Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't move to another sim house?

I try but I can't. I have the option to ask to move but each time I try to send my sims in his house I can't, it's in grey. Why?
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm not getting a very clear idea of what you are trying to do there. Sims should be able to move to a new house by way of the phone/computer or Edit Town. If a sim in the household is going through some sort of transition and got stuck, then the move command might be blocked. Or are you trying to get another sim to move in with yours?

Given your posting history though, I do have to ask -- I know many players enjoy both games, but is this a question about TS3 or are you playing TS4?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm not getting a very clear idea of what you are trying to do there. Sims should be able to move to a new house by way of the phone/computer or Edit Town. If a sim in the household is going through some sort of transition and got stuck, then the move command might be blocked. Or are you trying to get another sim to move in with yours?

Given your posting history though, I do have to ask -- I know many players enjoy both games, but is this a question about TS3 or are you playing TS4?

For example if I flirt with X sim then I want my Y sim to leave in the house from X I can't. I have the interaction ''ask to move'' (or I don't know how it's called when the game is in english) and then I can only choose to live with X but in the house from Y. I can't do the inverse. That's annoying cause X is rich and has a big house... I know my english isn't perfect when I have to explain long issues haha.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited July 2019
    Oh, yes that's the Ask If I Can Move In function. It actually should be a matter of the friendly relationship between the two sims, not how romantic they are as new housemates can be good friends, blood relatives, etc. and don't need to be romantic. If you chat the two sims up socially, not with flirts, and they already like each other, does the command not show up that way? It's much easier to get Ask (Sim X) to Move In to show up, but as you said that's the reverse of what you wanted.

Can you not force the move-in by merging the households through Edit Town? Perhaps the target sim's household is already full? If not averse to using Mods, NRaas MasterController can also make this happen with its Add Sim command. But again we need to confirm that this is actually a TS3 question and not TS4.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Oh, yes that's the Ask If I Can Move In function. It actually should be a matter of the friendly relationship between the two sims, not how romantic they are as new housemates can be good friends, blood relatives, etc. and don't need to be romantic. If you chat the two sims up socially, not with flirts, and they already like each other, does the command not show up that way? It's much easier to get Ask (Sim X) to Move In to show up, but as you said that's the reverse of what you wanted.

Can you not force the move-in by merging the households through Edit Town? Perhaps the target sim's household is already full? If not averse to using Mods, NRaas MasterController can also make this happen with its Add Sim command. But again we need to confirm that this is actually a TS3 question and not TS4.

Yeah it's in TS3, anyway I merged them even tho I didn't want their wishes to disappear. Thanks for the help!
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited July 2019
    So now it's worst. I'm in the world from Into The Future and now I can't even merge them to live togheter...
    vOJ63bW.png
    Image taken on Google
    It's something like that, they are not even 8...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    The tool tip indicates that one of the existing households is not headed by an adult. Mods are required to work through that-- NRaas MasterController and, for the move and split interactions, NRaas Mover.

I'm not sure to what extent one is supposed to be able to do these things in Oasis Landing. It's not a regular homeworld.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    The tool tip indicates that one of the existing households is not headed by an adult. Mods are required to work through that-- NRaas MasterController and, for the move and split interactions, NRaas Mover.

I'm not sure to what extent one is supposed to be able to do these things in Oasis Landing. It's not a regular homeworld.

This is not my game, just a picture on google. Mine are all adults.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited July 2019
    Just generally speaking, not trying to be unkind or anything, I would suggest not posting screenshots of players having a problem that is different from yours as that just adds misunderstandings to the conversation--I guess that means you are not getting the no adults warning tooltip on-screen like that player was?

But anyway, again I'm not sure those kinds of splits and moves are meant to be done with actively played sims in Oasis Landing. Have you ever successfully done these before in the future world, in a different ongoing game?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited July 2019
    Just generally speaking, not trying to be unkind or anything, I would suggest not posting screenshots of players having a problem that is different from yours as that just adds misunderstandings to the conversation--I guess that means you are not getting the no adults warning tooltip on-screen like that player was?

But anyway, again I'm not sure those kinds of splits and moves are meant to be done with actively played sims in Oasis Landing. Have you ever successfully done these before in the future world, in a different ongoing game?

Sorry I understand. I could do that without any problems before but now it seems like I always have this issue. On the regular worlds too I can't move on properly in game. I always have to merge them...
    Lu4ERme.gif