Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds you never use?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    While I have placed a Vulcan family in Oasis Spring, I don't actually play in it. I do have an outdoor venue there. Once in awhile my singer will hold a concert there. I had him living with his parents and then later his younger sister both in Windenburg. Then he moved to Willow Springs where I placed his mansion on the 50 X 50 lot.

So far, I don't much care for Sulani. I have had my Singer try it out on two separate occasions, but it's boring to me. Newcrest is the Settlements in my other game save. Right now it's mostly filled with karaoke bars, a lounge, three eateries, one being very fine dining; a gym and a wedding venue. It's the entertainment capitol, if you will. There are two concert venues, one outdoor and the other indoor. (I use Road to Fame, so my Sim can hold concerts.)

To sum it up, I don't play Sulani or Oasis Spring, San Myshuno or StrangerVille with any regularity.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The only worlds I even have are the ones from the base game, Forgotten Hollow, San Myshuno, Sulani, and Del Sol Valley. And to be honest, I use all of them frequently except for Newcrest.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I never use Newcrest and Forgotten Hollow.

I have used Del Sol Valley and Strangerville in one save and probably won’t use it again.

Magnolia Promenade houses different community lots depending on the save.

I tend to live in San Myshuno the most. I just love that world.

The other 4 worlds get about the same amount of use. I tend to prefer to live in lots that have a playground nearby or something that attracts other sims.

• Options
    ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    Magnolia promenade. Worst excuse for a “world”
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Ditto on Maggy P. I always forget it's even there.

I also avoid using Forgotten Hollow (because I like the architecture too much to fiddle with it), Oasis Springs (it's a less flavorful StrangerVille), Del Sol Valley (I have very few sims that would fit in there), and San Myshuno (its really nice to visit, but I can't think of any sims who would want to live there.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    I never use Magnolia Promenade or Newcrest. My Sims never live in Oasis Springs, and they barely visit it.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Willow Creek. Hate that world for some reason.

I moved all the premades living there originally, the Pancakes are in Brindleton Bay, The Kim-Lewis in San Myshuno, and the Goths can be as weird as they want in Strangerville.

Oasis Spring is also getting emptied of premades, although I have nothing against it and still use the community lots, I just like newer worlds better. The Landgraabs are in Del Sol Valley, and the Roomies separated but all live in Windenburg. Only the Caliente (including honorary Caliente Johnny Zest) remain, but they might move to Del Sol too.

Forgotten Hollow is atmospheric but there is nothing at all there, not even a trashcan, and yet sims walk around the neighborhood constantly, which works against the atmosphere, thus rendering the world useless. Vlad is still there because I don't play him, but the Vatore siblings are in San Myshuno.

I used to use Newcrest for community lots but again, newer worlds work better for that now.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't play a lot in Brindleton Bay because of the strays... it bothers me to see them. I love the look of the world though. I really have to find a mod that takes care of strays.... Since I make many saves sometimes I don't use Newcrest... I just use the empty lots in other worlds to put in extra community venues like I'll put a bowling alley in Oasis Springs and a Spa in the business looking area in Windenburg. I do tend to forget about Magnolia Promenade although when I redo it as a business community lot area I like it a lot more. I don't play vamps usually, but am playing Vlad in my current game... so Forgotten Hollow gets forgotten unless I have a plan for it .. ie Bates Motel, Adams Family ect..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I use them all. My main family is in Brindleton Bay but I have relatives and other families that live in most of the worlds and my sims visit them quite often. I also have venues in all worlds tailored to that specific world.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Windenburg in roughly equal measures take up about 90%. Brindleton Bay and Oasis Springs take up the remainder. The other worlds are mostly for visiting purposes, if at all, but I do have a househeold or two in Strangerville (different game saves) but haven't played either in a long time. Overall, TS4 worlds simply can't compare to those in TS2 when it comes to spaciousness, lot count, and ability to customize to my liking.

