Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Island Living Sales soon? 🤔 EDIT: YES! ONE RIGHT NOW!

JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
Any idea about when Island Living will be on sale? I'm hoping to buy it when it does :smile:
I'm trying to save every cent I have since I just bought my first home, but I want to play it so badly! I'm wondering how long I will need to wait.
I know it just released so I don't think it will be any time soon, but just curious if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!
Post edited by JayandMeeka on

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Anytime soon IMO
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey oh, thanks! Can I ask what makes you say that?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hm, there was a big sale for weeks just before IL release. 40-50% on all titles. I don't really expect a new sale until end of Summer.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    I don’t remember the last time the new expansion didn’t go on sale for 50% off by 2-3 weeks after the release date. I know the last 3 did and it was either from Target or Best Buy.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    @DoloresGrey oh, thanks! Can I ask what makes you say that?

Well, if there is a sale they don't usually put it on the latest pack. Unless the pack has been released more then about 3 months. I guess. Basically a new pack won't go on a sale.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    auginstine wrote: »
    I don’t remember the last time the new expansion didn’t go on sale for 50% off by 2-3 weeks after the release date. I know the last 3 did and it was either from Target or Best Buy.

Oh, so not on Origin? Hm, that's where I usually get my stuff. Ok, well I guess I will just have to be patient. I feel like it may be a while.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Probably in 2 weeks when it hits consoles.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I thought it would be this week thursday or friday. I have been able to snag the last 2 or 3 expansions in target or Best Buy after 2 weeks. So I am impatiently waiting. I guess this one is selling better than the previous ones.
  • Options
    SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    If you're comfortable with it, you can get it on CDKeys. Right now it's at around $30, but I've already seen it drop as low as $25 this week.
  • Options
    I've definitely heard about CDKeys, but I'm just not sure. I would rather wait to get it through trusted and consistent channels.
    I do appreciate the input, though!

For those if you getting it through stores like Best Buy, I assume you're buying a case that comes with a installation key inside?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited July 2019
    I wouldn't count on those in store sales because they may or may not happen as they fell at particular times and they aren’t consistent. Seasons was on sale at target two weeks after release because they were having a big summer sale and Best Buy had a sale on get Famous a week after when it was cyber monday. The other expansions were on sale too and they included the new ones. But if you are basing it on previous schedules this would be the week a sale in stores would happen. Also if you get it in stores yes you are buying a code in a box (or as I did with get Famous an online code through email from Best Buy). As far as origin it will probably be at least 2 months until a sale has Island living included.

Good luck OP. I do hope you find it on sale somewhere, I just know it can be super tricky with the newest expansions. Hopefully there is an in store sale soon for you to be able to get it.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

They most likely will give us a sale on Island Living, Only after they feel everyone that will possibly pay full price has done so.

But from what I see I rather like it, I love how they included toddlers, being able to get in on beach fun., But I also see disappointments.

Also, I do not think they plan half off but maybe a 40% off, it should be half off, I really dislike when a company change to pretending like 40% is the normal max off. From all the reviews most are disappointed in the pack. many reviewers say it has too many rabbit holes like no real underwater. Also, lots got bored soon after with little actual new gameplay.

When I saw the mermaid swimming on top of the water out to sea I thought why don't she go underwater and show us the mermaid worlds, but no she could not from what the reviews say it's not an underground mermaid part. We can not dive or swim underwater, I do not think we can with our pools either.
    Of course, we could if they cared to give us the feature. Lots of simmers want to pay Game Pack prices. I will buy this Pack because of the furniture, build/buy and new hair and outfits.

I agree should be a lower cost, because of its low budget I truly believe they made it with the budget of a game Pack. and in turn, we should get half off very soon.

This Island Living Pack should have been a Vacation world, I think they got lazy and gave it to us as just a normal world, How disappointing. I think this world was low budget cheap to make. To make it a Vacation world with hotels and water rides and such, they would have had to actually entertain us. Giving it to us as a normal world put the burden of making it fun after buy on the player.

The fact that I feel I will be disappointed after buy I wait. Game changer seems to be bored with it, and it looks like they try hard to pull some gameplay out of it.

It has flashy looks that's for sure. That would make it irresistible in a half off sale. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    I bought most of my Expansions and Gameplay Packs at instant-gaming.com. IL is already cheaper there than through origin - 29 €.
  • Options

So that 29 € is 32.57 USD. that's not what we are looking for we want true half off sale 39.99 to half off 19.99.
    Why this would be good for them, It will greatly increase their sales. Sells equals reputation. This Pack at half off is reasonable because its a Pack and not a new game but an addiction to a game we already own,
    well we do not own it, but we have the right to play Sims 4 and any add on packs we buy. As long as we are allowed, I never read the small print, because I know small print is small for a reason, never seems to be in my favor.
    Some want a box with the disk, I think you have the same rights with or without.

Just remember they are much smarter then we are, I worry that they plan away this time to get their money back from giving us our usual half off sale. maybe, maybe not?
    Can you think of something that we are about to pay for that we got for free before? The truth I do not know, I do wonder.

