Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Social Media Followers

CloudAirWonderCloudAirWonder Posts: 23 Member
Recently got back into the game and I'm attempting to gain more followers on social media for my Sims. I've done some researching and it seems to be that gaining massive amounts of followers is no longer working like it once has (posting a viral video). I'm wondering if there is a current way to gain followers at a more moderate rate? Currently doing any action only nets my Sims between 20-150 followers. My Sims do have high skill stats, so I'm wondering if the only way to gain large amount of followers is through the social media career?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Get a drone or two and have your sim livestream 24/7.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My Style Influencer (Trend-Setter branch) Sim has accumulated rather a lot of Social Media followers just from Style Blogs, which he does autonomously.

One of my naughty Sims takes a selfie with his most recent conquest every time he Woohoos, and then posts to Simstagram. He has fewer followers than my Style Influencer, but more than he really should.

No one interaction has any huge benefit. What pays off is keeping with the interactions, every day, over time.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Livestream from the drones.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited July 2019
    Recently got back into the game and I'm attempting to gain more followers on social media for my Sims. I've done some researching and it seems to be that gaining massive amounts of followers is no longer working like it once has (posting a viral video). I'm wondering if there is a current way to gain followers at a more moderate rate? Currently doing any action only nets my Sims between 20-150 followers. My Sims do have high skill stats, so I'm wondering if the only way to gain large amount of followers is through the social media career?

Livestreaming with a drone or while playing games. Drones are better because you can livestream whatever you do.

Of course you can livestream yourself livestreaming playing games to really get followers quickly.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member

I learned if you take a nice photo from either your cellphone or camera, hang it on the wall in your sims home, you get the option to share it to your social media and you can get like 200-300 new followers in one go. I think it depends on the quality level of the photo!
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I remember once, a long time ago, a Sim got about a bajillion followers from a single action. I think she's up over four million at this point. I haven't had that happen again, so I figured it was a fluke. Has anything actually changed? My sims do tend to get about 25 followers for most things now.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    As I understand it, there was at one time a bug that was awarding far, far more followers than intended, which has since been patched.
  • Options
    aaronmylseaaronmylse Posts: 2 New Member
    > @CloudAirWonder said:
    > Recently got back into the game and I'm attempting to gain more followers on social media for my Sims. I've done some researching and it seems to be that gaining massive amounts of followers is no longer working like it once has (posting a viral video). I'm wondering if there is a current way to gain followers at a more moderate rate? Currently doing any action only nets my Sims between 20-150 followers. My Sims do have high skill stats, so I'm wondering if the only way to gain large amount of followers is through the social media career?

Maybe try to buy Instagram followers, the best way here - https://likigram.com/buy-instagram-likes/?) Kidding. I think it was a bag...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top