Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives & Sims 4

Comments

• NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    The build tools look cool but I wonder how the game characters look. The artwork kind of reminds me of a cartoon like Family Guy.

The art style reminds me of Absolver or Ashen, but the people will probably have faces. I personally like that style. It would be cool if he can have hair physics in the game. Modders will also be able to share graphic modifications with steam workshop and those asthetic updates will be optional for players to download for thier game.
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, so far it's just one guy working on it full-time. And his income so far is derived from Patreon support. I doubt he'd have the money to pay people to advertise it. If anything, I think the excitement building up is organic, just because a lot of people want a competitor so badly

I do agree! I of course wish Alex all the best but I heavily doubt Patreon will be enough. For this game to be as big as The Sims 4 it would need more developing time than The Sims 4 (since there is only one person and way less funds), to be able to continue this project for so long.. will be very hard as well as keeping the hype will be quite hard. I will definitely try it and I am fully open to playing it alongside The Sims.. it's just I don't think it will be as complex unless this game will have a very long development time, a lot of funds and a bigger team.. which is okay with me! It is just what makes this game not something I will switch too, I can definitely imagine playing it on the side for fun!

I think it'll take a while to develop. And Alex is looking for more people to help out. If he keeps his word, post-release support is pretty good, because he promised whole new features in free updates. Time will tell if he'll deliver

I was surprised to see the fast growth on his Patreon though. It's about to reach $1000 per month as of now. Word's getting out

I am glad that Alex is looking for help! I hope that he can create a team as without it there is really no way it will compete with The Sims (I mean it would need to take at least double the time The Sims 4 took to develop with a huge team if he wants it to be as complex). I do like the building that I have seen, it is exciting that you can place lots anywhere in the world!

Is there any words on when he plans to release a version of it? I have been hearing people talk about it being released on Steam so I kind of assumed he talked about it haha
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It’s interesting. I’m keeping an eye on it for sure. People always thought Maxis would own the city builder genre and we all saw how that turned out.

Competition is good for The Sims.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i will be sticking to the sims4 thank you
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Looks interesting!
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2019
    It looks AMAZING!!! I’ll probably get my comment removed and get another warning for saying something bad about the sims (if that doesn’t show you how fed up with EA I am I don’t know what will), but since I don’t care to much at this point, i’m just gonna say how I feel. I feel like the devs (of ts4) don’t care about us anymore. However, since they’re the only life simulation game with such a huge following and really the best one on the market even tho the game (ts4) isn’t even that great, it means they don’t have to care about us or what we want and they can charge us overprice for everything, (especially things like Island Living which was going to be a game pack...) but they were just like “nah, who cares, money is all that matters to us”. But Paralives.... they are thinking about the people, putting their wants & needs first, and I find it incredible. You could say “their graphics are SO cartoony ew” but... they’re actually like that so people with non gaming computers/laptops can play the game easier. You could say “why do you even need cars now?” But Paralives is giving us cars because of how bad ts4 simmers have wanted them. They have a discord & Twitter were you can ask questions and make suggestions and they just might ADD WHAT YOU WANT INTO THE GAME. Like what? I mean... as you can see I love this concept and as long as it’s in my price range, honey I’m buying it 😂

Edits: I had to edit many words because I got so excited and typed this ridiculously fast. Oops haha
    I also acknowledge that they may never get off the ground and become something big, yes I know but I really hope so :)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, so far it's just one guy working on it full-time. And his income so far is derived from Patreon support. I doubt he'd have the money to pay people to advertise it. If anything, I think the excitement building up is organic, just because a lot of people want a competitor so badly

I do agree! I of course wish Alex all the best but I heavily doubt Patreon will be enough. For this game to be as big as The Sims 4 it would need more developing time than The Sims 4 (since there is only one person and way less funds), to be able to continue this project for so long.. will be very hard as well as keeping the hype will be quite hard. I will definitely try it and I am fully open to playing it alongside The Sims.. it's just I don't think it will be as complex unless this game will have a very long development time, a lot of funds and a bigger team.. which is okay with me! It is just what makes this game not something I will switch too, I can definitely imagine playing it on the side for fun!

I think it'll take a while to develop. And Alex is looking for more people to help out. If he keeps his word, post-release support is pretty good, because he promised whole new features in free updates. Time will tell if he'll deliver

I was surprised to see the fast growth on his Patreon though. It's about to reach $1000 per month as of now. Word's getting out

I am glad that Alex is looking for help! I hope that he can create a team as without it there is really no way it will compete with The Sims (I mean it would need to take at least double the time The Sims 4 took to develop with a huge team if he wants it to be as complex). I do like the building that I have seen, it is exciting that you can place lots anywhere in the world!

