Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship glitch

AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I just found a glitch where two Sims will only recognise each other as acquaintances, even if their friendship bar is completely full. I tried making them best friends, but that didn't work - it just said they were best friends and acquaintances. The modifyrelationship cheat didn't work either. Does anyone know how to fix this?
#ConsistencyForAliensTS4

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Did you use the cheat like this: Modifyrelationship Tim Taylor Herbert Testinger 100 LTR_Friendship_Main
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Yeah. I tried doing it exactly like that (except for the names), and when that didn't work, I tried emptying the bar to the point where they'd be acquaintances anyway, then changing it back. Nothing worked. :/
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I've been noticing this for quite a while now, since before the recent patch. I don't have any fixes unfortunately, but you're not the only one having the issue. Do you have it with Sims who are friends or with Sims who have romantic relationships? I've only seen it with romantic ones.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    Those two sims are supposed to be good friends, with a tiny amount of pink in the romance bar.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Those two sims are supposed to be good friends, with a tiny amount of pink in the romance bar.

I just went and had a look in one file where I've got this happening and the affected Sims were just the same - good friends (nearly full green) and a small amount of pink. Judging by that I think what might cause it is when that small amount of pink reverts to being empty, and instead of the relationships panel saying "Just Friends" it instead says "Acquaintance". I've not seen the Just Friends tag since this bug started for me.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    Maybe I'll try telling them to flirt with each other, and if that doesn't work, I'll use the modifyrelationships cheat to drain the romance bar. I don't think I tried that.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, might be a good idea to check AHQ for a thread on this and if it's not there to make one to see if anyone has experienced the same issue. We don't take bug reports on these forums anymore unfortunately. I'll link you to The The Sims 4 AHQ and I'm going to close this one off just because it makes more sense to have it posted on AHQ.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top