Lol I was wondering how long it would take for Sims 2 or Sims 3 to make an appearance. :)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Oasis Springs because I hate dry, desert locations. It's also boring as all heck with Seasons since it's pretty much only ever hot and sunny.
    I used Del Smol Valley once and probably never will again. It's too small for my tastes and I don't even really care for the look.
    Brindelton Bay because I hate the strays. If there were no strays or I could turn them off, I'd probably use it much more often.
    Granite Falls because I'm just not a fan of camping.

I don't own the packs with Strangerville, Forgotten Hollow, Selvadorada, or Sulani so by default I never use them.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I never use Forgotten Hallow. Only use Strangerville if playing my Base Save file where I build. I am not a fan of desert, so I rarely if everplay in Oasis Springs or Del Sol Valley. Apartments are too bugged for me, so I hate San Myshuno. My most played in world is Willow Creek. The others I play in depending on my storyline ideas.
  • Options
    ShortyBooShortyBoo Posts: 160 Member
    Since Island Living came out, I've only been playing Sulani. It's just so pretty. I do play other neighborhoods, though, because I play a bunch of families in rotation. There are a few neighborhoods I don't use, though. Like Magnolia Promenade, Forgotten Hollow, Brindleton Bay, Windenburg and San Myshuno. I wanted to like San Myshuno, but I was having issues with the camera, where when I'd leave an apartment and go down to street level, the camera would stay stuck at the apartment level, no matter what I tried. It didn't happen every time, but enough times to annoy me and to eventually stop playing there.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Hm, one doesn't use too often is Willow Creek or Forgotten Hallow I love the goths but the just town the meh don't get me started on forgotten hallow big great it was a little bigger and if Vlad wasn't just a troll. But I love Sulani town is pretty plus get fix up the beach or go to Hawaiian fest and interact the spirits and dolphins.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2019
    I am... very particular about my worlds.
    Seeing how it's, even if you like the pack, unlikely that most of you will play more than one specific family in Sulani (while I don't think I'll ever play another world seriously again, I am just... addicted to Sulani), it made me wonder... what worlds do you never use?

For me it started early. I have never had a family past the single Sim starter home in Willow Creek. Oasis Springs was just better, at everything. I LOVE Mid century architecture, and well... with seasons... I really really really HATE COLD.
    Anyway:
    Worlds I never play in...

Willow Creek (supposedly New Orleans-vibes but way too few of them. I wouldn't have realized unless it was stated).
    Newcrest, or "that place you place only community lots" (which I guess is the purpose, since it's a completely empty world)
    Magnolia Promenade... Let's just say I had to be reminded in this very thread that the world even exists.
    Forgotten hollow, too small, too uninteresting, and REALLY don't care for Goth style anyway. Architecture that is, I have nothing against Goths, be it 300AD Germans or pale youth with black clothing (I love vampires tho. They always end up living somewhere else)
    Brindleton Bay... One word: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus, I find the addition of "Yet Another Stereotypical American World(tm)" boring. Imagine a Polish, French or Japanese town instead?
    Strangerville. Funny, because it's warm, but I still don't like it. Plus, I find the addition of "Yet Another Stereotypical American World(tm)" boring. Imagine a Polish, French or Japanese town instead? (Wait did I say that one already?)

That leaves Oasis Springs, which I used to use all the time until City Living, San Myshuno, which I still absolutely LOVE, but only use for about half my games,
    Del Sol Valley that is only really interesting if you're super rich, so I might come back to it, Windenburg, that used to be about 25% of my games, and now Sulani.
    And as I said, Sulani replaces both Oasis Springs and Windenburg for me, really. I don't see me really play any other worlds in the future except Sulani or San Myshuno.

I use all the worlds as I have community lots in all but I use Magnolia Promenade and Forgotten Hollow least. I use FH a little more during Halloween.

I use Brendleton Bay and Sulani more then any of the other worlds. BB is my favorite because it's a coastal world and has some pretty beaches and in addition the interactive lighthouse plus it has so much water.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    I play with all the worlds if you count all saved games
    except for two:

1.Forgotten Hollow: It's just so brooding and dark and I rarely if ever play vampires. I've been thinking of giving it a full makeover because recently I've been playing a bit more there 'cos one of my sims had a baby with Lilith Vatore and I'm trying to teach the kid some manners! I'm not sure if it's a good environment for a child to grow up in... And I agree on what @happyopi said, it's annoying that the sims keep just walking through it without seemingly any reason. Like if you need to go from Willow Creek to Windenburg, wouldn't you just pick a better route than through the vampire infested scary place?

