Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kalamainu‘u Iona

Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
Is terrifying. I thought I was inviting a random generated homeless Island townie (because I knew she was a mermaid because I couldn't find her in Household Management) until I googled her name to find out its meaning. But instead discovered that she is another townie premade like Nalani but the complete opposite. Oh. And its official. Mermaids are much scarier than vampires ever are. Move over Vlad, there is a new bad boss in town!

mczdEQF.png

I had NO idea she was evil until I saw her change. Although I guess the mean trait should have clued me in and the fact that she once chased my teen that lives in the Caliente household all over the beach, wrecking her sand castles until she 'ran away' on her scooter (the teen not Kalamainu'u).

So...have you guys done anything with this young lady? I had her move in with the Hoapili household temporarily with the intention of moving her out into her own beach hut but...now that I see what she is and that the Hoapili household hold an important spiritual role of a sort on the Islands, I wonder how the spirits are going to react when they find out that Kalamainu'u lives there? I am even thinking of moving her in with Nalani. The story potential is great.

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    She's part of my Sulani mermaid club, where she and other mermaids just swim and discuss mermaid things. Her daughter is in an arranged marriage with Nalani's son, so they can sustain the dwindling mermaid population.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    She is with my evil pirate sim on the shipwreck lot. One of my sims is married to Nalani and she is in her mermaid club too. I changed her hair, make up, and outfits - she is quite pretty actually, but still looks evil, which I like. She and the pirate sim visit my witch doctor sim a lot because they live on the same island - they do that 'bring food' thing a lot - pretty funny from a mean mermaid an evil pirate - so neighborly!
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I knew she was a mermaid the first time I saw her because she looks like a fish.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    What does her name mean?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    What does her name mean?
    From the first sentence it sounds like something some simmers do 😂😂
    Taken from Wikipedia:
    In Hawaiian mythology, Kalamainu'u (alternate spelling Kalanimainu'u) was a lizard goddess.

Myths

She is said to have lured her lover Puna-ai-koa'e to her cave where she kept him prisoner. When he longed to go surfing again, Kalamainu'u gave him her surf board, but warned him not to speak with anyone. He, however, spoke with friends who told him his lover's true nature. He returned to her cave, saw her in her true form, but showed no fear. Kalamainu'u killed the informants (Craig 1989:95, 218, Beckwith 1940:193, 200).
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    What does her name mean?
    From the first sentence it sounds like something some simmers do 😂😂
    Taken from Wikipedia:
    In Hawaiian mythology, Kalamainu'u (alternate spelling Kalanimainu'u) was a lizard goddess.

Myths

She is said to have lured her lover Puna-ai-koa'e to her cave where she kept him prisoner. When he longed to go surfing again, Kalamainu'u gave him her surf board, but warned him not to speak with anyone. He, however, spoke with friends who told him his lover's true nature. He returned to her cave, saw her in her true form, but showed no fear. Kalamainu'u killed the informants (Craig 1989:95, 218, Beckwith 1940:193, 200).

Oh my GOSH that's creepy. Can't believe they put it in The Sims 4! An earlier game maybe, but...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Oh, wow!
    I only paid attention to her because I thought her face (the human one) had a pretty and unique structure.
    Appearances can be deceiving :)
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I had a baby with her without knowing any traits or how her mermaid form looked like :sweat_smile:.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited July 2019
    Eh. She's still very beautiful as a mermaid. Just in an... evil fishlizard kind of way.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    She’s creepy!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited July 2019
    I haven't done anything with her (yet) but I do enjoy seeing her strutting around the islands like she owns them (which she surely does) :D
    Okay now I have to put her in a proper household...
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh wow, I pulled the edit trigger on her so fast I didn't realize what she was. :o
    I just saw that she seemed too pale and edited her in CAS and started having too much fun editing her.
    06-26-19_12-30-25nbspAM.png

So that character only exists in my game in name only. Complete overhaul.
    06-29-19_10-27-10nbspAM_1.png

She's the love interest of my sim and he is going to marry her.
    06-30-19_12-41-48nbspAM.png

I must have transferred her normal look to her mermaid form.
    That would have been quite a shock if I had not did that. My sim first saw her mermaid form back in his apartment in San Myshuno.
    06-29-19_10-02-48nbspAM.png
    Now I wish I had seen her original form. That would have been so creepy and hysterical. :D

Oh well, I will probably make another evil mermaid to add to Sulani.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    To be honest I've never seen her mean side, and I make sure all my sims get to know her, in both the saves I have in Sulani. She DOES actually walk around like she owns the place, as loubyloulou said :D I may have to move her into one of my households one of these days, just like I did with Ukupanipo. <3 that guy too, and his walk + voice combo :) I may get some trouble with her comittment issues, though....I usually can't play that trait.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    In my game she's low-key rude to other sims all the time. One time the game chose her as a litterer, which is ironic, because in my backstory the three premade mermaids are genetically manipulated humans and Sulani's police force. If she misbehaves too much, Kalamainu'u might lose her badge and tail.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    She looks amazing as evil. I haven't done anything with her yet, but I definitely want to marry her with a vampire.
    Is there a male premade merman that's evil or mean? Thinking of forcing her into a relationship since I am going to move her into a house.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited July 2019
    My Global Superstar 'met' her in Newcrest outside of the gym he was visiting. He used the 'get to know' on her and found out she was mean. That was enough for him. He then asked if she was a mermaid. She now follows him around like the paparazzi. He shies away from her, however. LOL Well, I wanted him to meet a mermaid, he met two in the same night, same place, so all I can say, is be careful what you wish for!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Oh, wow!
    I only paid attention to her because I thought her face (the human one) had a pretty and unique structure.
    Appearances can be deceiving :)

My Global Superstar almost fell for her, for the same reason. That's why he approached her and introduced himself. :open_mouth: Erik is always getting himself into some sort of trouble. Happily, this time he had the sense to ask more about her. Could have been awful …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hmm. Well I made a set of brother and sister mermaids inspired from the Irish/Welsh folklore. The sister Maribel lives in Brindleton Bay with her son, and the brother Coomara lives with his daughter on Windenberg Island. Maribel made a club for mermaids, she hit it off with Nalani and Uku (not even going to spell it) right away. Kala decided to start insulting everyone. Maribel decided a good old fashioned Siren's Call would be a good idea. Kala decided to leave the club.
    She's nasty to everyone in my game. I'm tempted to actually set her up with Vlad. They could make quite the duo. Imagine the babies they'd make. Oof lol!!!
  • devilchild803devilchild803 Posts: 48 Member
    She walked past my sim's household while I'm doing a prison challenge so she's now one of my prisoners. There's a baby in the household and since sims autonomously go to it when it's crying before I can send a sim I'm controlling over, I usually let them figure it out for themselves. She's a really good parent in my game... even though this baby isn't hers.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    So I guess Nalani is the mermaid, and Kalamainu is the Siren?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Oh yes, I know Kalamainu'u. She is a favorite of my vampire when he's in the mood for seafood.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I've only seen pictures of her, she is great! I love what they did to mermaids with the creepy fishy siren look. Her and Vlad needs to meet asap. Though to be honest she reminds me of a sardine with this pale skin and white glittering tail. You know, when you go dive in some places, the instructor will tell you to remove any jewelry you might have like rings because the way it shines in the water makes it look like one of these bait fishes and you might attract predators. On her case though it's more a lure than anything. Watch out Ariel :D