Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I come back after almost 3 years to find a new sense of appreciation for Island Paradise

barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiW1SLPrB5k

There are NO words that can convince me that Island Living is a step in the right direction and it keeps making me feel like THERE IS NO HOPE for this iteration of The Sims AT ALL. No, please, The Sims 3 haters, can you honestly say, Island Living was worth the $40 price tag when you see a 2009 engine that gave us Island Paradise? I'm so frustrated, I really give up sims team. You've won and I lost. I can no longer support this game as it's devs continue to slap their hardcore fanbase that MANY like myself have been here since The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2019
    Honestly, Island Living is the extension pack of what should have been in Seasons. We just got a 40 dollar world if you ask me. Tanning, lounge chairs, ocean swimming should have been in seasons. Those are pretty much the highlight of the pack. Everything else is fluff and rabbitholes. Mermaids are nothing special. They have a tail in water otherwise they would be just like every other sim. They should have given them a trait system like vamps.

I took a break for a week or so from Sulani and went back today to play off the grid...still bored. I don't know. I am going to try that resort mod to try to help it along.

EDIT: Even the music is bad in my opinion...lol
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is what mermaids could have been. This actually happened. And as some said...uh, why did they remove it. :D

The first time The Sims 4 team tested out mermaids for the game’s upcoming expansion, things immediately went haywire. The first mermaid, a “crazy fish face dude” according to the producer who created him, summoned a thunderstorm in public. The game world turned into chaotic mayhem, with Sims dying in the water, stripping naked, and descending into complete panic as a result.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2019
    Some people love Get Famous but it was with that pack that I lost my hope. Somehow I was expecting a new version identical to The Sims Superstar, but we just got one career, reputation system, social influencers that I personally don't care at all and the most fake and worst world so far also for 40 dollars. Another players will feel the same with other packs eventually. Island Living is the most ridiculous of all. Its hard to tell one pack I real love. I only kinda accept seasons because the calendar is really cool to be honest but even that for 40 dollars seems a lot! I don't even question people preferences and I don't care if people love version X or version Y. I just don't understand how players just accept this prices. I mean... in non galaxy The Sims 4 expansions have the same value as The Sims 3 ones. ITS CRAZY! I also lost hope in Maxis, not only EA. So much that I wished a new life simulator game for a long time now and just yesterday I was on twitter when I saw an indie game in early development called Paralives and it promises to be the "Cities Skylines" for The Sims. Finally! It will be open world, free on customization including objects, windows free size manipulation, round walls, cars, seasons and pets, etc... all of this in one base game that will be single player with suport on steam and custom content with steam workshop... I literally cried when I saw so little information about that but it was already better than The Sims 4 at 5 years. If you don't know what Im talking just google it. ITS REAL. ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!
    Post edited by Renato10 on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yeah.... Island Living is not an EP at all. Really frustrated at the fact that I purchased it full price. After 1 day of playing with it I realized there was barely any content. City Living has more content that this EP and it's still a terrible one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Yup, island living, MAJOR disappointment. And it's not that i wouldn't waiting it. I was. i have waited so long island theme pack and we got this. Tanning, sunburns, swimming on ocean and sandcastles should be in seasons 100%. and basically it's all this pack has to offer. the mermaids feels so rushed and are just boring.
    Build and buy mode was looking good, but we still even got a lot less items than other expansions and well clearly they cut off a lot of features and made it half done.
    Not to mention that they have used past packs/base game items and just recolored it and used old animations but nono, STILL we have to cut things for nothing but pay for more.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks I'm going to close this one up as it went off topic with some posts I removed which broke the forum rules. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top