March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Eyeball Ring Challenge

phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
odGpdiy.png

Help me build a challenge! I've got a basic idea, but would love help making a good challenge out of it.

The story:

Most of us see the eyeball ring as a quirky (or downright annoying) fashion statement, but in reality, it's a signifier of membership in a Secret Society. Obviously it's a huge Society, since the ring is everywhere, and most of its members are unplayed Sims who don't live in any of the worlds, but it's a Secret nonetheless.

The Challenge: (so far!)

Your Sim wants to become the leader of the Illuminateye! Create your future leader and set their aspiration to Leader of the Pack. Now for the hard part: finding members.

Your Sim can't invite people to join through the club panel. Only Sims who are already wearing the ring are part of the Illuminateye, so you'll need to enter the world and find them!

Don't have Get Together? No problem. Your Sim can choose other aspirations, but goals can only be completed with other members of the Illuminateye who you find in the world. Your friends must wear the ring. Your soulmate must wear the ring.

Those who do not wear the ring are unworthy! You may be tempted to give Sims the ring, but this is not allowed. You may only give the ring to children born into your household by two Illuminateye parents. All others must be found.

When you receive an invitation to go somewhere, you must accept! The person inviting you could know about the Illuminateye, so you must check whether they are wearing the ring, and keep an eye on any other Sims in the area as well! If your Sim is sleepy or about to go to work, they must remember that the Illuminateye comes first.

I'll update this post as we come up with ideas. In the meantime, share pictures of Sims in your game who you've caught wearing the ring, especially if they're obviously up to something!

Special Thanks: @citysimmer @Bloosmoo @Gannet The Seabird
4TJdLHA.png
Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
Post edited by phantasmkiss on

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2019
    I spotted Catarina Lynx wearing it. She may be in the society. She's also stylishly dressed. :D

CDccdJx.png

Then again she lives alone with 7 cats so, I'm not sure it means anything.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    She's probably heading up the Brindleton Bay chapter. She's perfect because no one would suspect her!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Maybe you would have to create a club and complete the Leader of the Pack aspiration to create your society?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Good idea, @citysimmer ! It looks like our challenge has its first goal! It seems like there's always someone wearing that ring, but I wonder how long it'll take to find enough Sims to fill a club. And I wonder what activities the club should have. Are there any fashion-related hobbies?
    4TJdLHA.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @phantasmkiss, This is great!
    There are fashion related club goals, check out the Paragons, they try on new outfits out of a fashionista closet located in one of the pools.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    You can only complete your aspiration with fellow wearers of the eyeball ring. So the player trait for instance you could only do while wearing the eyeball ring. The soul mate one, only if they wear an eyeball ring, the popularity ones, only if they wear an eyeball ring can you be friends. Big happy families, kids are indoctrinated in the way of the eyeball ring. Master Vampire, all who do not wear the ring are unworthy and slowly populate the world with eyeball ring wearing sims. Or maybe start out with one ring bearer and as you seek out others, slowly move them into the lots so it's the world of the iluminateye...and to get a house you either murder the residents or convert them somehow. Or like the hundred baby challenge recruit a hundred eyeball wearers. You could have real fun with this idea it has so much potential...what a fun idea you've had :)
    edited July 2019
    @Bloosmoo Illuminateye is the Secret Society's new official name. I'm updating to include your ideas!
    4TJdLHA.png
  • After you get a full club, you could go to a public lot with a closet and give makeovers to sims to give them the eyeball ring. Maybe you would have to have a super good friendship, like to the point where you can ask them to be your best friend?
  • KimicryoKimicryo Posts: 10 New Member
    > @"Gannet The Seabird" said:
    > After you get a full club, you could go to a public lot with a closet and give makeovers to sims to give them the eyeball ring. Maybe you would have to have a super good friendship, like to the point where you can ask them to be your best friend?

I believe you'd have to call that "easy mode". lol

The challenging part of the challenge is the exclusivity of it, but if you want to play the scenario a more casual way, do it. That's what this game is for. :)

Although, maybe a best friend clause is acceptable, since it's such a pain in the butt and half of the time it's glitched not to show up anyway...
    edited November 2020
    To anyone interested in this challenge:

I love @Gannet The Seabird 's idea of having a club hangout, and am trying to decide what to put in one. Definitely closets and a maybe runway? It should have a nice ancient front to the building, though.

But also, I have a question:

How can we identify people wearing the ring easier? Should we go clubbing and keep an eye out for the ring? The ring is more likely to show up on Sims who are random townies, or during Seasons, when Sims who were never assigned seasonal wear show up places wearing random clothes. I've added a requirement to go out on the town every so often, looking for fellow Illuminateye members.
    4TJdLHA.png
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited November 2020
    Challenge accepted!

Meet Caleb Throggs

3L2pj4h.png

He even has his own theme tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVkYEBjVUx4

He's the Leader of the Pack, an Insider, Self-Assured and a Perfectionist. Another normal, everyday citizen of Sim City...he couldn't possibly have a secret, mysterious agenda could he? COULD HE? Or could he? If he can just survive that accursed Welcome Wagon with the insufferable Summer, the tedious Travis and the loquacious Liberty he can meet TRUE people of KNOWLEDGE and DESTINY!

Have there been any eyeball ring sightings since the update? This challenge may be impossible now!
    4TJdLHA.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This is the best challenge I’ve ever seen!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: