Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Worlds and Their In Real Life Locations

13...Next

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I just want to express my amazement at you coming up with this even. I'm blown away :smile: Now whenever my sims go to the other suburbs I'd be like yeah, taking a trip around Pangaea :D .
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Hey! After looking at the beauty that is Sulani, I was wondering where the worlds in-game would be in the real world. Luckily, I made a map to show where they would be!

cUfiTAd.png
    Let me explain... (in alphabetical order)
    Brindleton Bay: I put Brindleton Bay in the U.S. region of New England. The aesthetic of the world just screams "New England!" to me!

Del Sol Valley: Two words... Los Angeles.

Forgotten Hollow: Ok... this one might be controversial. No real life location really fits this world. I chose the Transylvania region of Romania. I know the region does not really look like Forgotten Hollow, but based off of movies it fits.

Granite Falls: For this world I instantly thought of Yellowstone National Park in the United States. I see this as the best fit as the images of Yellowstone look a lot like Granite Falls.

Magnolia Promenade + Newcrest: There was no real place that came to mind with these worlds, other than the general United States and Canada. They are not on the map for this reason.

Oasis Springs: I chose the U.S. states of Arizona and New Mexico for this world. I debated choosing areas of Mexico, but I am not familiar with the region enough to pin point it.

San Myshuno: This one was hard. After looking online, I chose the areas of Tokyo, Japan and Hong Kong. Tokyo because of the architecture and Hong Kong for the geography. Many neighborhoods of San Myshuno do not fit in Tokyo, but I see Tokyo as the best fit for architecture.

Selvadorada: The Amazon Rainforest really looks like Selvadorada. Having my sims go to the Amazon is a fun idea to me!

Strangerville: Due to the military base and odd happenings, I chose Area 51 in Nevada, United States. What's going on in Area 51... what's going on in Strangerville... who knows?

Sulani: Sulani looked like a Pacific island. It gave me Tahiti and Polynesia vibes. I also got a bit of Hawaii from this world too.

Willow Creek: Due to the steamboat, the swampy backdrop, and the trees, I chose New Orleans, United States as the location for Willow Creek.

Windenburg: This world gave me a central and southern Germany vibe, but with a bit of Austria too.

This is really cool and I appreciate the effort you took to make this!

Personally I think that in future iterations of the Sims, that the places in the world could do with a bit more continuity - just from a storytelling point of view. i.e. where Plesantview, Strangetown and Veronaville fit in with Oasis Springs and Willow Creek, if they were to exist in the same "universe", which we assume they do.

I know that in ways, we're meant to tell our own story with our games but I'd love for it to work in the same way that Pokémon does. The regions may lie seperately but are aware of each other and can be travelled to and from under certain circumstances.

tb5fm8740w611.jpg
    alepatera wrote: »
    It's definitely very reminiscent of the movie, The Road to El Dorado, where the setting is in Mexico and Central America.

I'm just doing this random post to comment how much I like this movie. That is all.
    tumblr_m4m7drvrxF1rpf23po4_250.gif

91f23f326254c7e25ef05d2b667dfda1.gif

1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    There needs to be some Canadian worlds in Sims 4.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I always thought of Brindleton Bay as an english coastal town. And Selvadorada as a central american region. I agree with people that sees San Myshuno as a mix of different cities.
    Africa is always missing :( i wish to see some african world some day.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I always thought of Brindleton Bay as an english coastal town. And Selvadorada as a central american region. I agree with people that sees San Myshuno as a mix of different cities.
    Africa is always missing :( i wish to see some african world some day.

I'd be interested in a more diverse version of The Sims in the future which included cultural norms/architecture/fashion from other parts of the world. I suppose the makers see a difficulty with the demographic of the people that generally play The Sims aren't going to be from countries in Africa or generally from that economic area.

I read though that the video game industry in African countries generally is on the rise so hopefully we'll see some indie developers making their own!
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • TazStephTazSteph Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Wainwrong;c-17150063"]That's it, San Myshuno is named after San Francisco, but some of the sims and lots in it have an east asian elements to them - so did the semkemoto in sims 2 and of course sunset valley is not in asia. SM is modern but it is not really that asian.

There aren't really many asian towns? Shang sim la, takemizu village, technically also twikkii island, sunlit tides, and fulani are kind of southeast asian? Like Indonesian or something? But besides them I think that the most "asian passing" town is popably bridgeport? Or oasis landing?[/quote]

San Francisco has a high Asian population,
    explaining the Asian elements. Not disagreeing with you, just my theory.
  • rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    I DONT AGREE WITH YOU FOR THE OASIS SPRINGS IT HAS AUSTALIAN VIBES
    I DONT AGREE
    also, update it to have the newer packs, like the one from snowy escape *I forget the name. don't blame me.* and since the newest world, which requires a pack, is inspired by Japan, put it in Japan.
  • MeerkatMeerkat Posts: 1 New Member
    2 things:
    1. WAY too many american destinations
    2. Windenburg is definitely not Austria or southern Germany, its the Netherlands (I live in Austria)
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Gotta say that I don't think Windenverg is Australian looking. I might saw a limited Austria but it really looks more like Germany to me
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top