Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Stories!

So stories are going to be added to the game, as showcased by Maxis Monthly earlier today. I for one and very excited about this! When I am stuck on what I should do next in my game, I like to create randomized sims and live out their lives based on their aspirations and whims. I think this addition of stories will help create greater depth to random sims and also help those who have an idea of the character they want to make (whether that be a real life person or a fictional one) but do not necessarily know the sim traits that best suits the character.

I've been seeing a lot of negativity about today's announcement in the forums and I wanted to bring something uplifting to the table and provide a place where other excited simmers can share their excitement about today's announcement!

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    This will be a great choice for people who feel insecure in CAS.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019

Idk why but this really tickled me lol
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't mind this but I am NOT a fan of the quiz though
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    That's neat but I would prefer to have a complete personalities overhaul... I won't be happy with TS4 until we get this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would have chosen body hair instead of the stories.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I don't think I will use this feature but it's really cool and it's a step in the right direction.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I haven't watched the video yet. How are the stories going to work?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

You have the option to answer a few questions when creating a sim in CAS, and it gives the sim traits, an aspiration, and a skill based on how you answered.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It looks interesting for sure. I didn't really get to watch much of the live stream but I caught a couple of minutes of this. I'll check it out but I'll probably only use it a couple of times because I make a lot of Sims and it will just end up slowing me down.

Not gonna lie though, when they started showing it, I had hopes that it was a new Preferences system and I find it a little bit misleading.
    #Team Occult
    citysimmer wrote: »

You have the option to answer a few questions when creating a sim in CAS, and it gives the sim traits, an aspiration, and a skill based on how you answered.

Oh that's really handy for creating sims quickly :)
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    It sounds good & I'll probably try it out. My only concern might be that the aspiration and traits assigned based on the questions are "locked in" so to speak, you can't change them. You'll likely be able to change the aspiration once it's complete but I'm not sure about traits. Guess we'll have to wait & see how it actually works...
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Very cool!
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    This will be fine the first few time but after that not so much. I tend to make my sims and then play generations and tell my own stories depending on the actions of my sims. I honestly think this is dumbing the sims down. Then again I have been playing since the first of the games. I could be jaded
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Sounds pretty cool, but I normally know what sim character I want, and will probably not use this often. Besides, most of my new sims are born in game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I would have chosen body hair instead of the stories.

my guess is that body hair will probably come with a werewolf pack (if we ever get one)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    It sounds good & I'll probably try it out. My only concern might be that the aspiration and traits assigned based on the questions are "locked in" so to speak, you can't change them. You'll likely be able to change the aspiration once it's complete but I'm not sure about traits. Guess we'll have to wait & see how it actually works...

wouldn't you just be able to go back into cas with cas.fulleditmode and change those traits, even if you did make the sim with storymode?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

You can’t change either once they are locked in. Just the sim itself.
    Is it going to be mandatory to create a character with questions or is it something we choose to do, the same way we can use the styled looks or not?
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2019
    Is it going to be mandatory to create a character with questions or is it something we choose to do, the same way we can use the styled looks or not?

No, not mandatory. It's just an alternative to creating characters.
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I think it sounds interesting. Especially if I want to try something new
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I like it! I just hope the questions don't start to repeat a lot. I always make random sims for my heirs/heiress' in CAS so this feature helps out a lot
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It looks interesting, but ultimately falls flat imo. Overhauling the traits and adding things such as likes/dislikes would have been a better CAS update imo. I do like how it chooses a career and allows for an early boost in skills tho.

Also, I really don't like how this stories thing is only for the 3 adult life stages. As usual the younger ones are left out of anything new...
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    It sounds fun, I like how sims can start with skills and different funds now.

I'm never gonna use it, but I like it.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am interested in how it plays out when one comes to it with a fairly cohesive notion of the Sim, rather than the round-robin, pick-an-answer approach we saw in the live stream. That resulted in a real grab-bag of Traits and a somewhat random Aspiration, understandably.

I am all for more options, and I think it's a neat idea, but I'll want to see how it works out if one has a persona in mind to begin with.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Idk why but this really tickled me lol

Me too, I know it has an underlying meaning that is too harsh to express in here :D

I do like that sims can start of with a little experience and not as if they were born yesterday. But I wish there was something else than a quiz with quirky questions. New traits and life goals would go very well with this. We need a giant update with basic traits and goals at first for this to be at least a bit more fun for those who do not need the game to decide stuff for them.