Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Sims 4 rebrand: my thoughts

12346...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    If they're only targeting kids and young women for TS4 now, are they going to release TS5 in one or two years for the rest of us and have them run concurrently? Because EA is rich enough to be able to run both of them at the same time. If they won't, I don't think anyone who hates TS4 or has given up on it is going to stick around for indefinite years waiting for TS5.

The competition sees this void and have already been emboldened to work and create their own versions of a life sim game. Is EA going to make another mistake like they did dropping SimCity and lost millions of dollars to Paradox with Cities: Skylines?

Maybe it's just as well. I hate the way EAxis treats us with their poorly made packs and deceptive marketing tactics (pricing GPs as EPs for example - that's just greedy and sleazy).

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

So the new one has more diversity in race and lifestyles....but eliminated age diversity. That's... Yeah. :(

Go marketing team. :|

Clearly the old lady died. >:)

RIP Gladys.

After see than Sims2019 and Sims2014 was uploaded at gallery.... we can confirm than Gladys died
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    I for one, am not the least bit surprised. I think all your expectations are way to high. Sims 4 has been a debacle from the start. Following that, every single update "fixes" a few bugs and breaks about 5 or 6 other things in the game. What does that tell you? What makes you think that suddenly EA is going to turn into Sweet Polly Purebread and listen to you the customer and fix things you want?

This is America and EA is an American Corporation. Do you know how that works? This is how it works: You (EA) ignore your customers and their complaints. You (EA) never really fix anything that is wrong with your product. Then, you (EA) redesign the packaging without really changing or "fixing" anything. Then you (EA) say "Look what we did!"
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    You know what this design choice remind me of? It popped into my head this morning.
    Not talking about the "Front page", but the color choices and redesigns for the covers for the actual packs?

1990's budget releases.

Nowadays that is no longer a thing, but back when I was young and before digital releases even existed (heck before the Internet, even), if a publisher thought an old game had a few more bucks to squeeze out after a few years they released "variant covers" on the boxes very much like this: Simplier, uniform colors... Often 3-4 different games at once in an old series all with new color matching covers all looking the same.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    How come there's no Black/Latin guy in this "rebrand" and "redesign"?

I don't feel represented anymore.

More importantly how are there only 3 guys out of 9 sims in the render? Feminism much? It should be 50/50

The world isn't 50% White, 50% Non-White, either, but that's what we see in the picture - and that is assuming the gal in green is Asian. ;)

I am told that The Sims is a "girls' game". I don't buy that rationale, but it may be what is at play here.

So what? You want to put the most representation possible on your cover. That’s what the previous cover offered. In terms of personality as well. All of the new sims in the cover look like they all have the same personality ehich is actually fitting for TS4.

yeah cause people who look alike ARE alike, absolutely! All white people are the same, all men are the same.

Not all white people are the same. I'm the black sheep of my entire school and I'm most definitely white. That's racist.

Edit: Sorry for double posting.

@nerdfashion - I think you missed the sarcasm of Simpkin's post... :sweat_smile: They actually agree with you.

Still, would have been good to have a more diverse array of people. Of course nobody thinks all white people are the same, but the Sims is about representing yourself so the more, the merrier.

Oh, I guess I did miss the sarcasm :D I'm kinda bad at detecting these kinds of things over the internet.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2019
    You may all feel you are unrepresented but my case is greater than all of you in that the only box art character that tries to represent me is Mrs Crumplebottom! ;)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    leo3487 wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

So the new one has more diversity in race and lifestyles....but eliminated age diversity. That's... Yeah. :(

Go marketing team. :|

Clearly the old lady died. >:)

RIP Gladys.

After see than Sims2019 and Sims2014 was uploaded at gallery.... we can confirm than Gladys died

She's on SimGuruZephyr's Gallery along with Vernon.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8A520B8A349B11E48E8B8FF12688DE2F?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=gladys&max=50&maxis=true
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Vernon and Gladys were fun to play before their unfortunate deaths... >:)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Little gutted they remove the older sims as it is just all Young Adult sims... like we need different age groups on the front cover
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Im not really upset about the rebanding, but I'm not excited about it either. I'm just like okay...what's the reason? I just think it's was an unnecessary update, there's a lot things that could of been updated in the game but they chose the loading screen, plumbob, and cover of packs for some random reason. That's why simmers are upset cause things that don't improve the game in anyway gets more attention than things that do need attention.
    giphy.gif

• Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    They have already uploaded the new Sims in the gallery.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    The new design can already be seen in German stores. Today at my local retailer:

KglQ88F.jpg
    Wow, that was fast!

I don't mind the display art.
    The colors aren't so eye burning saturated.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm pretty indifferent towards it but I do like that they gave us something new. I was indifferent towards the old one too but I am surprised to see so many people dislike it. I'm much more concerned with the content rather than the "look" exactly.

And if I'm going to be brutally honest, I don't expect much in terms of inclusivity for The Sims. It's nice when they have it but the game (along with the community) have never really seemed to care that much about it anyway. I mean, cheers to the game for adding more different hair textures lately, but eh. My expectations in regards to that were never high.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    How come there's no Black/Latin guy in this "rebrand" and "redesign"?

I don't feel represented anymore.

More importantly how are there only 3 guys out of 9 sims in the render? Feminism much? It should be 50/50

Lmao. What does that have to do with feminism? That's really ... random.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    wow I hadn't updated my game for a while there and now I saw the new loading screen. So is it really true it's taken away? Cause it's really pretty. Are they gonna have options or can you skip the new change of the new screens/menus? I'd like to keep the new original design cause I have nothing to do with any migranes or other things like the majority.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)