Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost 5 years, and still no transportation. ☹☹

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
I just watched a YouTuber, Arsen Girl Gaming. She said in this next update that we're getting cars for our sims. If this is true, OMG! I'm so freaking excited!
Post edited by meeoun on

Comments

• TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I think they meant the debug cars that's being unlocked with the next patch. They aren't usable but moreso for decoration.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I think they meant the debug cars that's being unlocked with the next patch. They aren't usable but moreso for decoration.

Exactly.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    We are getting BuyDebug cars in Build/Buy mode, which are simply the assets already in game, used by Maxis world-builders, but not previously available to Simmers. We can decorate with them, but they are not interactive.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »

......🤦🏻‍♀️
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    These cars are a giant step forward compared to the toy cars. I also hope for gas station deco from Strangerville.
    These cars are a giant step forward compared to the toy cars. I also hope for gas station deco from Strangerville.

wjan8p.jpg
    Thanks for clarifying everyone.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No

752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying everyone.

You're welcome. It's easy to get the wrong idea from a second-hand source. 1000+ new build decos is great, though!

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

wjan8p.jpg

Same.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm hoping to be able to find the train cars. I have a 40x30 restaurant lot, which features a (former) train station - refurbished as a bar and grill type of restaurant.

The boxcar and caboose are the only part of the train left at the platform (kinda like a tourist trap)!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    will wait and see if its true or not
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Yeah, she's just using that title "The Sims 4 gets CARS!!" as clickbait. A lot of youtubers seem to be going that direction now (shame, too).

Pixelade and Iron Seagull are some heavy offenders with clickbait titles. :*

Gotta get them views.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Lol, don't blame youtubers they also assumed cars becoming nothing official yet if got boats somewhere down the line cars could work. just because haven't said it yet we don't know as I said could happen.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Wait - so does this mean we’ll be able to place the cars that are parked all around Del Sol Valley? Sweet! I’ll take it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In TS2 the cars could be goten into, driven away (disappear at end of lot), and at some point return (reappear from othe side of lot and into driveway). Not exciting, but did give the feeling of mobility. If sim was driving to downtown, car would appear at the destination with a loading screen in between departure and arrival. Cars also served as woohoo locations. At least we hand them, they worked, and the CC folks gave us some interesting alternatiaves. Even Maxis partnered with Ford and we got real production cars (Fiesta, Focus, & I think one other) for our sims to use.

Decorative items are OK, but I'd much rather have ones that can be interacted with.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Decorative items are OK, but I'd much rather have ones that can be interacted with.

I agree, but being able to have one in the driveway is at least something.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Maybe now that’s it’s been cleared for you OP, update the title
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Yes, this would be appreciated.

Done.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Lol, don't blame youtubers they also assumed cars becoming nothing official yet if got boats somewhere down the line cars could work. just because haven't said it yet we don't know as I said could happen.

That youtuber definitely should be blamed as well as certain others I mentioned before. It is definitely CLICKBAIT.

They saw what they were we getting and for anyone that didn't catch the Maxis Monthly they can just make a title such as

"1000+ NEW ITEMS PLUS CARS AND MORE!"

Leave it vague and hype it up when it's in fact far less. :# Just a sleazy way to get views while getting people excited for no reason.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Yeah no, in this case I'm going to blame this particular YouTuber. Every other vid I've watched about the new patch is explicit in the cars being decorative only.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

I agree, but being able to have one in the driveway is at least something.

If functioning cars come into the game, where are our Sims going to go? In TS4, Sims can't go anywhere without a loading screen so how would they interact with the cars?