Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❤ Thanks for the World Name

Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
Hi :mrgreen:

*Edited:

Satanu_Reeves Suggested Pangaea and it has been accepted by many. Thanks so much! :cookie:

I know there are So many talented and imaginative players here and I'm not very good at names, so I'm asking the Community for its help. Any suggestions for a world name will be appreciated. :cookie:

To me, this world is more a Continent than a town or city, if you know what I mean? :)

Here are some pictures which I hope will inspire you all.

Desert side
KdLIdQG.jpg

Jungle Side
qM6gP4Y.jpg

City Side
tNAuqNu.jpg

Frozen side
jh8XoDr.jpg

I put more pictures behind the spoiler to help it load fast, if anyone is on their phones.
Places to get lost
dSbdoOp.jpg

Tropical Beach
Uw7HpHa.jpg

Quay
KXuRGa4.jpg

Frozen Research Center
2RCWTpv.jpg

Rocky Stream
zXqpmRG.jpg

Country
81Q1dH7.jpg

Waterfalls
Tqz4jjB.jpg

Jungle
P80CEvS.jpg

Hilltop Houses
jtppqan.jpg

Small Housing area
Ake3qEA.jpg

Lonely Roads
zCdbO70.jpg

Small City (is that a thing? XD )
YutRd1E.jpg

Closer jungle view
n3XF3gy.jpg

Swamp
myW0iw6.jpg

Horse Country
pAos7Uq.jpg
Post edited by Rflong7 on

Comments

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Wow that's awesome! I can't think of any names right now, though.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks @rubyskywalker That's okay. If you think of one later, that's be wonderful! :cookie:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Your worlds are always so awesome and I like the harmony of the different areas in the world so I'm picking Harmony.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    “New Pangaea” comes to mind.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    If you’re interested in some naming resources, here are a couple name generators:
    https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/continent-names.php
    http://www.rangen.co.uk/world/continentgen.php

I sometimes use generators like these as a starting point when I’m looking for more distinctive names. But my favorite way to name something is to base the name on words/word origins that describe whatever stands out to me the most.

This world you have designed has such gorgeous detail as well as great diversity. For me, this brings to mind artistic terms like montage, mosaic, tessera/tesselation... since many varied smaller elements were used to create a uniquely blended whole. So I might alter one of these words so it sounds like a continent name. And since tessera is a less common word and makes me think of terra (earth in Latin), I’d try something like Tessaria or Tesselatia.

No idea if this is compatible with your personal style and preferences though. If I wanted something more direct, I might try using Unity in some way. I also like the previous suggestions mentioned.

Good luck with the name and congrats on another stunning world! :heart:
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I can't wait for this to be finished! It already looks great!!!

I think @Satanu_Reeves "New Pangaea" fits it perfectly! Pangaea was the name of the huge land mass of ancient Earth before it broke up into the modern continents.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2019
    Well it has various climate regions,and its square

The Four Corners

And if trying to sound exotic

Las Cuatro Esquinas The Four Corners in Spanish

Or

Quattro Angoli Four Corners in Italian

PS: I am really starting to think you are pretty good at this whole world making thing. :smirk:

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    “New Pangaea” comes to mind.

What the heck??? I was thinking of the exact same thing, lol!! Great minds think alike I guess :smile:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    While i am not good at this stuff I also like the sound of "New Pangaea" as suggested by @Satanu_Reeves and seconded by @CrownSims and @ClarionOfJoy-)

However I also love the sound of Las Cuatro Esquinas The Four Corners in Spanish by @CravenLestat as well :)

Finally just getting my hands on another awesome world you have taken the time to create is enough for me to play the world with whatever you decide to name it :)
    Awesome! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the suggestions, @bekkasan @Satanu_Reeves @starguru @CravenLestat

And Thanks for the votes on them @ClarionOfJoy @CrownSims @SPARKY1922

If any one is reading but doesn't have a name, you can vote for one you like. :cookie:

Right now it's called Coastal_Jungle.world :lol:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I quite like @CravenLestat's suggestion of Quattro Angoli, although I would drop the Quattro and just call it Angoli.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I vote for New Pangea.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Fantasia

(like the world in... NEVERENDING STORY)

just saying... :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I rather liked Tessaria myself.
    Pangaea is also nice, though I like it better without the 'new' in front.

I'm not very good at naming. I'm fond of strange and weird names that make virtually no sense, so I'm not even going to try.
    I love generators though, and had a play around with them. I had to laugh when one continent suggestion of "Greasysoyai" popped up.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I also thought of Pangaea while looking at the pictures, before reading any of the comments!

I'm adding my vote for Pangaea, or alternatively for a made-up name that starts with Pan- to show that it has everything:

Pansimia
    Pansimion
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    The world looks amazing! So great to know there are still talented people building content for TS3. :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I like Pangaea too!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I vote for Pangea as well :)
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Don't have a name but the world looks very cool! I like how it has multiple biomes.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I was thinking something like Four Corners, which made me think of a cube, which made me think of Tesseract.

It looks lovely, Rflong - can't wait to try it out, although I'm still having fun with Legacy Island III. :)
  • AliceAngelisAliceAngelis Posts: 17 Member
    This looks neat.

Who lives there, though? What kind of name a place has depends on who does the naming, and a place is probably named by the people who live there.
    This looks neat.

Who lives there, though? What kind of name a place has depends on who does the naming, and a place is probably named by the people who live there.

Okay, I cut the long paragraph on why a name is just a name and still might smell of roses if called an apple, to tell you -

It is Unpopulated and it doesn't have a back story. To me, that's up to the player. The player takes this background world and creates their own stories of who lives there and why. :cookie:

I'm looking for an interesting name or a cool sounding name. :)
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Pangea was my first thought, too. Pangaea Neos.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Pangaea probably looked different but this is pretty close to how I envisioned it when it was first described to me as a child. I guess I wasn't the only one :) . The 'new' part of the suggestion was because I was also trying to somehow include the modern structures.
    Thanks Everyone! :mrgreen:

I've got a name for the world now. @Satanu_Reeves : Pangaea :cookie: