Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery: Being able to add more than one hashtag on your search.

It frustrates me that I can't search the gallery with more than one hashtag at a time. I want to find content tagged with noCC and noMOO both and I cannot understand why this is not possible to do.
origin ID: adduapina

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yeah, that would be really useful. I've wanted to search for things like 'Oasis Springs' and 'Mid-Century' at the same time to narrow down my search and find what I'm looking for more easily.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @Cinderellimouse Exactly what I have been trying also: San Myshuno, modern restaurant with no CC or MOO. Impossible with only one hashtag.

It's nice that we can find lots with certain size/price/type but it still leaves too much options (because the gallery is full of amazing stuff!). And because the name of the lot/household is restricted to certain amount of letters, it's impossible to include eg. the orginal name of the lot in the title and what the builder has made it to be.

At times I find it really hard to search what I'm looking for in the gallery and that's sad because now I usually just have to build what I need and want myself, even though I know somewhere there is something I really would like to play with. I just can't find it.

There's a lot of discussion on how to improve gallery pictures, which is also really important, but it doesn't help if the pictures are pretty as plum if I can't find them in the first place.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, any ability to cross-search better would be much appreciated.

I'd also love it if we could select multiple categories, like being able to look for lounges AND bars AND nightclubs all at once for instance, and maybe have a sliding scale for prices so we can be more specific (like, if I have 65,000 to spend, and I want the nicest house possible, searching through 40-80K can be...frustrating.) Also, in terms of sims/households being uploaded, it'd be nice if there was a box to check indicating whether the sims had been played with at all and therefor have some skills already build up, cause sometimes you want that and sometimes you don't and it'd be nice to be able to just know that ahead of time.

Basically, I love the gallery, but the search functions could definitely use improvement.
    @FanPhoria Very good suggestions!
    I'd love the option to pick multiple categories also. And especially the skilled sims! They need their own category or something. If I want to start from zero, I have CAS. But now if I search #skill or #skilled I usually get YA's with all skills maxed which isn't very realistic and that's why I don't want them. I love played sims, with skills that add to their story/personality.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Can’t you just make sure the “Custom Content” filter on the left side is left unchecked and then type in the #NoMoo into the search bar?
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Isn't everything in the gallery noCC by default unless you tick the box ?
    @Chazzzy @happyopi

Why then is there announcement that you should use #noCC on your builds with no custom content? :confused:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    @Chazzzy @happyopi

Why then is there announcement that you should use #noCC on your builds with no custom content? :confused:

So are you saying that the "Custom Content" filter on the left is left unchecked when you've done a search and yet you've downloaded a home from the lot that HAS custom content in it?
  • RockyRomRompantRockyRomRompant Posts: 4 New Member
    Id like this too, ive been frustrated trying to find exactly what im after on multiple occasions
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Oh, I'd also like to be able to search more easily by:

number of rooms in a residence
    "theme world," so I could just easily look at builds designed to fit in to Oasis Springs or Windenberg or what have you.
    lifestage of sims
    type of sim (vampire, alien, pet)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    Chazzzy, this would be useful for a number of different searches, not just the two named. #playertested#noMoo for example, or #modern#basegameonly. Could be any two, or three, or ideally as many as fit in the search field.

'Course, I've noticed that some people use every 'trending' hashtag out there, even if the content they're offering has absolutely nothing to do with some of the hashtags they're using. You'd still get builds/rooms/sims that don't fit your search criteria, but it'd be more manageable. (edit: run-on sentence! :flushed::lol: )

It's a great idea, and I wish it could be implemented. My understanding, from what I've heard people-in-tech say, is that search programs are...how to put it...frequently sub-optimal, but whether that's because they're difficult to get right or costly to develop & maintain properly, I don't know. Anybody else know? At any rate, I'm not expecting EA to improve the Gallery search options, although your idea is top-notch!