September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!

Help! I Have an Unusuable Venue!

I am not a builder... at all. So I rely on the Gallery for my homes and commercial venues. Recently I downloaded what I thought would be an ideal Community Center. It looked great when I added it to my game. This morning, I sent a club of "Zumba Ladies" to the center for an early morning workout. I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't "dance together" as instructed.

Finally, I realized that they're not able to get inside the building. I tried changing doors. That wasn't the problem. I'm thinking they can't "step up" to the threshold of the door, but my attempt to add steps failed.

Can someone look at this screenshot, please, and help me (a) figure out why my sims can't go inside, and (b) give me ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can help me out with this!

8DeUQkq.png

Comments

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 199 Member
    Have you tried lowering the foundation?

It could be to close to the edge of the lot, for stairs.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited July 7
    Plainevil wrote: »
    Have you tried lowering the foundation?

It could be to close to the edge of the lot, for stairs.

I have no idea how to lower a foundation. As I said, I am not a builder at all LOL. Can you explain (in very simple terms) what I need to do to lower this? I agree, it looks too close to the edge of the lot to add stairs. I'm sure I placed it on the size lot it was built for since I searched specifically in The Gallery for that lot size. I really like everything the venue has so I'd like to use it.

If possible, maybe I could put in on a larger lot? I'm going to go check the lot size right now.

EDIT: The venue was designed for a 30 x 20 lot, and that is what it's placed on. I'm going to look for a larger lot and try placing it there to see if I can then add steps.

It was a challenge LOL... I am so not a builder. Finally by turning the building so I could see it from the side, I was able to attach stairs at one door. (On my first attempts I ended up with a tall set of stairs sitting on the lawn.) My sims can now enter the venue through that one doorway. I will continue to play around with the other entrances and see what I can do.

Thank you, @Plainevil, for helping me identify the problem.