Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Xwanton wrote: »
    EA doesn't deserve any more of my money. Especially in the case of stuff packs, which are already largely devoid of content... I don't even own Fitness stuff but I feel for those who do. And they've got the nerve to advertise this as "new" content. Honestly, I'm trying my hardest to like this game but they really don't want me to.

I don’t think they ever said these particular items were new, just that they would be available with the patch (new hairstyle excluded).
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    nekotlc wrote: »
    Maybe I am dumb, but what do people mean some items are BG. What do you mean by BG, like you have to re buy the Expansions to get these items back? Or they're now DLC we have to pay to get them, because if that's so that's a lot of bull plum! If we bought the EPs and GPs and SPs we shouldn't have to pay for them again! plum move EA! You expect us to lie down and take it like that loot boxes are just 'surprise mechanics'. You can't serve people poop and say its pudding people won't fall for it!

Ok so one of items that’s now Base Game is a sweatshirt from the Fitness Pack. If you already bought this pack, you had the sweatshirt even yesterday.

Now let’s say today someone else who does not own the Fitness Pack patches their game and has the new update. This person will now have that same sweatshirt installed to their game because it’s now a Base Game asset and no longer associated with the Fitness Pack. So something you paid for in the Fitness Pack is now included in the game for free for someone else. That is the unfair part.

Why would that be unfair? It seems reasonable to give certain things that came in other back free to people who don’t have packs. Fitness Stuff was more the rock climbing wall anyways not any of the clothes in it.

Because the payed for packs were advertised with these certain things. Some people who aren't sure about buying a pack are convinced to buy it anyway because of a certain object or piece of clothing which is exclusively included. Adding these particular things for free to the game is just a wrong thing to do. It's only normal for people who actually payed extra money for this content to be upset. Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people, myself included, bought Fitness Stuff for CAS and not for the rock climbing wall.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'm actually happy they added more into the base game. Gives ppl without the packs some more stuff.

Or they could do the normal thing and actually create more assets to add to base game ???

Oh nooooo, that would be too much work for them...
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I'm actually happy they added more into the base game. Gives ppl without the packs some more stuff.

Or they could do the normal thing and actually create more assets to add to base game ???

We wouldn't want to make them try, would we?

Nooo we don't want them overworking their poor little selves since they do so MUCH already..-eye slant.-
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

Akl500P wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    ummm WHERE ARE THE BUG FIXES!?!?! Sheesh this game omg.

This is why I get so upset about adding stuff like Alexa and rebranding and first person etc. It is not like I hate these things. I am just so frustrated major bugs like oh I don't know something major like fixing mermaid genetics are not addressed before adding in more useless stuff. We are talking about a major feature of an expansion. We can fix how an icon looks for those who don't own the pack but not fix stuff IN the PACK...LOL Wow just wow

Different people and teams do all of this stuff. Yes the amount of bug fixes is very disappointing but the stuff added had no effect on what was fixed and what wasn’t.

Ugh I get that and frankly tired of hearing different people work on stuff as an excuse for the state of the game.
    The point is it is frustrating when you are waiting for things to get fixed and stuff like I mentioned are released. Different people may be working on stuff but I am sure there is an operations manager which everything is getting filtered through who makes the final release decisions. I am telling that person to make better decisions. If you know there are a bunch of bugs in the game why release something so benign.

Wow not using it as an excuse. Just being informative because I’m tired of people saying X didn’t get fixed because this new thing was added. They don’t correlate with each other at all and have different budgets. The new additions did not cause less to be fixed. I’m not saying the amount of bugs is okay because it isn’t and I’m very sad that so little was addressed. But the new items and the rebrand did not cause less to be addressed that’s what I am pointing out. Sometimes it’s as simple as the fix wasn’t ready. As upsetting as it is now I’d rather have good fixes than bandaids that may break the game further (I am aware fixes still can do this just saying the issues added would be worse if they didn’t take a little time).

Repeating....
    I am pretty sure there is a head person in charge that release are filtered through. I am telling that person to get it together. I doubt that random departments are just releasing without communicating.

I understand that thank you. Repeating again for me as well and trying to explain it better......
    Say you have three departments in charge for the latest patch. You have marketing for the rebrand, development of some sort for the in game changes and QA for the bug fixes. Those departments do probably work together to get patches like this out and different overall heads to make overall decisions of what’s being released when. With bug fixes though it is solely based on what they have fixed. It isn’t based on what other departments are doing. When you have a team in charge of fixes that is literally all they do. What the developers do does not effect what is fixed. We’ve had updates significantly bigger than this with a massive amount of fixes. This one just didn’t as I’m sure the fixes weren’t ready. That’s all I can say about it. I’m not defending anyone here just trying to be understanding.

I’m my experience working in QA, we had operation meetings where all department heads got together and explained what is on their plate and what needed to be handled. When hot button things came up, we dealt with the fire before moving on to something new. If I had a client or customer who paid for a service that was broken and then told said client our marketing department changed the background of the app. I know it is not working properly but hay we made it pretty. It would be safe to say, we would lose that business.

