The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sims are there in your main save file?

Not counting Sims in the hidden households (e.g. dead Sims and special NPCs like Grim Reaper).

For example I don't have any Sims under the "Other Households" so the population in my save is just 600 :)

7ODWTph.jpg
qidpmcvgek8y.png

How many Sims are there in your main save file? 60 votes

Under 50
36%
Akl500PPlayerSinger2010BloosmooSimpkinAmj1995Humility925SelinaKylesnewtoneaTechbiltMasonGamerHermitgirlStutumBusufuLivinityalyssa123simms745Seklein112WildIrishBansheeizecsonnerdfashion 22 votes
50-99
16%
bshag4lvPapayaPancakeCeres_MeirionaadduapinaPotterheadSimToby92haisinnetney52AngeliqueAdelaideKimmer 10 votes
100-149
6%
simgirl1010spice3papertongueAkramA 4 votes
150-199
11%
Thunderbat87sekojranaSheriSim57TheRedLionTeslachick2GrumpyGlowfishbirdonawire 7 votes
200-299
11%
bandit5islerouxBoergeAarg61ldmarkoChelleJoVanPelt81Amandèle 7 votes
300-399
11%
SimmervilleBlkBarbiegalluthienrisingSusim62EnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsDrakos 7 votes
400-499
0%
500-749
3%
elelunicyDMDCT 2 votes
750-999
1%
SummerStreak 1 vote
1000 or more
0%

Comments

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Under 50
    Waaaay under 50. I almost never start over in the same file, I prefer to start a new file every time, so the count is 1. xD
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Under 50
    Getting close to 50.
    Still in the process of Designing all my custom NPCs and Townies.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    500-749
    Stutum wrote: »
    Waaaay under 50. I almost never start over in the same file, I prefer to start a new file every time, so the count is 1. xD

It would be really hard to keep it under 50. Even if you delete all pre-made Sims when you start a new save, the game would still generate lots of random townies on its own :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Under 50
    27 in 8 played households. Other households - no idea.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Under 50
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

It would be really hard to keep it under 50. Even if you delete all pre-made Sims when you start a new save, the game would still generate lots of random townies on its own :D

Oh yeah there are of course all the other households I never play. No idea how many there are with those and townies though. :P
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    300-399
    My current save file has just over 300 Sims. I think I'm normally somewhere between 300-500 Sims in any given save (after I've played it for a bit). But I like to keep my favourite and/or played households to a minimum, it keeps the save size smaller.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • newtoneanewtonea Posts: 9 New Member
    Under 50
    I always start a new file for most be Sims I play. Usually there's a new challenge I'm doing or I want to do something different with a world building-wise.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    300-399
    311 overall population, 150 of those are protected and marked played to keep the game from messing with their careers and 46 sims I actually play.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    200-299
    222 in my 100 baby save.

OJrkPXm.png
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    300-399
    I'm not able to check my game because of being on vacation, but I have 200+ played sims in my rotational game, and I'm sure there must be more than 100 unplayed.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    200-299
    239 last time I checked, right when I started playing tonight. 57 households, 45 base families.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    150-199
    Those are ones I have favorited.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Under 50
    New save file per family. I never play rotationally.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Under 50
    I think I'm at 33 ish in my main save? I try to keep it contained though. And that save is on generation 7.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Under 50
    How many of my own Sims? Less than 50. How many of random ugly townies the game makes? Over a 1000 for sure.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Under 50
    Of my own played sims? Under 50 for most of my saves. Unplayed premades/townies? No cotton picking clue.

My General Save is the only full save I have, and I'm not sure how many played/soon to be marked played sims I have in that save. Pretty much every lot is full, so there's a lot, that's for sure!
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    300-399
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    Under 50
    As someone who uses The Sims as an inspiration tool for writing as well as to escape from the real world, I can't afford to have too many households in one save. I need to keep the amount of characters small enough for the readers (if I get a book published :#) to follow up.

Edit: Excluding other households!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Under 50
    Oh I missunderstood the question 😒.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Under 50
    HOLY SmOKES how do ya'll keep up with that many?? i only ever have like 3 to 4, maybe 5 if i'm feeling ambitious
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    200-299
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    HOLY SmOKES how do ya'll keep up with that many?? i only ever have like 3 to 4, maybe 5 if i'm feeling ambitious

I'm thinking they are asking about ALL Sims in your game, not only played Sims.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Under 50
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I'm thinking they are asking about ALL Sims in your game, not only played Sims.

huh. that makes sense. i guess i got confused because op has townies in their "my households" tab-- which in my opinion means they're no longer townies, but to each their own
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
    500-749
    i guess i got confused because op has townies in their "my households" tab-- which in my opinion means they're no longer townies, but to each their own

Townies used to only mean Sims you see around the town, but they don't actually live anywhere (i.e. homeless Sims). Pre-made Sims that do live in a house wouldn't be townies. The term started with TS1: Hot Date after all. In that pack, the new Sims you met at downtown all had the last name "Townie", and they definitely didn't have any place to live.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2019
    Under 50
    I think right now it's about 14. Most of the sims are under "other". I don't think I've ever had that much more. I don't save randomers and I only play one family. I remember when this feature came I thought it was gonna be automatic or somthing so I just kpt playing thinking all the sims in my game were saved.
    I only have some saved now as I don't want my sims' friends being culled out of the blue.

Just weirdly large numbers you have on the poll.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    500-749
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Just weirdly large numbers you have on the poll.

The population in my save is just 600 because I don't have any Sims under the "Other Households" tab. For everyone else you need count Sims under both tabs :D

Rq4tCuo.jpg

The game generates so many Sims on its own. Pretty much nobody should have voted "Under 50" unless they use mods that stop all forms of random Sim generations.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png