March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s watch: Maxis Monthly - July

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Hey Simmers!

July is here and it’s time to schedule the next Maxis Monthly!

When? July 12, 11AM PT - the exact time for your time zone here

Join us and enjoy the livestream here!:

Edited: Video ready below if you missed it or want to watch it again! ;)

Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Opening here... everyone ready? ;)
  • simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    That new Sims look is awesome!
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm pumped for the new stories & starting conditions! While sometimes I like to play with a brand new/build from the ground up types, I think I'll be using this feature a lot <3
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I can't believe they unlocked all those objects, they pretty much unlocked every single world object there is, I'm in complete shock.
  • omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    I never thought we would get something as simple as a new look. You guys really go all out and I love it! And the new objects are such a neat idea. I appreciate it so much! Thank you Sim Gurus!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The story-mode addition in CAS looks like such an awesome way to implement the request for starting Sims out with skills etc that I have seen many times across the forum. Can't wait to try that out!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I love the new loading screen -- the blue will be a lot easier on my aging eyes than the white. I hope the fishing ponds are included in the unlocked items -- I go into Debug mode to find those the most so that would save me a bit of hassle. And looking forward to the unlocked plants/trees as well. Stories really makes me happy -- I'll probably be uploading some more households to the Gallery with that. Only disappointment is that it seems to be for YA+; I'd like to have one for children and teens, unless you can get those if you add Sims when you're creating a household in CAS. I hope it's not just for single Sim households.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,206 Member
    Now the burning question: With this update, if I create a sim the old-fashioned way, will I still be able to assign starting skills and a job? Because that would be an awesome addition!
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Now the burning question: With this update, if I create a sim the old-fashioned way, will I still be able to assign starting skills and a job? Because that would be an awesome addition!

I am wondering about this as well, hopefully they added the option.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Am I late to the party as it it said 7.30 pm my time it is nearly 8pm. Correction 8.04pm still 7 Min's to go?
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I love the new loading screen -- the blue will be a lot easier on my aging eyes than the white.

It reminds me of the old Sims look, but I'm definitely looking forward to less eye strain!

Also idk if it's just me or whatever due to some color blind issues but I literally cannot tell the difference in the color between the game and expansion packs. The look is nice; just can't see a difference....
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The new pack colors are ugly, and so is the plumbob.

I like the new CAS mode. It would be nice if you could go in and edit already made Sims as well to give them careers and such.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,857 Member
    edited July 2019
    Love the new plumbob and new look!

and the personality quiz seems fun!
    though not sure if I am quite ready to be making a new sim to try it out if I can't assign it to already made sims :joy:
    legacy oh great legacy :sweat_smile:

also that debug update is AWESOME :love:
    finally after all this time so much things to use
    so many decorative items and landscaping that FINALLY goes with the worlds

Builders rejoice! its building time!
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I can't wait to explore the new objects!

Also, on the new main menu screen under Free Packs, there were three items instead of the two that I'm used to seeing. So holiday pack, grim's ghoulish guitar and a third mystery free pack... Anyone catch what number three is??

(It might be the Story CAS update thing, but can't wait to find out for sure)
    Now that all this world clutter is usable in builds, including some of the fake houses, I finally know what to do with that oversized empty lot in Mirage Park: Build a small house in the middle for my sims to live in and put a few fake ones around it.
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Also, on the new main menu screen under Free Packs, there were three items instead of the two that I'm used to seeing. So holiday pack, grim's ghoulish guitar and a third mystery free pack... Anyone catch what number three is??

I think it's the big family picture that came out some time ago, but I'm not sure.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    You: ...the only thing you can't change now are the aspiration and the traits.
    Me: *chucks computer across the room* HISSSSSSSSSS

...in other words, aside from that, the new Story Mode is awesome!
  • WisteriiaWisteriia Posts: 1 New Member
    My question is can I create a sim without the quiz?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't really get the point of creating a Sim's traits via questions instead of assigning them directly. I love all the unlocked objects though!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I love this!
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish I’ve only had the Sims 4 for like 6 months. I might be missing a free pack?!?
    @jadonbakes That family picture was only available under certain conditions, I believe, and I can't find it in my game either. But it's just one item (like the Grim Reaper's guitar), so you're not missing much.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    The rocks is such a good thing, thanks! My landscaping will be so much easier now!

And the CAS thing is cute too! I will most likely be using it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Loving the new loading screen also.... the bright white is hard on my eyes.
    Looking forward to the CAS stories... really excited that they will come with some skill points already and different starting funds depending on how you answer.. have a feeling I'll be pushing the retry button a lot. I know some of this stuff can be cheated in but I just hate looking up or using cheats unless I absolutely have too. So yahh!
    Happy for the new stuff/unlocks especially the plants.

....And all I can say about the new branding is yes!... Another way to say we are here to stay!

@Wisteriia yes they said you can still create sims the normal way.

egTcBMc.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The CAS quiz looks cute, but I don't like how the traits and aspirations are locked after the test. I think they should still be editable just in case you get one you don't like. If you can change the way they look and everything else, I don't see why everything else has to be permanently locked.

The re-branding changes look like hot garbage though.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    I do wish they had taken a more considered approach demonstrating the new CAS story mode. I feel like if one genuinely came to it with a persona in mind, one would end up with more coherent Aspiration and Traits.

The round-robin, off-the-cuff answers led to a grab-bag assortment, without a cohesive theme.

Still, it demonstrated the feature in general, which I suppose was the point.
    Wisteriia wrote: »
    My question is can I create a sim without the quiz?

They said explicitly that the original mode is still there. Story mode is entirely optional.