Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Catching Frogs - Odd Jobs Trouble

Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
edited July 2019 in Mods Bugs & Issues
My Sim accepted an odd job for catching frogs for research. The directions told me to take my sim to Mua Pel'am, go to the waterfall, and catch frogs. There were no skill requirements. Seemed pretty easy, so I accepted.

I take my sim to the waterfall, select the option to "attract frogs" and started trying to catch them.
It took me ALL day and my sim did not catch a SINGLE frog. And of course I get a notice for a CRITICAL FAILURE and telling me if my sim DID go to the waterfall for the job she agreed to, she wouldn't have had such a failure. :s
Did I encounter a glitch or does my sim just have bad luck?

I'll try to see if I can re-create this "problem" and see if I have the same result. I was able to complete a different odd job without any trouble before this one.
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Comments

• Mjstuffing19Mjstuffing19 Posts: 71 Member
    I had the same problem. I sent my sim back on another day to see if she could do it outside of the job she still can't.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm not being able to complete any odd jobs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited October 2019
    I can't seem to complete any odd jobs either. Don't know what i'm doing wrong. I get the frogs in my inventory but it doesn't count for the task , same thing with taking photos. Is there somewhere we need to bring them?
    hmm I don't have any mods
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I can't seem to complete any odd jobs either. Don't know what i'm doing wrong. I get the frogs in my inventory but it doesn't count for the task , same thing with taking photos. Is there somewhere we need to bring them?
    hmm I don't have any mods

If you are playing without Mods you should reply to this thread at Answers EA. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Island-Living-Odd-Jobs-not-working-properly/m-p/8203731#M104699
  • BaggginssBaggginss Posts: 1 New Member
    You have to press attract frogs then immediately click again and say catch frogs. Works straight away. Hope this helps! 😊