2.StrangerVille: I played the story through on a "test-save" and it was soooo boring and took so much time that I wish I had done it on my main save. Now I don't have the patience (nor do I really want to) to play it again, so because of the "zombie"-sims I just don't even go there anymore. Which is kinda sad, because without the storyline it would be a nice world, I think. But I'll have to wait for an inspiration to play it once again and then I'll never start a new save ever again. :smiley:

I don't really go to Granite Falls either after completing playing the woods properly (training in herbalism and so on). Maybe I'll be back some day, but nowadays I'm just not that into camping anymore. I still might need to be there now after IL release when I make my first Fisherman so that he/she can go fishing there also.

My favorites are (in no particular order): Brindleton Bay (I love the docks and the beaches and the general feeling of the world), Windenburg (rarely in the city parts of it though), San Myshuno (the food stalls and living statues and festivals make it fun and exciting) and Sulani (I love swimming in the waters <3 ).

Willow Creek is nice, yet a little boring. I haven't actually been there for a while. Oasis Springs after a full remake is quite ok, but as stated above, the weather is boring. Magnolia Promenade is nice, I've rebuild it also but it needs some extra work still so waiting for inspiration to do that and then I'm gonna play it properly. Newcrest is nice, yet I have problems distinguishing it from Willow Creek at times lol. Del Sol Valley's hills are a must for those who are rich and famous, but I use the other lots sometimes too. Selvadorada is so nice I wish we could live there.
    Post edited by adduapina on
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Well yes, me too. That's why I also play San Myshuno. ;)
    Seriously tho, I do that too but not on any of the worlds listed above.

To be honest, San Myshuno is the world that gets the least use from me, with the possible exception of Magnolia Promenade, but I do make the effort to have sims living in apartments now and then. I'd use them more if only it were possible to turn off the noisy neighbours and let my sims get some sleep.

Great, I forgot Magnolia Promenade. I keep forgetting it exists since I have never owned a business or visited a retail lot since i bought the game. (adding to list now). As for noisy neighbors... Save up a good bed, then you get enough sleep after they are done. They usually stop being noisy at what? 1 am? That's usually enough if you have an Energy 8 bed.

I had Magnolia Promenade as my entertainment district for a while (had a karaoke bar, a nightclub, a lounge and a bar there) but in my current template save I have an art gallery and a department store. For the department store I gave a Sim max handiness and the Handy trait, and had him upgrade a bunch of the electronics and plumbing so it could be sold in the store. I also made a retired scientist who made much of the science stuff (SimRays, satellite dishes, etc.), plus an area with items from Selvadorada (machetes, spider repellent and such) so any Sims that are heading to the jungle can stock up before they go. The other two spaces are empty; eventually I want to unlock many of the career outfits and put them on sale.

My current save is in Sulani, but I've played in most of the worlds depending on my storyline. I do visit all of them from time to time; if I have a Sim doing the painter aspiration I'll visit Willow Creek or Brindleton Bay for the museums. About the only worlds I don't use much are Forgotten Hollow (unless I've got a vampire save) or Strangerville (because after you've solved the "mystery" there's really nothing to do there -- I've only found one collectible spawner, and supposedly there's a fishing spot but I've never found it).

