Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Sims 4 rebrand: my thoughts

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It's a jpeg and a loading screen. We might be making this a bigger deal than it is.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I absolutely love it. It just seems more vibrant and lively and representative of the game. I don't have any of those old sims in my game. Never was the least bit interested in them or their stories but these new sims make me want to discover their stories.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2019
    Where did you guys see the new loading screen? So, no more blinding white background with a green diamond?

Never mind. Not sure how I missed that. That will be easier on the eyes.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly....

HAhJnlB.png

(excuse my poor paint ms skills and my lazyness)

ok but sims 4 era 2 looked dusty they needed to polish it now its all blingbling
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Where did you guys see the new loading screen? So, no more blinding white background with a green diamond?

Today's livestream. It's archived here, if you missed it.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2019

Sindocat wrote: »
    Arzekial wrote: »

Today's livestream. It's archived here, if you missed it.

Yeah, not sure how I missed it. I did watch it earlier and just watched it again. I do like the blue loading screen better. The white background is blinding at 1 AM haha
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    exactly my thoughts:

21077602_115795015752359_715728397840983600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQnNz6z4LaDTmgSyXx8WcXdmpArRr2z7AaBeyUxAV0Hhbt_aOVxMk0urzwVg0wzpUy8&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl13-1.fna&oh=e4d6d1de3f4d851c92156b70b04bd049&oe=5DBEFEC3

I wish we still had the lol button :D
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I'm really excited for the new look! It's time to update the covers, the sims, and everything else! I'm really excited for create-a-Sim and how you will be able to create new sims! It all looks great and will add to an already great game!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    How come there's no Black/Latin guy in this "rebrand" and "redesign"?

I don't feel represented anymore.

Because now Latina's are being represented by that gorgeous sim girl on the top left.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I like all of the changes.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The new design can already be seen in German stores. Today at my local retailer:

KglQ88F.jpg

Ahh. That German name of The Sims 4 always makes me laugh.

it say its for six year olds are they going to change the rating

In Germany all iterations have the 6 years rating and that will never change because this game is as harmless as Sesame Street.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It was fine as it was. I liked it.
    I don't like it now.

They obviously want younger simmers.
    No older sims in that crowd. The only one that seems to have some character is the one with the pink hair.
    The other sims just seem... blah.

The new box art is making me glad I pay for digital now.
    It's horrific looking, like something a freshman graphic art student would come up with midterm.
    The colors make me nauseous and the new plumbob looks silly. Facets don't work like that.
    My confidence in The Sims Studio's choices has fallen lower again.
    whattheplum.jpg

It look so generic and like place-holder art.
    The renders look like they have nothing to do with the backgrounds at all.

Please don't wreck University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm going to be honest... it's horrid (And I came back here after all this time to say that).

While I dont mind the box art, I don't like the sims in it. I feel there could have definitely could have been a lot more thought put into them as they look more like randomly generated townies at this point.

The plumbob I simply just dont like at all, it feels like a step back in design. If they were to change it, I would have much preferred the original, more realistic plumbob that they originally used for TS4 (even desaturating the new one would improve it so much more).

As someone who has been practicing graphic design before he was even 10 (it's been over a decade now), and is actually taking classes in graphic design. The worst part of it all by FAR, is the main menu and pack box art. The colors on the main menu are waaaay oversaturated and the different shades of blue really just do not fit together here. The fact that the packs section takes up literally half the screen, leaving massive amounts of of empty space is just a massive design flaw. I just dont know how it was possible for them to just take away all the improvement they've made to the main menu over the past 5 years and make it 20x worse.
    The new box-art for the packs is absolutely horrid, there is absolutely no reason why this should have been able to go through concept, design, testing and reveal. It's honestly just embarrassing that this is happening. The colors, again, are way oversaturated and the design itself is just... *sigh* looking at it honestly just stresses me out, I'm just going to leave it at that.