There is not a corporation in America that does not have a head of operations where this stuff is getting filtered. So it doesn’t matter if a different department is working on it. Someone green lit this patch to come out now and it shouldn’t have when there are five million bugs that need to be addressed first. At the very least a communication that we are working on it. Plain and simple this is not good business practices.

Nooo we don't want them overworking their poor little selves since they do so MUCH already..-eye slant.-

They released an expansion pack less than a month ago. They don't owe us free stuff.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Maybe I am dumb, but what do people mean some items are BG. What do you mean by BG, like you have to re buy the Expansions to get these items back? Or they're now DLC we have to pay to get them, because if that's so that's a lot of bull plum! If we bought the EPs and GPs and SPs we shouldn't have to pay for them again! plum move EA! You expect us to lie down and take it like that loot boxes are just 'surprise mechanics'. You can't serve people poop and say its pudding people won't fall for it!

Ok so one of items that’s now Base Game is a sweatshirt from the Fitness Pack. If you already bought this pack, you had the sweatshirt even yesterday.

Now let’s say today someone else who does not own the Fitness Pack patches their game and has the new update. This person will now have that same sweatshirt installed to their game because it’s now a Base Game asset and no longer associated with the Fitness Pack. So something you paid for in the Fitness Pack is now included in the game for free for someone else. That is the unfair part.

Why would that be unfair? It seems reasonable to give certain things that came in other back free to people who don’t have packs. Fitness Stuff was more the rock climbing wall anyways not any of the clothes in it.

Of course it’s unfair. Those of us who paid $9.99 for the pack have been cheated. If they want people who don’t have the packs to have new things, they can patch in totally NEW shirts and hairs. Why do they have to reuse something that already exists in another pack?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Oh well..... this world has lost all the sense of morality and philosophy.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

It means that originally you had to buy a DLC to get those items, but now they have been made available to anyone with the base game (BG) - so any player. Therefore even if you don't have City Living, you can now use a particular jacket that came with it, for example. They have made this change to a few clothing items from various packs.

That's just stupid what EA has done! I'm glad I waited til there were huge sales to buy most of this stuff! and here I thought banks were the only money grubbing leeches you have to deal with in life...!

Again...we are talking about a dozen or so clothing items and I think a hairstyle. Not game mechanics, not new worlds, not entire build/buy catalogs.

It's the principle of the thing.

I get that, but EA is not going to start releasing huge swaths of DLC content for free unless they are absolutely convinced they can't make another dime off selling the DLCs themselves. I find that highly unlikely.

At this point, they’re capable of anything.
    EA doesn't deserve any more of my money. Especially in the case of stuff packs, which are already largely devoid of content... I don't even own Fitness stuff but I feel for those who do. And they've got the nerve to advertise this as "new" content. Honestly, I'm trying my hardest to like this game but they really don't want me to.

I don’t think they ever said these particular items were new, just that they would be available with the patch (new hairstyle excluded).

From the patch notes:

"Our new cast of Sims has some fresh new clothing and accessories to wear, and you’ll find all of their new content within Create a Sim. Check out their group shot by clicking through the art on the main menu! The base game has received new tops, bottoms, accessories, hairstyles, and a hat."

It definitely makes it sound like new stuff.

Maybe "fresh" and "new" are just slang for something else nowadays. XD

Actually it discourages them from ever buying packs. They can just continue to hold out and do without waiting for them to add in more things from other paid packs for free.

They released an expansion pack less than a month ago. They don't owe us free stuff.

A very broken expansion pack. In my opinion, they owe us some free stuff as an apology.

From the patch notes:

"Our new cast of Sims has some fresh new clothing and accessories to wear, and you’ll find all of their new content within Create a Sim. Check out their group shot by clicking through the art on the main menu! The base game has received new tops, bottoms, accessories, hairstyles, and a hat."

It does, you're right.

A very broken expansion pack. In my opinion, they owe us some free stuff as an apology.

A pack that SHOULD have been a gamepack that is empty and half baked.

...in your opinion.

...in your opinion.

And in mine.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2019

From the patch notes:

I'm getting worried at this point, I joked in a previous post that this new redesign is like a poor attempt at making a five year old game feel like a new game, like they are repainting an old car, but it really is. They are using existing items, giving them some new paint and are calling them new items.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Doesn't give me my money back, though.

Mine either. But I still have the items too and got to have them for longer

...in your opinion.

And in mine.

And I disagree. *shrug*
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't really want to get caught up in this discussion, because there is no way to change anyone's mind who is upset right now, but they did add new swatches to the items before they added them to the Base Game. For free. And new swatches mean new outfit options. All of these packs have been out for years. And if the only thing that excited you about an EP like City Living were a couple of CAS assets than you probably felt ripped off long before today.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    edited July 2019

Doesn't give me my money back, though.

Mine either. But I still have the items too and got to have them for longer

Having a hair or a shirt for a year as opposed to a day doesn't make it any more valuable. It's the same hair/shirt. It's just one person paid for it and another person got it for free.