Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Normal, long or short life span? (no modded answers) please .

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Normal Span
    Short is too short but I’d get bored with long. I do keep Sims I’m attached to around as vampires though :)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Normal Span
    Usually I have aging off and age up manually but when I do have it on it's usually on Normal. I play on short for legacies.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    umm...none of the above. I prefer aging off. Soo...forever?
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited July 2019
    Long span
    Long --- I've had aging off since mid 2016, though.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Long span
    Long but it's too long. Normal is too short.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Normal Span
    I use both short & long, I like long game play but change to short when feeling stagnated.

I clicked Normal, my choice wasn't available and I thought it was (loosely) the combination of both.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Normal Span
    Always normal, but I turn aging on and off when I feel like it. It really depends on the Sim and what I want them to accomplish.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Long span
    Wenzel wrote: »
    Normal.

If I have too much time with a sim, it feels as if nothing he/she does really matters.

If time is short, by contrast, every click and every decision gains more importance. Opting for A means that you'll not have the time for for B anymore. This leaves sims more "incomplete" and less maxxed out. It makes the "work-life" balance more challenging. Also, it forces you to say good bye to sims you've grown accustomed too. See them age faster than you'd like. And sometimes, you'll feel sorry (I wished I had given you a better life!). This increases the emotional appeal of the game imho.

Your answer makes me want to play on normal life span.

I normally play on long, and then when I feel like the sims should start aging up I change the life span to normal or short so that their birthdays come along. I also prefer 2 week long seasons as I feel 1 week long seasons are just too short (I also go a bit crazy with the Holidays), and the long life span is perfect for the 2 week season.
  • Kain_DrakanKain_Drakan Posts: 16 Member
    Normal Span
    I haven't tried long yet, but sure as heck don't care to try short. When I want a sim to stay at a certain age for longer, I just have them drink a potion of youth from the rewards. Now with the StrangeVille expansion, one of the 2 sims I've played the Mother Plant mission with I had him request the plant to reset his age. He was a young adult for quite a while, he needed the energy that comes with youth to raise that alien baby he popped out just days before he fought the Mother Plant.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Normal Span
    When I actually play with aging on and I almost always only do that with legacies, I prefer normal. Because long is too long and short is too short. Normal is long enough to just have your Sim do everything in their lifetime and it's a fun challenge to try and do everything before they die. Long would be too easy and short would be impossible.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2019
    Normal Span
    Normal. In every legacy generation, for a while, I turn it off though or set it on long to enjoy life a little. I like goal oriented gameplay but I want my sims to relax a bit too :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Aliciadestiny91Aliciadestiny91 Posts: 10 New Member
    I play on normal at the moment cause I do de legacies challenge not so berry. but sometimes I play at long as well
  • alian_queenalian_queen Posts: 5 New Member
    Normal Span
    I like normal lifetimes because then I can keep playing multiple sims and with legacy (which I just started doing).
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Long span
    used to play with long, now play with aging off and empty houses are not filled, I created all the families in my neighborhoods
  • JanlJanl Posts: 21 Member
    Long span
    I either play with long or aging off. I may also age up sims manually during these life spans. I also set it so other families don't automatically age up either.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Normal Span
    I like normal, and then I use potions of youth to make certain life stages a little bit longer.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Long span
    Almost always aging off here but when I try for aging on now and then I have to go with long.
    egTcBMc.png
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    Normal Span
    Normal with turning aging off every now and then
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Long span
    Modded extra long!! :D<3
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Normal Span
    I think it's so interesting how different we all play!
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I do play on long lifespan but have aging turned off for everyone except the household I play each time. I do prefer long lifespan over everything else but like few of you have said it can be hella long time so I do tend to age them up when I feel they are ready instead of waiting for nature to run its course, so to speak. For instance. the 1st set of toddlers in my main saved game are up a growth spurt even though they are not done yet with the toddler stage but they are more than ready both regarding skill gains and the Parenthood skill thing as well, so next time I start at the beginning of my rotation, these toddlers will grow up.
  • AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2019
    Long span
    I used to always play aging off, or a normal life span, however I felt it was too quick. I have recently started a family and feel like with a longer lifespan, the toddlers are maxing their skills, as are the kids and really having a chance to get their desired Character Traits and it's made me enjoy the game more. My current family seems to work so it may be my new go to.
    Antonia Louise <3
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Normal Span
    Normal...

... if I don't have the "Aging Off" turned on!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Long span
    Normally I play with ageing turned off for played households so I can age them up when I want to. However for non-played usually townies, elders or sims I’ve lost interest in as background sims I have on long span.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Long span
    I usually play with aging off because there never seems like enough time to do what I want/ :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top