August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Paralives & Sims 4

15678911...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,135 Member

This game better happen. I DON'T WANT WHATEVER EA'S OFFERING to be the only option!

Progress in the Life Simulation Genre!

Rod Humble's Latest Interview on His Deepest Project Yet for Paradox Tectonic

Paralives - Meet Sebastian!
    (Body hair with color wheel, and para-lore!)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 16,696 Member
    One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,448 Member
    Again, this is stuff I always dreamed of seeing in The Sims games I never thought we'd get it. And it's kind of sad to me how surprised I am. Not just because they're indie and a very small team, but because I don't see The Sims team doing stuff like what they are. And I know the game isn't released yet, but still this is the type of innovation I want to see. I just said this in another thread but Paralives team often has me like, 'What is this? This... this is possible?'

I also mentioned how I wonder if him being able to reflect on his existence is a part of his personality and they're working on that aspect now too or if that's just something all Parafolk will be able to do. His description makes me think it's personality related but I guess we'll find out soon. I'm also guessing we'll see his child soon.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 17,631 Member
    There are a lot of details shown in that video. Like that tiny raised platform going out of the kitchen. And how he's wearing a tank top with a racerback (is that what it's called?). I'm really excited to see more
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 16,696 Member
    One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
  • Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 291 Member
    I think paralives is cool, but I don’t think I would play it.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,343 Member
    This game is getting better and better...Why can't The sims team give this much depth. I am so ready to leave TS behind.
    Lord Beerus and Lord Frieza's Queen.
    tumblr_inline_nkkfq81Dwx1r5ight.gif
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 11 New Member
    I hope they add the ability to make detailed sculpt of the parafolks instead of just choosing from a set of options or using sliders.
  • WilliamVSimsWilliamVSims Posts: 27 Member
    I'm here after the Sebastian announcement and I'm pretty dissapointed, he just looks very odd. I will prolly always stick to Sims because I dont like change :joy: It will also take a long time for Paralives to be released and I feel like it will fail because of people's expectations because in the end it is still an Indie game and not a game made by a huge team/company. Still looking forward to see what they come with to win over Sim fans but right now I dont even know if I would ever want to buy Sims 5 let alone this new simulation game that already dissapoints me early in development.