Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Equesst tries CAW Part 2 *Update (June 2020) Ternion Isle*

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Ok the terrain is uneven. You can go to the layer which contains the lot and try double clicking on the lot. I will be honest this rarely works for me. So what I do is take a copy of the lot using EIG, then save, back in CAW delete the lot, level terrain (Rflong has a great post on how to do this, I can't link and am not on pc), save, redraw lot and then go into EIG and take library copy and place it save. Do not delete library copy. Back in CAW check lot boundary. The tear should be gone.

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @Bettyboop55 Thank you, I'll try that! :) I accidentally deleted the lot before I saved, but that's okay cause it wasn't too complicated to make in the first place. I'll have to look for Rflong's post about leveling terrain.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited July 2019
    You can try "conform lot". It's under the lots tab at the top. I think it's the one with the dotted line around the little house icon. Click that then click on the lot.

You can try going to an older save to find the lot you deleted?

The other thing you can do is (this is before the lot is built) - delete the lot then click "undo" - the lot will conform to the landscape.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited July 2019
    I love what you're doing with this world, it looks beautiful. So full of character <3 Your boardwalk looks wonderful!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    @KatyFernlily Thank you for help! I really appreciate it! I'll definitely have to be more careful with inspecting lots to make sure there aren't any issues with the terrain before I build on them.

@MissyHissy Thank you! I really appreciate it! The boardwalk was the first thing I started out with :)
    edited July 2019
    Some more progress on Ternion Isle :) Almost done with the CAW process, just have a bit more detailing to do and then it's time to build lots.

Here is an overview of the island as a whole:
    w4VnjBn.png

And I figured out how to add effects in SuperCAW, which I know is easy to do, but it makes the world seem more realistic.
    ikRbWQl.png

bkBANqM.png
    Looks gorgeous, very nice <3 The effects really do finish it off nicely, don't they?
    @MissyHissy Thank you! :) I agree, I really love the effects!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Awesome~ I remember how excited I was when I was able to add those effects so I'm with you- Woot! :bigsmile: :mrgreen:
    @Rflong7 Thank you!! :mrgreen: I'm having lots of fun! It almost makes me want to create a medium world, but I'm out of ideas for now! :#
    If you have the CAW bug, you'll find many themes. :mrgreen:

Remember, a medium map can be a small island with dive lots. =
    @Rflong7 That's true!!! And I want to try to create dive lots... hmm :mrgreen:
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Gorgeous <3 Ternion Isle looks so pretty, and the effects add so much realism! You've packed so much detail into such a small world, and your terrain painting is lovely!
    @KhemKat19 Thank you very much! <3 I appreciate it!
    edited August 2019
    I finished the detailing and sculpting of Ternion Isle! Now it's time to work on building all of the lots for the world.
    In a coincidence, there are 70 lots total: 35 commercial and 35 residential (one 64x64 lot).

i5yruxi.jpg

TTwf6Eg.jpg
    Looks beautiful and very peaceful <3 I love all the greenery around the island.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @equuest :D ,

You have created a gorgeous little island!!! <3
    Can't wait till you have finished building and placing the lots and upload it so I can send my sims to that beautiful beach :)
    @MissyHissy Thank you! I love trees. <3

@Hidehi Thank you! I've started building some lots and playtesting while building. :) I have midterms this week, but I'll upload pictures of the lots as a go along.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    This is looking really good :) Great landscaping with all those trees among the boulders. I particularly like the area round the lighthouse.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    @Bettyboop55 Thank you! The lighthouse is one of my favorite parts on the island!
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited September 2019
    Very well planned island. Looking at pics it's clear that every tree and rock are on right place, they also compose very nice in realistic looking way. :wink: I wish I could manage space in CAW that well. I do it in to much wasteful way. :lol:
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I have been checking your island and everything is so perfectly done. I do not have showtime. Will that be a requirement?
  • IvilithIvilith Posts: 3 New Member
    Is it already available for download anywhere? I wouldn't mind it to be empty, it's just so gorgeous I need it now.
    equuest wrote: »
    How do I fix this lot tearing?

81Shswm.jpg

Hi :)

I missed this and I know I'm late. :disappointed:

The thing with dock lots is the dock has to be at a certain level to the water. If you conform or reset the lot in CAW/EIG without testing, it can mess the lot up and boats will not be able to leave the dock. It's a pain.

The best thing to try is to export your map and then import it. Most of the time it will fix the easy rips. Still have to test the lot, ofc. :)

edited October 2019
    Hello everyone! Sorry for my absence I've been busy with school.

@chojrak Thank you! :) I think that having space between lots is a great thing! I just wanted to see how much I could squeeze into one space.

@snowdove58 That is a good question. This is my first world so I'm not entirely sure what packs I used for the world. I know that I am not going to use store content, but I need to figure out which packs I used. I'll get back to you on whether or not showtime is a requirement :) Thank you for the compliments!

@Ivilith The world isn't available for download yet because I was working on building up the lots for the world. I could try to upload it as an empty world if that is something that you're interested in? Although a lot of the lot sizes are not regular lot sizes as was something I realized I should have done after placing the lots. Thank you! :)

@Rflong7 Thank you for the advice! :) I actually decided that there probably wasn't enough space for houseboats in the world since I used most of the space for the island itself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top