Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Today's patch is ridiculously disappointing...

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Well, see, some of us supernatural players did get what we asked for. After all, isn't Dark Meditation supposed to work properly now for our Vampires? Go ahead and read those patch notes again.

Meanwhile, those of us who purchased 'Dine Out' can't even enjoy the central feature of the pack because our food keeps being stolen by other Sims...

Honestly, I get why you're so upset! But you did say this:
    Why do they keep giving us stuff literally NOBODY even asked for!? I swear, with all the time they decided to use on redesigning the home/loading screens to become much uglier than originally, they could've done something useful... like fix the many bugs that were given to us with 'Island Life'... but, no... they decided this stuff was a better use of their time.

That is the point of my earlier comment. You said that nobody got what they asked for, and that is incorrect. I was pointing out an error and telling you to re-read it so that you would realize that.

I was referring to the redesign of the home/loading screens...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    the entire new update, except for CAS stories, is the definition of IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT. what was wrong with the game before??
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Toddlers are fixed in terms of the stuck objects issue but they still get interrupted during meals and stop eating on many occasions. The influence emotions power has been fixed for vampires, but is now broken in such a way that even vampires who don't have it as an unlocked power can use it.

The console version also got all of the bugs we've been dealing with yesterday, including the toddler issues and the dark meditation/emotions breaking. Seeing as they'd fixed those issues for PC with our latest patch, they could have taken some time to anticipate and prevent them in the console patch, especially considering the dark meditation glitch is caused by a single line of code.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They didn’t even patch in the island living counter that was missing. Something they knew since EA play, a whole month ago. Makes me think they pretended to forget to put it in because they didn’t actually create one. This patch is underwhelming and it’s hilarious seeing people on Twitter say “I’ve never been more excited for a patch”😂😂

Which counter? Is that one counter supposed to have an accompanying island as well?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to the feedback area.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    They didn’t even patch in the island living counter that was missing. Something they knew since EA play, a whole month ago. Makes me think they pretended to forget to put it in because they didn’t actually create one. This patch is underwhelming and it’s hilarious seeing people on Twitter say “I’ve never been more excited for a patch”😂😂

Which counter? Is that one counter supposed to have an accompanying island as well?

Yes, it is.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Yes, it is.

Dang I was wondering why it wasn’t there!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well, see, some of us supernatural players did get what we asked for. After all, isn't Dark Meditation supposed to work properly now for our Vampires? Go ahead and read those patch notes again.

Meanwhile, those of us who purchased 'Dine Out' can't even enjoy the central feature of the pack because our food keeps being stolen by other Sims...

Honestly, I get why you're so upset! But you did say this:
    Why do they keep giving us stuff literally NOBODY even asked for!? I swear, with all the time they decided to use on redesigning the home/loading screens to become much uglier than originally, they could've done something useful... like fix the many bugs that were given to us with 'Island Life'... but, no... they decided this stuff was a better use of their time.

That is the point of my earlier comment. You said that nobody got what they asked for, and that is incorrect. I was pointing out an error and telling you to re-read it so that you would realize that.

I was referring to the redesign of the home/loading screens...

Welp, nobody did ask for that. But I'm a person of literal meanings. Adios, I won't be back.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Didn’t they just make a handful of CAS items base game out of hundreds? I’m really not seeing the big deal as far as that goes.

My concern goes further than just the clothes... it's also the fact that there are actual game breaking bugs that aren't even being fixed.

Which I didn’t say shouldn’t be concerning, I’m just not upset about the clothing.
    It seems some old bugs might be back. I've literally just had the one where a Sim returns from work, only for the UI to say they're still at work, meaning their inventory is inaccessible.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • razhrfyrerazhrfyre Posts: 2 New Member
    If the aim of the new loading screen was to make it easier on those with visual impairments, it was a BIG miss. If you wanted to make them worse, you succeeded brilliantly. You should actually have someone with such disabilities look at the screen to give you feedback before putting such things out! The original screen was much less obnoxious and sickening. This new one is offensively contrasting with the new colors. Worse, the green now actually pulses -- a triggering thing for visual issues! No one needed the plumbob to look more realistic! The jewel effect makes this loading screen bad to look at and since it happens all the time, the game is bad to play. Just a huge miss for what was trying to be achieved here!
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member

[...]

As for the thousands of objects they "unlocked", what's even the point if we can't even use any of it!? Our Sims literally won't even acknowledge any of them... they're just gonna walk right through them anyway, so even using these objects for the sake of aesthetics is practically useless... I mean, really... if they're going to give us these objects to use, the very least they could do is make them solid objects. Otherwise, it's pointless.

I've seen a lot of tweets, a lot of videos, and been in a lot of streams where a lot of people have asked for the liberated objects and been perfectly fine with the notion that they are purely decorative. I'm just fine with getting a decorative car. I'm over the moon with decorative plants. I can find ways to make sure my sims don't walk through items.

This is very much a feature I wanted. Is it perfect in its execution? No. Do I wish they had released these as more fully realized objects? Yes. Do I wish they were more organized? Yes. But overall? I'm very happy.