I think I've finally got a home I like for Key Point (the island lot in Sulani) and I still want to build an indoor/outdoor spa there.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Don't use Newcrest at all - I feel like I need to fill the whole world for it to look alive and I'm not sure what to place in there.
    I could just place random houses from gallery but I like it when world looks consistent in architecture etc.
    Have one played household living in every other world tho.
    I placed a huge gym and a spa center in Magnolia Promenade instead of shops which I never used or visited.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I use Windenburg and Brindleton the most.
    Willow Creek
    Magnolia Promenade
    Oasis Springs is a desert wasteland
    Forgotten Hollow is forgotten
    Newcrest
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My Sims are tourists in San Myshuno and Windenburg. I just havent been able to play a Sim family in either world for some reason. Once I found a way to get rid of the strays in Brindleton Bay I have played that world a lot and I enjoy the sea port vibe it has. Magnolia Promenade is troublesome because I never know what to put there to keep my Sims entertained. I usually end up putting a big family park there along with some kind of family style restaurant. Or I sometimes send an irritating Sim there to live alone because he/she is a member of one of my families but I can't deal with his/her drama any more. Newcrest is always, in every save I have, the place to go to have a good time. Bars, restaurants, spas, fancy gyms, and a romantic park for my dating Sims wanting some alone time together.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    Good question!

I never use:

Forgotten Hollow - too small and dark, would probably use if I would play with occults more often
    Magnolia Promenade - 4 lots...need I say more?
    Brindleton Bay - It is an extremely boring world in my opinion
    Del Sol Valley - Ugly and small, makes me feel claustrophobic for some reason. Too much set dressing (too many useless cars and clutter), it feels like the whole place is a movie set.

Edit: oh! And Strangerville, I even forgot it exists!

I overuse:

<3 W I N D E N B U R G <3
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    I think the world I use the least is Brindleton Bay. I haven't played with pets recently and pretty much the only reason for me to go over there is to go to the vet and socialize with other animals.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Most used to least used:

1. Willow Creek

the lot that face goths mostly because I love watching them walk around and the overall mood is just nice
    have started to try and remake whole world (for funs) but I got bit stuck with bigger lots
    because I love making small houses and venues and big ones just too much work :joy:

2. Sulani

I probably already used more of it than the rest of the worlds
    though I still have hard time coming up with things to build on water lots
    mostly because there isn't really any beaches where I am from
    (I honestly feel like I forgot how to build)

3. Forgotten Hollow

Is cool but if I don't have vampires I hardly go
    its just something about the fact there isn't much things to do in the world outside of lots
    like not even that its small just more like it makes me feel there should be something to do

4. Windenburg

but only using the island tbh i like building there since there is no fx houses so I can build whatever
    not really in mood to build tudor houses so thats really my major problem with other parts of wb
    like its cool concept but idk just not my type

maybe if i start building community lots or retail it will come handy though

5. Brindleton Bay

I have been remaking the whole world slowly because in brindleton bay
    houses of my home village would look accurate to the surroundings
    so its just easy to come up with buildings tbh

still feel some parts of it are too ''busy looking'' though would have loved it to be bit more rural
    and idk I don't think I really play there as much as I make houses there

6. San Myshuno

it's great world really but I hardly ever use apartments in it I usually end up making penthouse once I start
    because it just annoys me when apartments are too small or too big and there is hardly any just perfect size ones :confused:

7. Magnolia Promenade
    Use it a lot but most of the time end up taking things I made there to other world where it fits better
    sort of also feels too small tbh in terms of playing

8. Oasis Springs

idk I just don't use it really :confused:
    I don't think I ever really used desert worlds so much with sims though so there is that
    i do put some stuff sometimes but then I usually also switch to other worlds really quick

9. Newcrest

Never use it
    mostly because the amount of fx houses in it looks ridiculous
    and it doesn't really serve as ''empty world'' for me since I keep seeing those cluttery houses at bg
    its also very similar to willow creek but not really willow creek so I think thats my other problem with it

rest of the residential worlds I don't have yet
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    I really ever only use Willow Creek, Windenburg and Brindleton Bay. I like rural and lush environments.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think the only worlds I have yet to use at all are Oasis Springs, Strangerville and Del Sol Valley. I feel more at home in the countryside than I do in the desert and so I mostly play in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg. I do like the look of Strangerville though and the Victorian style builds and have plans for my main sim to save Strangerville at some point. I haven't got Island Living yet so I can't play in Sulani, but I already have lots of plans for it too. As for Del Sol Valley, I've never been that into the celebrity theme and I find the builds kind of ugly and larger than I tend to go for. I use Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade purely for venues/retail lots.