Should we be nice to each other and announce sales to all Simmers on the forum. :) I think it would be nice.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @simmer_jay congratz on buying your first home!!! Did the same last year and it's been a truly rewarding - but expensive - journey. Hope you'll love living in it <3

FYI, I've used cdkeys many times and they're definitely legit :) I don't think you need to worry about anything there. But if you really wanna wait for an Origin sale, those happen fairly frequently. But when exactly is, of course, anyone's guess. Hope you get to play soon!
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Last two expansion packs I got went on sale at Target stores in US about a month after their release. I bought physical copies at a store, but sometimes they also go on sale online and you get the download code sent to your email. Same with Wal-Mart or Amazon. They have separate sales than Origin. Stuff packs even went on sale once on target.
  • Options
    Awe thanks so much @SimTrippy :heart:
    I’m really excited but I know I have to be careful with spending now!

Ok, thanks everyone. I’ll just keep my eyes open. If anyone happens to see it go on sale, let me know :wink:
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm definitely interested in a sale as well, but unfortunately here in Greece there is only a limited number of times when sales happen. Currently, there's only a 5% coupon that I can use in a local store, so I guess I'll do that. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    Some of the packs are on sale in the US this week at Target. Unfortunately, not Island Living though.

Says the sale is 10% off...but some are more than that. For example, Movie Hangout Stuff is $7.73, which is like 22-23% off.
    Vampires and Spa Day is 33% off.

Here's what I found...

Vintage Glamour Stuff (PC) $8.99
    Movie Hangout Stuff (PC) $7.73
    Perfect Patio Stuff (PC) $8.09
    Romantic Garden Stuff (PC) $8.09
    Luxury Party Stuff (PC) $8.99
    Kids Room Stuff (PC) $8.99
    Cool Kitchen Stuff (PC) $8.99
    Vampires (PC) $13.40
    Spa Day (PC) $13.40
    Get Together (PC) $35.99
    Get Famous (PC) $32.99
    City Living (PC) $32.99
    Cats & Dogs (XBOX1) $35.99
    Sims 4 + Cats & Dogs Bundle (XBOX1) $44.99

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sometimes Target runs amazing sales. I got C&D for 50% off using the target app on release day. I got CL for ~$16 on CD Keys, but the price there fluctuates A LOT so it’s not always a huge discount, but I think you will always pay less than retail price, even if it’s just a few bucks sometimes.

You could wait for an Origin sale, but honestly the deals there usually aren’t that good and they exclude newer packs a lot of the time from going on sale.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    From what I remember about Origin sales, they seem to like to give sales around a holiday, also they give summer sales, to me we should have a sale in July, or did we miss it already, they never tell, and they will not announce a sale beforehand. When you sign into Origin you can just check what's on sales, check under Sims.

Stores that give Sims sales or expansion packs sales never say they are just a surprise, mostly they are also in July, it should be soon unless we have missed one. I would say check daily now. When I miss the summer sales I have to wait until Sept or November. That's hard time :D 🤣😢
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I’m waiting for one, so hopefully soon!
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    [quote="SimTrippy;c-17149773"]@simmer_jay congratz on buying your first home!!! Did the same last year and it's been a truly rewarding - but expensive - journey. Hope you'll love living in it <3

FYI, I've used cdkeys many times and they're definitely legit :) I don't think you need to worry about anything there. But if you really wanna wait for an Origin sale, those happen fairly frequently. But when exactly is, of course, anyone's guess. Hope you get to play soon! [/quote]

Ah, slightly off topic, but really glad to hear you've had a positive experience with CDKeys. I was going to get a pack when the origin sale was on, but had a few unexpected bills and of course it's finished now. I found CD keys last night and was wondering if the price was too good to be true. As it puts some packs I don't yet have back in to my budget!

Back on topic. I'm in the UK. I think they currently have IL on there for £22 or £25. Worth a look!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Target is apparently having a huge online sale next week, that Im going to be keeping an eye on. Im not expecting IL to be on there, but fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @simmer_jay congratz on buying your first home!!! Did the same last year and it's been a truly rewarding - but expensive - journey. Hope you'll love living in it <3

FYI, I've used cdkeys many times and they're definitely legit :) I don't think you need to worry about anything there. But if you really wanna wait for an Origin sale, those happen fairly frequently. But when exactly is, of course, anyone's guess. Hope you get to play soon!

Ah, slightly off topic, but really glad to hear you've had a positive experience with CDKeys. I was going to get a pack when the origin sale was on, but had a few unexpected bills and of course it's finished now. I found CD keys last night and was wondering if the price was too good to be true. As it puts some packs I don't yet have back in to my budget!

Back on topic. I'm in the UK. I think they currently have IL on there for £22 or £25. Worth a look!

I got it from CD Keys for £25 about a week ago. I've bought at least one Sims packs from there before then and also DLC for a different game and it's always worked well for me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.