to the bit rate of the songs you wish to use 256 works best and I think 320 is the highest the game will allow, anything higher than that may cause issues with the function of the game. Also, make certain your music is in MP3 file format as it is the only format the game will accept.

Edit to add: The station doesn't play using the community lot speakers.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I read all your guys experiences, thanks for sharing! As more people say it doesn't entirely work as intended, I decided to do some google magic and stumbled upon this:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/GamePlayFAQ-Custom-Music
    I might give this a try in the future, but now I'm so busy building a town from the ground up. That is where the idea originally came from, as I wanted the stereo to play Celtic music.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I use it because I play in Dragon Valley a lot and decided my sims needed a Celtic music station. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    @budewarmin Thanks for the link, I might give that a try. The Kids station drives me nuts anyway and it would be lovely to get some different music around the community lots. :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I have the 6 New Wave songs from sims 2 on my custom music radio. Before that, I had all 7 jazz songs from The Sims 1: Hot Date, so I had a jazz radio station in my game.

The only problem I noticed with custom music is that they don't sound as loud in-game as outside the game, but this can be easily solved by using any program to amplify the volume.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    Yes I have used custom music. I like having the Matilda the musical songs in game. I think my sims children like the music.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I've used that feature quite a bit in the past, but don't use it on community lots at all.
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    budewarmin wrote: »
    I have never used the feature and am wondering how the experiences are of the ones who do? Does it work well? How many songs do you use?

I do, quite often. It's nice to have songs I know come on, instead of just the sims music. For houses that play music a lot, it's great fun!