It's completely mind boggling to me that they thought this was a good idea. It would have been so much more efficient if they spent the time of these graphic artists and UI designers to overhauling the live mode UI.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm curious how many of this new covers we will actually see in stores. Do you think they produce new physical boxes for old EPs? Or is the time of the boxes over and we will only get this design on gift cards?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I think this was revamped because the legacy edition isn’t out yet and this will probably be the last update for it. It gets a revamped look and the story thing in CAS. It’s soo plain, if the EP,GP, and SPs badges are just going to no the colors! God that menu is worse than the first menu the game launched with. Why that blue, of all the blues they used in the main menu they used that blue for the loading screen, giving me a headache just looking it at already
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

What does the new home screen look like?

jFhaWVf.png
    Finally my photosensitive eyes will get relief with the new home screen. It looks much more modern and sleek. I like it a lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Why blue? It had to be one of the colors I hate...especially if its a background color, ew... First the headache white and now an eyesore blue? Again, ew.
    Blue, green, and white are Sims 4 brand colors. Blue has actually been a brand color since the original Sims days. You can even tell with the base game Sims worlds, they have a green and blue hue to them. Then again as a daughter of a former TV repairman, I have odd skills of noticing hues and hearing electricity in the air.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest... it's horrid (And I came back here after all this time to say that).

While I dont mind the box art, I don't like the sims in it. I feel there could have definitely could have been a lot more thought put into them as they look more like randomly generated townies at this point.

The plumbob I simply just dont like at all, it feels like a step back in design. If they were to change it, I would have much preferred the original, more realistic plumbob that they originally used for TS4 (even desaturating the new one would improve it so much more).

As someone who has been practicing graphic design before he was even 10 (it's been over a decade now), and is actually taking classes in graphic design. The worst part of it all by FAR, is the main menu and pack box art. The colors on the main menu are waaaay oversaturated and the different shades of blue really just do not fit together here. The fact that the packs section takes up literally half the screen, leaving massive amounts of of empty space is just a massive design flaw. I just dont know how it was possible for them to just take away all the improvement they've made to the main menu over the past 5 years and make it 20x worse.
    The new box-art for the packs is absolutely horrid, there is absolutely no reason why this should have been able to go through concept, design, testing and reveal. It's honestly just embarrassing that this is happening. The colors, again, are way oversaturated and the design itself is just... *sigh* looking at it honestly just stresses me out, I'm just going to leave it at that.

It's completely mind boggling to me that they thought this was a good idea. It would have been so much more efficient if they spent the time of these graphic artists and UI designers to overhauling the live mode UI.

I think they are already predicting the amount of icons they'll have to put there in the next few years lmao!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    From this:

MTS_Shimrod101-1488856-PoisonIvy.jpg

To this (my favourite version, super clean and the play button is more centered):

MTS_TwistedMexi-1675098-MTSPromo1.jpg

To this:

TS4_x64-2017-02-02-19-28-10-27.png

To....this?

main-menu.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm curious how many of this new covers we will actually see in stores. Do you think they produce new physical boxes for old EPs? Or is the time of the boxes over and we will only get this design on gift cards?

actually I have been thinking this for a long
    why do we have a box when there is no disc?
    can't they sell it as sort of card envelope thingies?
    and also I don't understand why its impossible to only buy game packs irl?
    like its bundle or nothing?
    I'm sure gps would sell loads more in stores
    if they were available to buy separately :confused:
    or at least I'd buy much more game packs in general
    since I really can't with origins payment options and I am stuck waiting those bundles to roll out
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    From this:

MTS_Shimrod101-1488856-PoisonIvy.jpg

To this (my favourite version, super clean and the play button is more centered):

MTS_TwistedMexi-1675098-MTSPromo1.jpg

To this:

TS4_x64-2017-02-02-19-28-10-27.png

To....this?

main-menu.png

yeah I do think they should have kept that screen the first or second version though
    there is no reason to see that ''you don't have these packs'' reminder and its ugly in general even with white

they also should have used the original blue like in cas etc instead of that electric blue it would fit in better
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I really liked the clean white look that we had. Looking forward though what gets added in though, it looks like they made a new free stuff icon for it.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I really liked the clean white look that we had. Looking forward though what gets added in though, it looks like they made a new free stuff icon for it.

No new free stuff icons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1