Is there any words on when he plans to release a version of it? I have been hearing people talk about it being released on Steam so I kind of assumed he talked about it haha

According to the website, there is no planned release date yet, so we'll just have to wait
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I like everything about this except the graphics.

LOL what does this even mean?!?! :D

? It means that I like the gameplay and the ideas he has but I don't like the way the game looks.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

According to the website, there is no planned release date yet, so we'll just have to wait

Ah okay I was just wondering! I am happy with The Sims 4 and I am not looking for a replacement (apart from the game having many bugs I don't have complaints haha) but I am just happy to try it out and see what it is when it comes out!

Ah okay I was just wondering! I am happy with The Sims 4 and I am not looking for a replacement (apart from the game having many bugs I don't have complaints haha) but I am just happy to try it out and see what it is when it comes out!

Yeah. There's nothing wrong with having more choices. And competition gives sellers an incentive to come up with a better product
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Yeah. There's nothing wrong with having more choices. And competition gives sellers an incentive to come up with a better product

I agree that having more choices is nice! I just don't think it will be able to beat EA unless Alex gets a big team and a lot more funds. I am sure some players will switch to Paralives though! Of course I do wish Alex all the best :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I like everything about this except the graphics.

LOL what does this even mean?!?! :D

? It means that I like the gameplay and the ideas he has but I don't like the way the game looks.

Oh ok, and yea it looks more like a mobile app to me at this point in time.
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    edited July 2019
    I can't wait to see more about this. There most likely will be no Sims 5 so this would be a good reincarnation of the series. I've yet to buy into sims 4, if ever. So I won't miss it if this new game becomes a success.

Don't really expect it to come out for like 3 or 4 years so I'll just keep my eyes peeled
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I want to see the sims!
  • Purplekitty28Purplekitty28 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi I'm really sorry to be posting this in the completely wrong place but I don't seem to have access to post separate topics and I'm not sure why? could somebody help me with this please?
    Hi I'm really sorry to be posting this in the completely wrong place but I don't seem to have access to post separate topics and I'm not sure why? could somebody help me with this please?

I have posted a message on your profile so we don't go off topic here :smile:
  • Pinkiepie0155Pinkiepie0155 Posts: 1 New Member
    personally, im really excited because the graphics are just the right amount of cartoonish that i adore
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    While I'd love to see other life simulation games, you're basically expecting an indie game to go up against a AAA franchise. Until a big studio picks it up, it's not gonna make EA go "guys we gotta do something to keep the players".
    It's fine to consider this a possible alternative to the sims but it's not going to be a competitor.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The game promises a lot and if it can pull that all off it will blow The Sims so far out of the water it will be floating out somewhere in outer space. The graphics/art style is very elementary and bad, though.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • paulmcbeardypaulmcbeardy Posts: 70 Member
    From the video I saw, the main thing they're promoting right now is building and that's never been a huge part of my Sims gameplay. Like other posters have said, I've have to see the characters' appearance to determine whether I really like it or not.

Everyone was ranting and raving about how good Paralives looks in a Sims Facebook group I'm in and I didn't really get the hype. Cool concept but the visuals don't appeal to me so far. I've heard pets would be included in the base game... they're making some big promises so let's see how they deliver.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Its a nice idea. With enough support it can be a cute small game. Over years it can become a nice indie game but wont be triple A. One person can do it. The game Kenshi had been in development god knows how many years with one guy but it ended up being a good game. But it did take years.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The graphics look worse than TS1, it's so visually unappealing. There are a lot of pretty words being tossed around right now, but unless the graphics improve, forget it.
    The graphics look worse than TS1, it's so visually unappealing. There are a lot of pretty words being tossed around right now, but unless the graphics improve, forget it.

So why do you keep coming back to the thread then? :) Personally, if something didn't interest me I'd just say so and then move on with my life. Life's too short to obsess with something you don't even like

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    While I'd love to see other life simulation games, you're basically expecting an indie game to go up against a AAA franchise. Until a big studio picks it up, it's not gonna make EA go "guys we gotta do something to keep the players".
    It's fine to consider this a possible alternative to the sims but it's not going to be a competitor.

Tell that to City - Skylines. It was created by a studio with only 13 employees when it released.