Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keeps Crashing and It's Making me Crazy!

I've been trying to play The Sims for hours now and it's not working. I have Origin up, so I click on Sims 3. Then I click on "Play". Then the screen is black for a few moments. And then the next thing I know, I see all of the browsers and tabs I normally have up instead of the Maxi's logo. ANd I'm not playing The Sims 3. I downloaded a few new poses and I already have to many of them. Is that the issue? If not, what is and how can I stop the game from crashing before it even starts?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Easiest way to tell is to copy and past the mod folder to a safe place such as the desktop, then delete it from the sims 3 folder.Launch the game.If it launches fine, then its something in your mod folder.

At that point, you'll want to download an empty folder.
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
    Which you can get there.

Then slowly add your CC back(groups of 2 or 3) until it starts crashing again.Once you hit a spot where it crashes, go back to your mod folder and delete one cc, then relaunch until the game stops crashing.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    You may want to clear (delete) the five cache files on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents if you don't already routinely do this before doing any thing drastic. It may help or not, but it's an easy process to test first and it would certainly need to be done anyway if you are going to replace the entire Mods folder with a new clean one.

Then, assuming you had a working game prior, perhaps remove only that which you just recently added (and clear the caches again) to see if that helps.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just found it easier to start with a clean folder and put my mods back in a little at a time when I was having a weird graphics issue instead of trying to delete 1 by 1.I usually clean my caches after each gameplay.i ended up having some weird alien plant override mod in my game causing my plants to be Florescent pink 😂 have no clue where it came from but let’s say I got so worried About a dying graphics card I wrote to aced for a repair slip LOL
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    Problem solved. It was the poses I downloaded today. Now I have to choose. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it!