Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Can't Find A Home To Move Into?

Hi! I keep running into this problem where some townie sims will get married and then want to move in together but it says "they'd love to move into their own home if they could find one" or something to that effect. When I go into Edit Town to check if there are any available houses, there is always plenty so I don't understand why this happens? I am using the Story Progression mod if that might have something to do with it? Is it just a matter of them not having enough funds or a house that isn't big enough for the family isn't available? Most of the time, I just go into Edit Town and move them in together myself but I'm curious why this happens to some and not others. Is there some kind of setting in Story Progression that I might have inadvertently chosen that causes this? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance <3

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2019
    Do they have enough simoleons to afford the available homes? perhaps plop down some starter homes.
    And if I'm not mistaken(don't quote me on this, I think I read it somewhere) that a house has to have at least 1 bed per sim.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    They need to be able to afford a home that is available, and one that has its lot type set to Residential-Regular (not Player Ownable). The other requirements are functions of NRaas StoryProgression -- there must be a fridge (no options for this), suitable beds of the correct sizes, and pet beds/stalls if pets are part of the household.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Lots > Options: Inspection to see what gets counted. If a lot is failing inspection for a prospective buyer and Rigorous is set to True, then sims will not purchase or move into it. Nor will sims want to move onto a lot for which they cannot possibly afford the property taxes if SP Money and its Unified Billing are in play. Either with failing inspections or getting over their heads and into debt, they will seek to move out as soon as they can anyway even if they have to split up to do so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Out of curiosity, what happens when they don't have a house to move into? Are they just homeless wandering around town?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I have to assume the sims in question each had their own households that they were members of before they got married because generally speaking sims who are homeless to begin with cannot do that. They should each remain in their own households and thus gain the Stranded Couple status, which is a filter that can be searched upon using MasterController if you want to find all partnered sims (some won't be married yet) who are not living together.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Do they have enough simoleons to afford the available homes? perhaps plop down some starter homes.
    And if I'm not mistaken(don't quote me on this, I think I read it somewhere) that a house has to have at least 1 bed per sim.

I have lots of premade starter homes with everything in them and cheap. I have tried adding them to the world when this happens but no dice :neutral:
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    They need to be able to afford a home that is available, and one that has its lot type set to Residential-Regular (not Player Ownable). The other requirements are functions of NRaas StoryProgression -- there must be a fridge (no options for this), suitable beds of the correct sizes, and pet beds/stalls if pets are part of the household.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Lots > Options: Inspection to see what gets counted. If a lot is failing inspection for a prospective buyer and Rigorous is set to True, then sims will not purchase or move into it. Nor will sims want to move onto a lot for which they cannot possibly afford the property taxes if SP Money and its Unified Billing are in play. Either with failing inspections or getting over their heads and into debt, they will seek to move out as soon as they can anyway even if they have to split up to do so.

All of this I have done.
  • Options
    sassygray5 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what happens when they don't have a house to move into? Are they just homeless wandering around town?

I always clear the town of homeless so I don't think so. Most are just in their own homes but for some reason won't move into each other's houses together (sometimes) for whatever reason.
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I have to assume the sims in question each had their own households that they were members of before they got married because generally speaking sims who are homeless to begin with cannot do that. They should each remain in their own households and thus gain the Stranded Couple status, which is a filter that can be searched upon using MasterController if you want to find all partnered sims (some won't be married yet) who are not living together.

I really need to add MasterController back, I guess then. I had removed it because I didn't find it as useful as I thought I would...