Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you have preferred if Sulani was a vacation world?

I honestly can see it being both but I like it where it is
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Would you have preferred if Sulani was a vacation world? 206 votes

Yes
27%
CK213JeanMandarine586julienrob2004Sara1010PGalacticGalIcewolfdjacquelynstewColorist40SommoreButtaAlrynnSusanaLeoteshellbemebabajaynevessmeCynnaWorkingmum8Elegantblkchina1drake_mccartymock68 56 votes
No, I like it how it is
72%
Akl500PEvalenStace1234566GoldmoldaricmnfrshLaBlue0314bandit5alexspoom13VenusABatsonfranka44021AyradyssoveronPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettSimsILikeSimsMi9shaoscarVibseSleepycatDSLMontrase102Writin_Reg 150 votes

Comments

• Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    Yes and no. I would really love the option to have rentable lots in all worlds as was possible in Sims 2 and 3. Or even better, have actual hotels. I loved hotels in Sims 2.
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I’m on the fence about this one. I didn’t participate in the vote because I don’t actually own Island Living yet so I can’t give it a fair opinion, but I was really disappointed when it was released as a full on expansion pack and not a game pack/vacation world. I’ve been hoping for a tropical vacation world to be released. However, that being said, I also think it’s cool that it is a full world and I love that it comes with mermaids. I agree with @Rhiannon1307 that I wish it at least had the option for rentals. Who knows, maybe in a future stuff or game pack or patch they’ll give us hotels.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    The world is beautiful! And if we couldn't live in it I might not even have bothered with the pack, especially since it's the only world with open water (this makes it very convenient for mermaids).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    No. I just don’t use vacation worlds as much.
    I would have preferred rental lots and second homes to have been an option.

I’m still hopeful that we will get a hotel game pack
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes
    I wish we had the option of assigning it as either. I personally prefer it as a vacation destination after playing with it for a while.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2019
    No, I like it how it is
    I have one lot set up as a spa, but it also is set up for any of my sims who don't live there to come and stay for a visit. So it is possible to have this as a vacation location, but I am very happy that my sims can live there as well. I would not change this part one bit.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    Having an expansion pack being a vacation world would be unacceptable to me.

Also I find it interesting how many people bring this up since the common reaction is the opposite, people being extremely disappointed Jungle Adventure doesn't have live in lots.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    Having an expansion pack being a vacation world would be unacceptable to me.

Also I find it interesting how many people bring this up since the common reaction is the opposite, people being extremely disappointed Jungle Adventure doesn't have live in lots.

I was one of those people. :)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    No, I don't like it when they turn the most beautiful worlds into vacation destinations like they did with Granite Falls and Selvadorada.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited July 2019
    No, I like it how it is
    No, I wish we could live in the vacation spots we already have and it's generally a hassle to go on vacation with your Sim anyway.
    I wish there was an option to do a sort of AirBnB or B&B, if not proper hotel.
    It could be a freelance job, or there could be an option to make money by having a tenant.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    No. I like my sims being able to live there or have easy access to community lots or even private housing (with the always welcome trait basically making it their home too).
    I hope in the future we get a lot type that allows me to make B&B's or motels (simple rentals). I don't think resorts would run well if implemented. I hope if they do it they keep it manageable.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    After playing Sulani as a residential world for a couple of days I can see why the teams made it the way it is. As someone who never did care for running or owning resorts I don't really miss having that option. I will probably do a workaround for a few of my wealthier Sims so they are able to own a home on Sulani along with owning a home in their home world. That would be enough to satisfy me. Previous attempts at having resorts and hotels never seemed to work out very well so perhaps the fact they aren't a part of this expansion was the best idea afterall.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yes
    Yes and no. I would really love the option to have rentable lots in all worlds as was possible in Sims 2 and 3. Or even better, have actual hotels. I loved hotels in Sims 2.
    Yes! There's no need for vacation worlds - they should definitely do it like Sims 2, that was brilliant.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It should have been both. Hotels\resorts should have been a major feature because nothing else in the pack is.
  • Options
    No, I like it how it is
    keekee53 wrote: »
    It should have been both. Hotels\resorts should have been a major feature because nothing else in the pack is.

Funny because to me it's the exact opposite.
    Hotels and resorts are pointless to me, but the pack as it stands now is amazing.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Actually, I like having dual use.
    I am using a retail property as a vacation house. It's nice that other sims live In Sulani and I have the choice of either having a sim live there, or have my sims living outside Sulani and enjoying it too. This expands the game for all my sims instead of just having a thematic wrapper over the same game play with a few activities thrown in to support the theme and is only enjoyed by a few.