While I understand your frustration (I wanted bug fixes too), a lot of people who are builders are happy to just finally be getting some new objects to use, even if it's solely for aesthetic purposes.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I've seen a lot of tweets, a lot of videos, and been in a lot of streams where a lot of people have asked for the liberated objects and been perfectly fine with the notion that they are purely decorative. I'm just fine with getting a decorative car. I'm over the moon with decorative plants. I can find ways to make sure my sims don't walk through items.

This is very much a feature I wanted. Is it perfect in its execution? No. Do I wish they had released these as more fully realized objects? Yes. Do I wish they were more organized? Yes. But overall? I'm very happy.

While I understand your frustration (I wanted bug fixes too), a lot of people who are builders are happy to just finally be getting some new objects to use, even if it's solely for aesthetic purposes.

Honestly? It's just sad when a TS4 simmer gets excited over items that aren't good. That's how starved you all are for content - you're all giddy over anything they hand you even if it's poor quality. Smh....

Why not hold their feet to the fire and expect better quality for the money you pay? This is crazy. I'm glad TS1, TS2 and TS3 simmers didn't have to put up with this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

• CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2019
    Honestly? It's just sad when a TS4 simmer gets excited over items that aren't good. That's how starved you all are for content - you're all giddy over anything they hand you even if it's poor quality. Smh....

Why not hold their feet to the fire and expect better quality for the money you pay? This is crazy. I'm glad TS1, TS2 and TS3 simmers didn't have to put up with this plum.

I have never gotten the fuss over functional cars (or open world). It's just not how I play this game. But this is part of the issue, isn't it? There are people who get highly into CAS, people who mostly do gameplay, people who build. Sometimes content comes out that satisfies one of those groups. As a builder, I've been frustrated for a long time over packs with minimal content that I can use. I criticize EA all the time. I'm not shy about doing that.

But the original post suggests that nobody wanted the stuff in this patch and that's not accurate.
    Post edited by CommaSplice on
  • maddyrose16maddyrose16 Posts: 1 New Member
    The new graphics are making my computer overheat and shut down, despite my drivers all being up to date. Super disappointed :(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    The new graphics are making my computer overheat and shut down, despite my drivers all being up to date. Super disappointed :(

Have you got a coolpad to put under it? That might help.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I was really hoping they would have addressed the off the grid trait and tweak it a bit to be more usable, like cleaning plumbing fixtures or refilling the wash tub.
    At least they fixed the most urgent bugs for toddlers and vampires. But a few other fixes would have been more useful than a rebrand which seems 100% focused on young adults.

And I'm still wasting time trying to see the difference between the new pack icons. The color difference are way too subtle to be practical.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @PrincipleOfEntropy - would you want to try the workaround that rosemoes described in the bug report for this issue? S/he said it only worked once, and then it broke again.

Also, for anyone who has this bug, please hit the me-too button under the first post here!
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @PrincipleOfEntropy - would you want to try the workaround that rosemoes described in the bug report for this issue? S/he said it only worked once, and then it broke again.

Also, for anyone who has this bug, please hit the me-too button under the first post here!

Thanks for pointing this out.

There's been quite a few weird bugs across PC but my PS4 copy is really in trouble, because there's currently a now documented bug where placing a door in build mode immediately crashes the game, so people are effectively stuck when it comes to building for the next month at the least.

As for my PC copy the bug where Sims don't stay in bed after being told to sleep is back too. I also levelled up a few vampires without having to take any weaknesses. I tested that one three times with vanilla settings too.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Unrelated, but how do I unlock these objects? I type that cheat it, but can't seem to find them.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @DragonCat159 I posted this in another thread, so cut and pasted it here for you. Hope it helps!

Here's the steps to access the new liberated world objects:

1. Open the cheat box by pushing down the shift, control and C buttons
    2. In the cheat box type testingcheats true (or on for some people), click enter
    3. In the cheat box type bb.showhiddenobjects, click enter
    4. In the cheat box type bb.showliveeditobjects, click enter
    5. Type debug in the search box and choose one of the debug words that pop up. I usually just choose the first one. Voila! You should have access to all the new objects now.

*Note - Sometimes instead of typing debug in the search box, you need to do an empty search by just clicking go. This will refresh the new objects so they show up. You might still need to type in debug afterwards though if you want direct access to the objects instead of having to scroll past all the normal objects first.

Tip: If you are looking for an object you know is in a particular pack, filter by that pack. The filter box is located near the lower right of your screen.

Sims Community also has information on how to do this with images if you'd like to check it out. The only step they don't mention is keying in bb.showhiddenobjects, but others mention it in the comments. I guess some people need that additional cheat code implemented and some don't. Anyway, here's a link:

The Sims 4: How to find over 1000 Environment Objects in Build Mode

Happy Simming! <3
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Thank you. Happy simming to you too :)<3
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Didn’t they just make a handful of CAS items base game out of hundreds? I’m really not seeing the big deal as far as that goes.

Are these items even in the game without using a code? And NO, we didn't ask for that rediculous looking plumbob og head screen. But this has happened before, when all I am waiting for is the restaurant issues to be fixed.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Yes, it is.

Dang I was wondering why it wasn’t there!

And it will probably never be added. It's more important to add items from dlcs for free than fixing the missing objetcs in dlcs.
    Lu4ERme.gif