Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds you never use?

Comments

• Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I never use Forgotten Hollow. It’s just too small to be useful in any way. (This May change, depending on how ROM is implemented-it would make a good “magic town” type place for witchy type shops!)

I only use Magnolia P. If I think to set it up as a one stop day/night out spot, by putting a night club, restaurant, cafe, whatever there.

Oasis Springs is pretty much where I dump all my unused sims. The ones I want to see around, but don’t necessarily want to play.

I haven’t really done anything with Strangerville yet, because the game over-wrote my save (AGAIN!) and I’ve been focused on putting everyone and everything back where it belongs. Scooby and the gang are safely back in their house on the hill though and ready to tackle the mystery!

Del Sol is too small and poorly designed, so I don’t even bother with it.

I try not to play too much in San Myshuno because when I do, my game gets overrun with pear-shaped monster townies with bad genetics and unpronounceable names. 😑
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I mostly play on Brindleton Bay and Winderburg. I sometimes play on San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley (when I play famous sims). I don’t use the rest of the worlds. I got a feeling that I’ll be using Sulani a lot once I own the expansion, but I’m waiting for a sale.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't use all the worlds but mostly its because I haven't gotten around playing all families that live there in my rotational game. I do have families and play them in other saved games that are not as rotationally heavy like I have one saved game that revolves only about Brindleton and the families there along with my created ones that live there. In that saved game I only visit the other worlds.

Now in my main saved game that has a 31 household rotational thing (I am INSANE!), I don't use all worlds or neighborhoods as residential areas and in some I haven't touched any of the premades living there.
    Those worlds/neighborhoods I favor much in this saved game is:
    Willow Creek with 9 played households,
    Oasis Springs with 4 played households (the Calientes and Johnny Zest have moved out and staked out their own niche in other neighbourhoods, while Penny Pizzas has moved to Oasis Springs),
    Windenburg with 4 played households,
    San Myshuno with 10 played households,
    Strangerville with 1 played households and lastly
    Sulani with 3 played households (the Calientes moved here).

The rest I only go to to use the community lots that are there. Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade do have residential housings but they are at the moment all empty. The rest of the lots are community lots that are very well used by my Sims. In Brindleton for instance I use the bar and the pet clinic a lot (especially as the pet clinic is the only one I have at all) and the lighthouse is just perfect for the romantic casual meetings. I am also thinking of putting a restaurant somethere there as well. The only place I don't go, mainly because I don't have vampires is Forgotten Hollow.

Post edited by Stina1701A on
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited July 2019
    I use all the worlds for something, but I use Newcrest mainly for community lots, none of my Sims live in there. Same with Magnolia Promenade.
    Most of my Sims live in Sulani, Oasis Springs, Strangerville or Willow Creek.
    I love Brindleton Bay, it used to be my favorite, but seasons ruined it for me. My Sims who live in there are now constantly tense and uncomfortable because it's always raining or thunderstorms.
    Windenburg is lovely too, but I can't make my dog owners live in there because of the big neighborhoods. If I send my Sim to have a short walk with the dog he never comes home. He gives up walking and I usually find him standing somewhere with all his needs on red. It also happens with my active Sims if I send them jogging in Windenburg.
    San Myshuno is okay, but it's annoying when my Sims go to sleep the fastest speed doesn't often work (because there are other Sims standing in the hallway). It takes forever to wait for them to sleep.
    Forgotten Hollow is great for my vampires, but I haven't had any non vampire households live in there yet.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I don't have Get Together, Vampires, or Strangeville, so those worlds are out by default. The base game worlds, Magnolia Promenade and Del Sol Valley are out, too.
    I play in Brindleton Bay sometimes and San Myshuno mostly. However I've been playing in Sulani since Island living was released, but I guess I will see how it holds up for me over time. I can totally see myself gravitating back to San Myshuno.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My sims never live in new crest I always turn it into a shopping/entertainment district.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Never/Rarely use: San Mushroomo, Del Sol Valley, Strangerville, Forgotten Hollow(rarely. but more than the other 3)

Moderate use: Brindleton Bay, Magnolia Promenade, Windenburg

Most Use: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest

This doesn’t include vacation worlds*

I strongly dislike the set dressing that makes up the worlds. Some of them are worse than others, and a few of them I won’t even use because of it. The more dressed up Maxis makes the worlds, the less I can mold them to my own liking. Hell sometimes it’s hard to even do something as simple as placing a house when the entire neighborhood has a distinct architecture and straying from that looks really out of place.
  • rosemarykwrosemarykw Posts: 3 New Member
    I haven't played or visited Magnolia Promenade or Brindleton Bay. They just never really interested me
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Magnolia Promenade and Forgotten Hollow.

I rarely use retail or vampires. Vampires were fun for about an hour but I did get bored :neutral:
    giphy.gif
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Most of my sims live in San Myshuno. Apartments are super practical.

Secondly it would be Oasis Springs.