I am playing out a sim who is a writer and adventurer.
    He lives in San Myshuno and bought an empty plot of land in Sulani. He started out just camping there for the weekend and slowly built up the lot to a vacation home.
    06-23-19_6-23-50nbspPM.png

06-24-19_2-11-55nbspAM.png

At this point he was staying for an entire week, since the money was rolling in from book sales and well paying freelance writer gigs.
    06-25-19_12-51-39nbspPM.png

He met a Sulanese (?) who turned out to be a mermaid.
    06-28-19_7-52-30nbspAM.png

06-29-19_10-02-48nbspAM.png

She had an adventurous spirit and they both went to Selvadorada, which was certainly the opposite of paradise. (pretty miserable. :D )
    07-01-19_3-25-16nbspPM.png

It was very interesting to go adventuring with a mermaid. She brought some useful powers, but at the same time there was the threat of dehydration.
    07-01-19_3-28-59nbspPM.png

07-01-19_4-15-40nbspPM.png

Since their vacation home is actually a retail lot, I took advantage of being able to sell both Sulani and Selvadorada items to tourists.
    07-05-19_4-20-02nbspPM.png

They now live in Windenburg, on the island, which is better for her since she is a bit of a loner and doesn't like crowds, and she is surrounded by water (even though she can't swim in it :p ). They still jaunt off to Sulani which is appreciated more when you are away from it for a while.
    The plan is for them to have children and add a second level to the vacation home in Sulani. They will eventually retire there.
    07-07-19_12-50-05nbspPM.png

Want to enjoy GeekCon despite the rain, bring a mermaid.
    07-08-19_1-47-24nbspAM.png

I really love playing this way and I love this scenario and I wish vacation homes had been supported in this pack along with the depth to make it more enjoyable and less clunky. I can't use this for sims with fame since the paparazzi are vicious on retail lots. I can't wait to use Sulani for my University students on spring break and they will probably live there for a year after graduating, working the conservationist career, before moving to the other worlds and starting their true careers.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I would PREFER to be able to change all my worlds to whatever I would like them to be Vacation etc. I don't like being restricted to one world we had more control in Sims 3 we could even change things in the world that were not a lot I just feel restricted in Sims 4. Please give the Sims players more control of the game I don't want more things just an open world.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't care about being able to live there or not, but having an option to use it as a vacation world for those who wanted it should have been there. I'm incredibly disappointed that they did not include hotels or any way to use rentals in Sulani. The lack of activity makes it seem more fitting for a vacation spot personally anyway, so I'll never understand why they didn't include that as an option. Here's hoping they'll update it so we can have rentals there in the future.
  • Options
    No, I like it how it is
    I don't care about being able to live there or not, but having an option to use it as a vacation world for those who wanted it should have been there. I'm incredibly disappointed that they did not include hotels or any way to use rentals in Sulani. The lack of activity makes it seem more fitting for a vacation spot personally anyway, so I'll never understand why they didn't include that as an option. Here's hoping they'll update it so we can have rentals there in the future.

1. Hotels would be the total opposite of what Island Living is about. It's like putting a highway right thru Granite Falls.
    2. What lack of activity?
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    I was disappointed before I got the expansion but when I got it and started to play I changed my mind very quickly. I LOVE being able to be a resident/native and play with households living there.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yes
    All vacation worlds can benefit from both. Not just one or the other.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Yes

I simply use freerealestate on and let my Sim stay there for as long of a vacation as I desire. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No, I like it how it is
    No, I enjoy being able to go there at any time and even live there.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited July 2019
    No, I like it how it is
    My "No," is a qualified one, like many of the responses I've seen here. No, I wouldn't want Sulani to be as limited as the current vacation sites in TS4 are. I definitely want to be able to move a household in and have them live there regularly, not only visit.

That said, as others have said, I'd love to have some kind of rental lots and/or second home system that would allow Sims who live in other worlds to come visit for a while while maintaining their main home lot in a different world.

I really love what @CK213 has done using the retail lot as a second home. I'd thought about trying that, but so far have not given it a go. It's great to know that it works out, for the most part. (CK213 -- have to say, I was a fan of all your TS3 series posts. Great to see you're finding ways to make the most of things in TS4.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    I always wanted a beach/tropical vacation world for my families, so I was a little disappointed at first. Then I thought more about it and I realised I would be missing out too if Sulani wasn't residential as I also have families in mind for island life. So, my true answer is I don't wish Sulani was only a vacation world, but I do wish I had the option to have holidays there. I really hope we get hotels and holiday homes at some point so this can happen. This would open up all worlds as both residential and potential holiday destinations, which I think is the best solution for everyone. Right now I'm planning for my main household to just visit venues and stay at generic lots in Sulani, which doesn't feel quite the same.