Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can the sims team learn from 3 & 4?

The sims team is in a few years closing off the sims 4 series, and continuing into sims 5 (most likely). What can they learn form sims 3 & 4 to combine the best aspects of each. Sims 3 & 4 are total opposites when it comes to what they focus on.

Comment down below what you want to see more of in sims 5, and what you want to see less of. Along with content that needs to be added, and content that should not make a return!

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Less realistic graphics are better.
    Communicate on the forums too, not just twitter.
    If you're going to release smaller worlds, a CAW tool should be included.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Story progression and body hair are missed features by many. That's what they should learn.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    - Open world (or at least open neighborhood where you don't run into a loading screen just by going next door) is better than loading screens
    - The holiday system in 4 is vastly superior to that of 3 (minus trick or treating, Sims 3 has that)
    - Teens need to be unique compared to YA's (I think this has a good chance of happening in a university pack minus their height)
    - Give occult players regular game play like realism players. The fact that we've had to wait almost 3 years for another permanent life state is a crime.
    - Basic NPC's are missed
    - STORY PROGRESSION. Thank God for MCCC or else I'd scream.
    - Let us edit worlds. If now CAW, let us expand on the worlds we have.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    - Open world (or at least open neighborhood where you don't run into a loading screen just by going next door) is better than loading screens
    - The holiday system in 4 is vastly superior to that of 3 (minus trick or treating, Sims 3 has that)
    - Teens need to be unique compared to YA's (I think this has a good chance of happening in a university pack minus their height)
    - Give occult players regular game play like realism players. The fact that we've had to wait almost 3 years for another permanent life state is a crime.
    - Basic NPC's are missed
    - STORY PROGRESSION. Thank God for MCCC or else I'd scream.
    - Let us edit worlds. If now CAW, let us expand on the worlds we have.

Ok, definitely don’t make teens the same height as elders, adults and young adults they should learn that as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    We don't like slow laggy games with bad graphics. :D
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Single player will always be king. If you're going to make online multiplayer, it should be a side feature
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited July 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Single player will always be king. If you're going to make online multiplayer, it should be a side feature

Honestly they shouldn't even be spending any budget on that. I want the main game to be a good sims experience and not a Habbo knockoff. Don't want online touching the sims at all.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Honestly they shouldn't even be spending any budget on that. I want the main game to be a good sims experience and not a Habbo knockoff. Don't want online touching the sims at all.

I don't play online multiplayer either, but it seems like EA still wants to push it, given recent games like Anthem
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited July 2019

I don't play online multiplayer either, but it seems like EA still wants to push it, given recent games like Anthem

Bioware's Anthem, the big trash flop they put out sometime ago? The game that was also suppose to be a live service but it's instead dead in the trenches? The game the developers didn't even know what it was about until a few months before release? The game which EA made a fake presentation about at E3? I don't think so. EA needs to wake up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    EA have some weird dislike for singleplayer so they seem to make (force) their studios to make multiplayer ones or somehow add it.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i hope they just learn their lessons from sims 4's launch.

make sure everything that was basic in other games is there before even considering putting a release date on it. pools, ghosts, toddlers, npcs like burglars and firemen, cars, etc. we're still missing some of these 5 years into sims 4 and its all because their dev time went to developing an online only game instead of the singleplayer sandbox it is today.

just focus on what makes the sims the SIMS. there's other life simulators that have that field covered, and caters to an entire different section of players. i don't play the sims to talk to people, i play it to play with freakin' pixelated dolls LOL.

the gallery is great though in the sims 4. i want it in the sims 5. it was very frustrating for me playing sims 3 when i realized i couldn't just go on the gallery and pull out a house from someone else without leaving the entire game.

some online is good, especially when its optional and doesn't affect your gameplay if its off.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited July 2019

This is a big thing for me. It seems like a lot simmers aren't big into other game types. Personally, I don't play ANY other games and I always turn online features off. I want them to stay away from multiplayer, back away from RPG's a little, and go back towards the dollhouse we started with. I think a lot of the issues in Sims 4, at least in the beginning, stemmed from them trying to make it an online multiplayer game. Even they realized it was a mistake, and started over. Next time, they need to not even try.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't want another game that looks like cartoon network.
    cheescaeks wrote: »

make sure everything that was basic in other games is there before even considering putting a release date on it. pools, ghosts, toddlers, npcs like burglars and firemen, cars, etc. we're still missing some of these 5 years into sims 4 and its all because their dev time went to developing an online only game instead of the singleplayer sandbox it is today.

just focus on what makes the sims the SIMS. there's other life simulators that have that field covered, and caters to an entire different section of players. i don't play the sims to talk to people, i play it to play with freakin' pixelated dolls LOL.

the gallery is great though in the sims 4. i want it in the sims 5. it was very frustrating for me playing sims 3 when i realized i couldn't just go on the gallery and pull out a house from someone else without leaving the entire game.

some online is good, especially when its optional and doesn't affect your gameplay if its off.

The gallery is the one online feature I'll accept in the games, honestly. I don't want multiplayer or anything of that sort.
    edited July 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »

The Gallery wasn't the online feature I had in mind when I wrote that ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2019
    We should be looking at all the Sims games.
    I never played the original sims, so I can't draw from it.

