Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Story: Explain It To Me Like I’m 7

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
As far as CAS Story goes, will all Sims start with a career, at least 2 skills, AND more/less money than usual?

OR does it depend on how you answer the questions? Like, can some Sims be unemployed? Can some Sims not get ANY skills? Will some have level 10 in anything? Will some be completely broke or totally rich? Etc.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Some Sims do not spawn a career, though they may. I haven't seen more than a few points in any skill, and have seen no Sims yet learn none. Starting funds can be lower, normal, or higher, but never absurdly rich, nor totally broke. It's more a small leg up than creating totally skilled, wealthy, highly-employed Sims. Still useful for creating townies, for instance, who you want to have something to start with.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2019
    Low money is 20k (current starter funds)
    Standard is 35k
    Rich is ??

Money is decided by how you answer various questions (do you keep/sell/donate an artifact for example) so you can answer as if you were avaricious and turn out richer than someone who answers philanthropically.

If a sim is given a career they get a bonus skill related to it (Programmer for tech guru, Painting for painter etc) as well as the 2 skills that everyone gets. They appear to be level 3 from what I've seen.

Everything is based on which questions you choose to answer, and how you answer them. Each answer gives (or takes) points towards a skill, trait, aspiration, career or starting funds and these get locked in as you reach a certain threshold of points.

Sims may also be unemployed if they have certain traits or don't score enough to specify a career path. Sims can end up with part time jobs if they are more busy too, such as family sims that want more family time.

The more similar questions you answer, the more likely you'll be able to predict the possible outcome, whereas skipping and doing a completely mixed selection may mean you end up with a more random result.

Lifestate is another factor that can be assigned based on how you answer questions.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    This is still optional, though, right?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    This is still optional, though, right?

Right.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Some Sims do not spawn a career, though they may. I haven't seen more than a few points in any skill, and have seen no Sims yet learn none. Starting funds can be lower, normal, or higher, but never absurdly rich, nor totally broke. It's more a small leg up than creating totally skilled, wealthy, highly-employed Sims. Still useful for creating townies, for instance, who you want to have something to start with.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Low money is 20k (current starter funds)
    Standard is 35k
    Rich is ??

Money is decided by how you answer various questions (do you keep/sell/donate an artifact for example) so you can answer as if you were avaricious and turn out richer than someone who answers philanthropically.

If a sim is given a career they get a bonus skill related to it (Programmer for tech guru, Painting for painter etc) as well as the 2 skills that everyone gets. They appear to be level 3 from what I've seen.

Everything is based on which questions you choose to answer, and how you answer them. Each answer gives (or takes) points towards a skill, trait, aspiration, career or starting funds and these get locked in as you reach a certain threshold of points.

Sims may also be unemployed if they have certain traits or don't score enough to specify a career path. Sims can end up with part time jobs if they are more busy too, such as family sims that want more family time.

The more similar questions you answer, the more likely you'll be able to predict the possible outcome, whereas skipping and doing a completely mixed selection may mean you end up with a more random result.

Lifestate is another factor that can be assigned based on how you answer questions.

Interesting, thanks!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Depends on how you answer the questions. For example, I had a sim just a few hours ago with the classic, 20,000 simolean starter funds.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    It said one of mine I created woyld have high funds, she came with 30k
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    When making more than one sim and one has a higher income then it seems like they don't benefit from the one that was suppose to have a higher income.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    It said one of mine I created woyld have high funds, she came with 30k

34,000 for me, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    How did the one they made come out with almost a million? I've tried all kinds of options and the most I have gotten was the 30k, it would be cool to get the other, I have yet to have a sim win the lottery. Even my poor sims that were living in a tent and using a bush to pee in, and taking showers at the gym lol.
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    How did the one they made come out with almost a million? I've tried all kinds of options and the most I have gotten was the 30k, it would be cool to get the other, I have yet to have a sim win the lottery. Even my poor sims that were living in a tent and using a bush to pee in, and taking showers at the gym lol.

In the live stream, one of the gurus put in a money cheat. They said doing the questionnaire won't ever make your Sim that rich.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I heard SimguruGraham laugh and say Steve had put in a money cheat, then he reduced it a tad..lol