Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the option to rename each world?

In Sims 2, we could rename each game world, plus any shopping districts, university towns and downtown areas we added to the game. I would very much like the option to do this in Sims 4, as it would help a lot when playing themed games in particular, and when changing up the default look of a town.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Would you like the option to rename each world? 75 votes

Yes, please.
54%
LaBlue0314aprilrosePlayerSinger2010CorkysPetalsMariefoxprice83simgirl1010KalaniCoolJoAnne65taydevMaggieMarleytadeoalonso2adele_katChadSims2Internal_ChaosMasonGamerEnkiSchmidtLSM36shnailehSubmarineStrawberryYogurt 41 votes
I wouldn't use this function/
45%
Isb917CynnaAnmirlaBagoas77luthienrisingmarcel21Sakuske1Jultan3Sindocatannaliese39mariajane216Sigzy05adduapinaSheriSim57FreezerBunnyCowplantDyingLightmikaJediMuppethappyopiEmeraldDS 34 votes

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes, please.
    Sure why not
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Yes, please.
    I actually already have a mod that allows me to do that but it would be nice if it was a feature in the game :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think that would take away the uniqueness of the worlds.

Plus, why not just give us the ability to make our own worlds? That way we can name them whatever we want.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yes, please.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think that would take away the uniqueness of the worlds.

Plus, why not just give us the ability to make our own worlds? That way we can name them whatever we want.

Making our own worlds would be brilliant too.

A while back I was playing a game based on characters from the Song of Ice and Fire novels. I really wanted to be able to rename Oasis Springs Dorne, for example.
    Yes, please.
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I actually already have a mod that allows me to do that but it would be nice if it was a feature in the game :)

Hi, do you care to share the link to the mod? :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes, please.
    I already never call things by their actual name in the game,I call everything by it's real name.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, please.
    Yes! In one of my saves, I'm slowly building up (lots and inhabitants) a "recreation" of Sunnydale from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I set it mostly in Oasis Springs, since that seemed like the place most like it, climate and aesthetic wise. But of course it's still called Oasis Springs, no matter what else I do. I'd love to be able to rename it Sunnydale!

Like, I likely wouldn't do that for every save, but for some--particularly ones based on TV shows and other media, which is often a thing I do--it'd be really great to be able to create a cohesive theme.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I probably wouldn't use it myself, but sure why not for those who want it.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Nah, what difference does it make? Just leave it alone.
    edited July 2019
    Yes, please.
    DyingLight wrote: »
    Nah, what difference does it make? Just leave it alone.

It would help me if I'm playing a theme and can choose a name for a world that matches the theme.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, please.
    Maybe. I think I'd rather the opportunity to build my own worlds and name them. And then this would come in handy, if you used one save as it's own Universe. (Which it pretty much is.)

You could rename worlds and make them match shows, movies, or your own thing.

You could do the Marvel or DC Multiverses. Or make the area around Hogwarts. Or just the entire HP world. Using individual words that are school worlds. Others that are Muggle worlds.

You could choose the level of technology and magical advancement per world. And anyone visiting them could be bound to the nature of that world. Or you could have sims that are above that control, or immune to it. That have their own powers and strengths; that are unaffected by worldly constraints.

😯
    I got carried away, Again.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes, please.
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Yes! In one of my saves, I'm slowly building up (lots and inhabitants) a "recreation" of Sunnydale from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I set it mostly in Oasis Springs, since that seemed like the place most like it, climate and aesthetic wise. But of course it's still called Oasis Springs, no matter what else I do. I'd love to be able to rename it Sunnydale!

Like, I likely wouldn't do that for every save, but for some--particularly ones based on TV shows and other media, which is often a thing I do--it'd be really great to be able to create a cohesive theme.

That's so awesome. I had a similar thought too. What would you think if you could actually Make a Sunnydale? Including UC Sunnydale and everything? I ended up making a thread like that today. It feels like there's soo many threads making creative thoughts bloom today.

(This is mine if you wanna check it out. 😊https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962815/i-dream-of-worlds-2019-goals#latest)
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited July 2019
    idk I don't like naming things in general i just named my sims kid Sulani because she was born in sulani and that is about as deep as me naming anything in this game gets so I have feeling I would not have much use for it

it'd only make sense to me if we could also edit the worlds or create new ones
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes, please.
    I wanna call Newcrest "The Totally Not Deserted Outer Provinces", call San Myshuno "Central", Sulani "The Rising", Oasis Springs "The Border Provinces", Willow Creek "Oria", and so on. If anybody at all gets this reference leave an awesome, I want to know how many people like the books.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am not opposed to the option, but I don't think I'd use it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Yes, please.
    Why not? Options are good.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Yes, please.
    Yes-I would definatley use that! The EA names for each world just sound so boring and unispired.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    would love an options to create new neighborhoods. renaming the ones we have isn't at the top of my list
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes-I would definatley use that! The EA names for each world just sound so boring and unispired.

much like most of them. boring and uninspired.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Yes, please.
    there are some worlds that I would change the name to something different just for my own gameplay. good suggestion
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    I wouldn’t use this feature, unless they let us have multiples of each world ( that I would like). I would rather see them working on real babies, cars, romance actions ( like slow dancing or at least facing each other when they dance ) and likes and dislikes.or giving us new swatches for beds, sofa’s etc.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes, please.

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes, please.
    I've said Yes, but saying that I've used it to create specific scenarios from time to time, so it's not something I'd be using permanently.

To answer previous about a mod that does this, the only one I know of is the one my ohmysims (link) which means you need to have Sims 4 Studio and make the edits in there. I use S4S anyway for my own little tweaks and bits, and I use the same tuning XML file, inserting into my Mods folder as and when I need to.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yes, please.
    I wanted to choose both poll answers :D I don’t think I’d use the option (99% of the time or maybe ever) but I’d still like the choice.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, please.
    I first wished for this feature back when Seasons was announced because I was planning to turn Magnolia Promenade into an eternal winter world using the weather machine, and fittingly rename it to Arctic Promenade. Then I found out the weather machine doesn't work that way anymore and scrapped my plans.

I think the default names of the worlds are already quite stylish and easy on the ears as they are (with the exception of Del Sol Valley, which still rubs me the wrong way no matter how many times I hear it), and I don't think I would change any of them now. But then again, I've only been playing one save so far. If I ever start another one to focus more on occults, I might want to give every type of occult their own world with a fitting name. It's not that high on my list of priorities, though, because at least we can still edit the descriptions of the worlds. (Something I've done to declare Oasis Springs the first world to make alien contact, for example, and state that the mayor of Brindleton Bay is a cat elemental named Thor, explaining the heavy rains and thunderstorms.)