TS2
    -Aspiration Failure
    -Fears
    -Interests
    -Memories
    -Private schools and Garden club game play. Plus any new ones they can think of.
    -Enemies and Rivals that have cause and effect according to how you treat other sims
    -Attraction
    -Cool, useful, and funny aspiration and career rewards
    -Cars that actually drive onto the lot and into the garage.
    -Socially aware
    -Special NPCs

TS3
    -Open world (cut up into districts with loading screens between districts if necessary)
    -Create-A-Style
    -More emphasis on Traits and the uniqueness of sims, and compatible and incompatible social behaviors built in. Let emotions be expressed according to their traits.
    -Freedom to edit the world and build your own.
    -Open world travel with a variety of transportation options. Speed according to what you want to spend on the transportation.
    -Collectables spawned around the world. You never know what you will find and where you will find it. Makes exploring fun.
    -Wishes/whims driven by the sim's current situation, personality, skills, needs, traits, and surroundings. No odd ball wishes that have no relation to anything.
    -Story Progression NRAAS style. I want some say over what progression is allowed to do.

TS4
    -TS4 aesthetic for its sims and the world. However, more detailed meshes (less blocky and not so thick) and more detailed textures.
    -TS4 build mode
    -Build/Buy search
    -Hats with any hairstyles, shoes with any outfit
    -Multitasking (without musical chairs).
    -Emotions, but not more important than personality and uniqueness of sims.
    -If we have no choice but TS4 styled worlds, there must be more than 5 lots per district and that district has to be open with no loading screens to enter lots within the district. Heck, I want 10-15 lots within a district and 40-60 for the world.

Combinations
    TS2 and TS3 traits.

I like all the trait choices that came with The Sims 3, but I also liked TS2's personality sliders.
    TS2 allowed for a more fine tuning of their personality. The problem with TS2 was there were only 5 sliders.
    Shy/Outgoing, Grouchy/Nice, Serious/Playful, Sloppy/Neat, Lazy/Active. We should have 10-15 of these duality sliders or more. I would also like to have reward traits that we can earn for sims as we play. These could be very specific traits without a slider range.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Don't forget to focus on sims themselves first, make sims with great personalities, traits, wishes, fears, emotions, behaviours, reactions, relations and all that should be coherent according each sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    At least have open neighbourhoods as I do miss open worlds, use emotions and memories for sims and have the ability to live/travel to other worlds like sims 4. I would love the colour wheel back but only if it doesn’t cause lag in the game. Also please bring back favourites and star signs as I really miss them, especially star signs they have been in the game since sims 1 and I don’t understand why sims 4 doesn’t have them.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Imo:

The Sims 3 - Give your players creative freedom

The Sims 4 - Make your game playable with all packs installed, fun and more rewarding
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    We should be looking at all the Sims games.
    I never played the original sims, so I can't draw from it.

TS2
    -Aspiration Failure
    -Fears
    -Interests
    -Memories
    -Private schools and Garden club game play. Plus any new ones they can think of.
    -Enemies and Rivals that have cause and effect according to how you treat other sims
    -Cool, useful, and funny aspiration and career awards
    -Cars that actually drive onto the lot and into the garage.
    -Socially aware
    -Special NPCs

TS3
    -Open world (cut up into districts with loading screens between districts if necessary)
    -Create-A-Style
    -More emphasis on Traits and the uniqueness of sims, and compatible and incompatible social behaviors built in. Let emotions be expressed according to their traits.
    -Freedom to edit the world and build your own.
    -Open world travel with a variety of transportation options. Speed according to what you want to spend on the transportation.
    -Collectables spawned around the world. You never know what you will find and where you will find it. Makes exploring fun.
    -Wishes/whims driven by the sim's current situation, personality, skills, needs, traits, and surroundings. No odd ball wishes that have no relation to anything.
    -Story Progression NRAAS style. I want some say over what progression is allowed to do.

TS4
    -TS4 aesthetic for its sims and the world. However, more detailed meshes (less blocky and not so thick) and more detailed textures.
    -TS4 build mode
    -Build/Buy search
    -Hats with any hairstyles, shoes with any outfit
    -Multitasking (without musical chairs).
    -Emotions, but not more important than personality and uniqueness of sims.
    -If we have no choice but TS4 styled worlds, there must be more than 5 lots per district and that district has to be open with no loading screens to enter lots within the district. Heck, I want 10-15 lots within a district and 40-60 for the world.

Combinations
    TS2 and TS3 traits.

I like all the trait choices that came with The Sims 3, but I also liked TS2's personality sliders.
    TS2 allowed for a more fine tuning of their personality. The problem with TS2 was there were only 5 sliders.
    Shy/Outgoing, Grouchy/Nice, Serious/Playful, Sloppy/Neat, Lazy/Active. We should have 10-15 of these duality sliders or more. I would also like to have reward traits that we can earn for sims as we play. These could be very specific traits without a slider range.

ALL of this! This post reflects all the things I'm always thinking about but forget when people ask.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    They can learn from both 3 and 4 that they need to steer back in the direction of Sims 2.
    #Team Occult
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    They can learn from both 3 and 4 that they need to steer back in the direction of Sims 2.

*Claps* I couldn't agree with you more
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

LiELF wrote: »

Not in terms of worlds or graphics, I hope. I'm not going back to those old graphics.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Honestly? To me it doesn't seem that hard.

Sims 4 got a lot right. CAS and build more are, I think, the best they've ever been in terms of being able to use them as tools and play with them. So truthfully all I would need the team to do to create the perfect game is to bring in the CAS and build mode of 4, but open up more lots at once. It doesn't have to be an open world concept like 3, but perhaps have 4-5 lots loaded at a time might be the happy medium.

Also, I feel like for them to recapture the magic of the sims they need to create more sandbox like options, with both positive and negative consequences that can vary and change with each unique personality of the the sim. That, to me, would be lasting and engaging game play. Personalities need to be way more impactful in the outside world of the sims than just changing their moods. Avoid rabbithole options if they can.

That being said, please keep the moods! I like those too. I think I'm just the "I want it all" type of simmer :lol:

Oh, and the gallery!! One HUNDRED percent keep the gallery. That thing is a LIFEsaver.