I don't use Newcrest at all and usually forget it exists.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    Magnolia promenade is the least used, would love new world similar in style of jerusalem
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Forgotten Hollow and Magnolia Promenade.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I hardly ever use Magnolia Promenade, and did not even buy Vampires.
    I don't use the two vacation areas much, either, but use some features like food, drinks and sims in other worlds.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    the one world I keep forgetting about is Magnolia Promenade xD I'm always taken by surprise when I see it in world overview ^^

other than that I try to use all the worlds, and put a little bit of everything in each, to integrate them in my gameplay in some way.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    As I play with multiple families when my generation grows I tend to actually use all the worlds. I like to mix it up so the game doesn't get repetitive and boring.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Magnolia Promenade because 4 lots doesn’t give us much use in the first place. In my game, the world is only retail lots, but my sims never shop anyway.

Oasis Springs and Strangerville because I just don’t find deserts and sweltering dry heat appealing.

Granite Falls and Selvadorada because as gorgeous I think these worlds are, I tend to forget they exist since they’re listed on a separate worlds screen from the main one. I can’t stand the idea of vacation worlds anyway. Why can’t we have all worlds on one screen and make rental/vacation lots in whatever world we want???

Forgotten Hollow because I haven’t played vampires in a very long time, but plan on returning eventually. And I wish it had at least 3 more lots.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    These are the ones I almost never use: Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest (always full of community lots in my games), Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Del Sol Valley. I like the last one, but this is the only town I've got graphic problems with. Some of the trees appear blurry and the gorgeous view at the rich top of the hill is nothing more than a blue mess to me. I cannot see anything else there. I don't have a problem with any of the other towns and Sulani runs perfectly for me.

My favorites are: Windenburg (being European this town holds a special appeal), Sulani, Brindleton Bay. And Forgotten Hollow only when I play with vampires. I don't really use it in other cases.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited July 2019
    I find that I will occasionally play in each world, depends on what kind of story mood I'm in. Magnolia promenade is certainly my least played, I think I've done exactly one makeover there. I use Newcrest for room builds and lot builds. I did have a save that had all restaurants, cafes, libraries, a pool, lounge, etc. So, generally a commercial world. I rarely go to the vacation spot or the hidden areas.

Brindleton, Sulani, and Selvadorada are my faves but I'm also fond of San Myusho. All the others are kind of middle ground, maybe I will, maybe I won't.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    These are the ones I almost never use: Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest (always full of community lots in my games), Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Del Sol Valley. I like the last one, but this is the only town I've got graphic problems with. Some of the trees appear blurry and the gorgeous view at the rich top of the hill is nothing more than a blue mess to me. I cannot see anything else there. I don't have a problem with any of the other towns and Sulani runs perfectly for me.

It's because there's too much smog in the Valley. 😉
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    In my current save I'm working towards one family living in each world. So far, I hate the weather in Windenberg, Newcrest and Brindleton Bay. It's freezing constantly all winter and the rest of the year seems to get a thunderstorm every other day. Other than that I kind of enjoy all of them. I've replaced most of the community lots in most worlds from the gallery. I guess when my sims travel they visit Del Sol Valley and Strangerville and Magnolia Promenade the least, except for the families that live there.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Every world I installed I played in, rotating frequently. I needed all the space. I love using community lots and rotating.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I use all the worlds. I've been slowly developing what I see as each worlds "personality" being.

Newcrest is a multi-cultural/multi-ethnic world. One area is sort of Caribbean, the area by the lake is Japanese/Korean/Chinese. Haven't really found the theme for the long strip neighborhood. I usually find an anchor build that defines the area and develop out from that.

Magnolia Promenade is an open air market and café area built around a family friendly public pool.

Forgotten Hollow is still a WIP but it has a very fancy avant-garde restaurant and a trendy bar. Vlad is still there, but I sort of see the Hollow as "gentrifying" all around him. The hip young Vampires have moved to SM and artist and musicians are taking over the old houses and brightening them and tearing them down.

I play rotationally, so I usually have on or two households living in each world.

My perception of each world changes over time. Newcrest was once the Capital City, but as we got more varied objects to use I began to change it's personality. I do that with all the worlds.

• RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    It totally depends on my story!
    3 stories ago I was playing in Brindleton bay, 2nd story ago I was in Del sol, for my current story I started in San Myshuno, but spent a lot of time at a church in newcrest (practically living in) and then moved out to the county to start a family (stranger ville world!).

So yeah. For me it depends on the vibe the world gives and how that progresses my story/works with my story. I know when IL goes on sale & I purchase that my current story sim will travel to sulani to meet his people and learn about his culture (he was adopted by said church lady) :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    What about the toddler bug, could that be caused by cc or is it very widespread? I ask only because my toddlers have been fine. I have, though, been playing entirely off the grid — maybe that makes a difference? This means that I have mainly been feeding them from the cooler, their parents’ inventories, or from group meals cooked in the barbecue pit. Nothing has gotten stuck to them yet.

I have not had this problem yet either. I have played off the grid and on the grid and have not had this problem in either.