Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Sims 4 rebrand: my thoughts

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don't actually mind the re-brand, and it is still fairly diverse. I think it's silly to get too picky over details, though it might have been nice to see age / body diversity, too. Just not the narrow-shoulder pears that the randomizer loves to generate as new townies. ;)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The new design can already be seen in German stores. Today at my local retailer:

KglQ88F.jpg

Ahh. That German name of The Sims 4 always makes me laugh.

Yes, it's almost as funny as the Norwegian stuff pack title "TS3 Full Fart" :D .

-spits out drink- WHAT? lmao

:Dhttps://sims.fandom.com/no/wiki/The_Sims_3:Full_Fart_St%C3%A6sj
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited July 2019
    I love the new look, it gives me old school sims vibes, like Sims 2. 😍
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Kind of weird that it looks like all of the sims in the new render are young adults.

Yea, another thing I don't like. I don't see how this new design appeals to anyone who is not a teen/young adult.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Why blue? It had to be one of the colors I hate...especially if its a background color, ew... First the headache white and now an eyesore blue? Again, ew.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Im just upset that they basically confirmed that sims 4 is going to be going on for years to come. I just cant find this game fun, ive really tried

They already confirmed that awhile ago....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    How come there's no Black/Latin guy in this "rebrand" and "redesign"?

I don't feel represented anymore.

More importantly how are there only 3 guys out of 9 sims in the render? Feminism much? It should be 50/50

I wondered over that aswell. What was wrong with the original group? They were a nice varied group. Had young and old sims in it aswell.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    @KaeChan2089

In Swedish and Norwegian one of the words for speed is fart. It makes some things (like signs) very interesting for English speakers. ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the new cover?

From this
    Les-Sims-4-Cover-art.jpg

To this
    Screenshot-37.jpg

So the new one has more diversity in race and lifestyles....but eliminated age diversity. That's... Yeah. :(

Go marketing team. :|
    #Team Occult
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member

One is for holidays, one is for that ghastly guitar, idk what the third one is.

@Chazzzy, the third "free" icon is the family portrait.

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Screenshot-39-1320x743.jpg

I like this, I hope these sims get uploaded to the Gallery the way the originals were. Where is the hair that the pink haired woman at the bottom left is wearing from? Never seen it before.
    I'm not really a fan of how the home screen layout is changing, though.

What does the new home screen look like?

jFhaWVf.png

I just noticed that there is a new icon under the free stuff section.

Nope. Those are all in the game right now.

The 3rd icon is a promo for an interactive family portrait that was offered with the Sims mobile DL, I believe.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I quite like the new cover to be honest, and this makes me wonder if this is their way of telling us that wave 2 of The Sims 4 has begun? 🤔
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

So the new one has more diversity in race and lifestyles....but eliminated age diversity. That's... Yeah. :(

Clearly the old lady died. >:)

Omg! Lol! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

Omg! Lol! >:)

:D

...Sorry, it was right there...
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2019
    It made sense to feature Andre, Babs, Ollie, June and the others on the cover, since they were there from the beginning in the marketing trailers. I suppose they wanted some sims to show of all the content that they have added over the years, and they will probably feature them in future trailers as well.

But I also think literally no one really looked and the cover and thought "oh, who are those basegame sims? gosh they look so...basegame, eugh." Well, except their PR team, I really can't imagine anyone else really thought the cover needed a redesign.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Screenshot-39-1320x743.jpg

I like this, I hope these sims get uploaded to the Gallery the way the originals were. Where is the hair that the pink haired woman at the bottom left is wearing from? Never seen it before.
    I'm not really a fan of how the home screen layout is changing, though.

What does the new home screen look like?

jFhaWVf.png

I just noticed that there is a new icon under the free stuff section.

Nope. Those are all in the game right now.

The family portrait frame that came with a Mobile crossover event.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited July 2019
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Kind of weird that it looks like all of the sims in the new render are young adults.

Yea, another thing I don't like. I don't see how this new design appeals to anyone who is not a teen/young adult.

I agree there and am sad that all they appear to be concerned about is younger players and certain stereotypes but in the end it truly will be their loss as older players of past generations simply give up and continue to play older iterations of the game instead of buying the new versions at all.

I cracked up at your post and found it hilarious while disagreeing with EA's new targeting of only taking care of certain age groups demographic hahha :)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

I cracked up at your post and found it hilarious while disagreeing with EA's new targeting of only taking care of certain age groups hahha :)
    You're welcome, I like dark humor sometimes. :D

And yeah, I wish we had more to do with elders, they could be so much more fun to play.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2019

RIP Gladys.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited July 2019
    The rebrand doesn't mean much if the game isn't going to change with it. "Story mode" (which is barely a story mode) and a few new outfits is par for the course, in terms of the sort of things we get all the time. So far, everything looks like meaningless (and ugly) fluff, but overall it's completely harmless, so whatever.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    So far it seems very '90sesque. Kind of reminiscent of Angelfire days. I do kind of like that plumbob though. Guess I'll see when it rolls out.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hmmm interesting. I haven’t watched the stream yet but I don’t know how to fully feel about this change. On one hand I can see the why behind it. The game has gone on officially longer than any other sims series so this rebrand could be a way of changing up the style to match the current game. Do I like to personally? No I’m very minimalistic and it’s a bit much to me but it’s not the worst it could be I guess and I’ll get used to it with time. However in general it could mean they are going to do some serious overhauls we have been wanting in the future patches this year (personalities, babies, etc). I’m taking the rebranding thing as a whole as maybe some changes are coming once the game drops 32 bit for good (could explain the delay). I don’t know that but it makes me curious for sure.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    I do like the busy cover of the new design, cause it reminds me more of the older games with all the colors and much more different sims. The sims 4 has always been so basic and boring, even the loading screens and covers give me cold vibes. If only this was a sign that they were working on a more colorful game as well.

But I more feel their intention of this cover was to stuff certain plans and modern views down our throat as they do a lot lately.