Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Survey Ocean Wildlife

In my conservationist career, one of the tasks it asks you to do is "Survey Ocean Wildlife". When I go to Mua Pel'am to do that I click on the buoy and it gives the option to do this, my person does it, finishes it, but the task is never listed as completed. Has anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    If your sim is a mermaid, there's a bug-report for that here; please me-too it!
  • Painterroy58Painterroy58 Posts: 136 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    If your sim is a mermaid, there's a bug-report for that here; please me-too it!

Nope, a regular person.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Oh there are two threads. Like I said in the other:
    happyopi wrote: »
    It only works with turtles for me. Find them swimming near the shallow water buoy, and if you hover over one, cursor changes and you have the option to survey there.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can also survey fish at fishing spots
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Does your sim have the ' child of the sea ' trait? I think the trait is what prevents the mermaids from surveying the ocean.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Does your sim have the ' child of the sea ' trait? I think the trait is what prevents the mermaids from surveying the ocean.

Nope. What prevents them is their social phobia about snorkeling. The game don't let them survey because it uses the same animations as snorkeling.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    In my conservationist career, one of the tasks it asks you to do is "Survey Ocean Wildlife". When I go to Mua Pel'am to do that I click on the buoy and it gives the option to do this, my person does it, finishes it, but the task is never listed as completed. Has anyone else have this problem?

It's badly explained. If you survey ocean wildlife from buoy all you do is help clean up the island.
    In order for this specific task to count you must find clickable wildlife in the ocean, which basically only means turtles and sometimes small schools of small silvery fishes (NOT the fishing spot schools).
    You supposedly can survey corals but I have never found a clickable one.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have the same thing. I have a human sim (who does not have the child of the sea trait) in the marine biology branch of the conservationist career. She can snorkel and survey ocean wildlife but despite completing these tasks they never get marked as done on her work from home checklist. It’s very frustrating.
  • deFafnyrdeFafnyr Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. Non-mermaid sim. Tried survey from a snorkeling buoy in a different area but it doesn't give an update for the daily task and there is no snorkeling buoy in Mua Pel'am. I found the swimming vortex of tiny silver fish show up in coral but it was un-clickable. Have yet to see any turtles there and my sim actually lives there in Mua Pel'am on the uninhabited island lot. This is disappointing. I wanted to play this Sim with a career that could be done here at home, but it seems to be the daily task all the time so I'm stuck having to force her to rabbit hole into work.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    There are snorkeling buoys in Mua Pel'am in the ocean near the large lot with the wreck.
  • deFafnyrdeFafnyr Posts: 10 New Member
    Thank you so much!!! I can confirm that this works for updating the conservationist daily task too! This makes me so happy. :D
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    You're welcome. :)
  • joana_teixeira06joana_teixeira06 Posts: 1 New Member
    For me what worked was “spread conservation awareness” while speaking with other sims, and the task appears as complete :) hope this helps!
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top