Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to place outrigger canoe on docking point

cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
I don't know if I am posting this in the right place, I am hoping someone knows how to make these two items connect (if they even do at all) because my canoe keeps disappearing and I am hoping that docking it will prevent this. After searching forum and google I found one "guide" that wasn't any help at all about connecting the two. Thanking you in advance....
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    They don't connect, the closest you can get is if you click on the dock while in your boat and "dock here" however that still just parks your boat adjacent to the dock, it's not tied on or slotted into place.
  • Options
    much appreciated
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sim has one in her inventory from the conservation career and I have no idea how to place it. Her home is on the water. :D
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Sharonia If its in their inventory, just click on it and select "place in world". That will put it in the water on your lot.

If its in the "family inventory" then go to build mode and check the family inventory and just place it in the water on your lot
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    @Sharonia If its in their inventory, just click on it and select "place in world". That will put it in the water on your lot.

If its in the "family inventory" then go to build mode and check the family inventory and just place it in the water on your lot

I did try that. My sim just waved her hand at me like she couldn't do it. She lives at the Lagoon Look lot and there seems to be plenty of space on the water. I'm not sure what I'm missing.
  • Options
    Well I thought "docking" it might prevent it from disappearing when I leave the game and come back but it didn't. Aqua zip disappears too so I suppose you need to put it in inventory if you want to keep it. I wonder if it does that when you are in the conservation career?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It could be related to conservation career, I never tried that career before.

If my sim is on the lot, it allows me to take hold of it (in their inventory) and drag it to the water but you got to find a spot showing green under the boat, if it shows red then the water is not deep enough to put it in that spot. I don't use the docking ladder anymore, I just use the regular one only because they waive every time when they get out of the boat, like they can't go there and I have to click on the deck to get them to go there. Using a regular ladder, if they are on the boat, at least they will sail home and automatically use the regular ladder. (in case you need this info once you figure out how to get the boat out of their inventory, LOL).

If this don't work (it won't if it shows red below the boat), try to buy another one and place it in the water.
  • Options
    No, the boat does not connect to the dock. I don't know the purpose of the dock ladder, maybe its for neighbors to visit and dock there? Maybe a restaurant so you can dock there? I doubt either one though!

It was too hard to get them to animate tying the boat to the dock is all I can figure :s
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @FairyGodMother - I don't know what the dock ladder does either - I was hoping it would allow an activity like diving or fishing. Came here looking for information.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've never had this happen with the canoe but usually the aqua zip doesn't disappear, it's just that the last sim using it usually places it in his own inventory - so if you have multiple sims you should check their inventories. I guess other sims might be stealing it inadvertently too doing this? That hasn't happened in my game though :/
  • Options
    deFafnyrdeFafnyr Posts: 10 New Member
    I wish the docking ladder was fully functional because I've bought two canoes now (not cheap!) and they've disappeared. They were in my Sim's inventory and my guess is they use it somewhere when I'm on the sim's spouse and they park it off the lot somewhere. If I could find where they parked it, I could have her swim back to it and reclaim it. I really, really wish I could tie that sucker to my dock to keep from losing it!
  • Options
    seanboydseanboyd Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Sharonia said:t
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I did try that. My sim just waved her hand at me like she couldn't do it. She lives at the Lagoon Look lot and there seems to be plenty of space on the water. I'm not sure what I'm missing.
    o
    I had the same problem - There are a few "Place In World" sweet spots and that drop the canoe in the sand --- and then you can move the canoe into the water from there. totally stupid. hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top