Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THREAD CLOSED

12345679...Next

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    What is filled to the brim with game play about Island living?

Snorkelling?
    Rabbit hole “diving” - it is beyond pathetic that staring at a buoy whilst waiting for a sim to appear is considered game play.
    Rabbit hole cave -again see point above.
    “Cultural festivals” I.e watch sims dance round the Windenburg bonfire whilst doing the Windenburg fire dance. Some sims talk in the back ground. - not new - in fact it makes the festivals in city living look excellent and they already reused a ton of base game content that by the devs admission nobody was playing with.
    Watching sims “sunbathe” on appropriate spots with a towel or lounge chair. Except the sim looks like uncomfortable and there is no multi tasking. It’s akin to watching paint dry. Also worth pointing out that by sims I mean teens, young adults, adults and elders because for some reason children can’t sunbathe or tan/burn.
    Watching sims pick up trash. Wow. Exciting stuff.
    Watching sims make the same sand sculptures over and over.
    Sims with tails - mermaids. Can’t have mer children and no underwater lot for them but they can change the weather and drain a sim of their needs - if you are lucky. Mermaids live on the land.

Now when you consider that only ONE of those activities is permitted outside Sulani, it really doesn’t seem like EA are living up to their own definition of expansion pack: “large packs that expand your game and take your sims on new adventures”

New rabbit hole adventures more like.

So, just like some other people here you don't consider Sims to have any gameplay whatsoever.
    Because again

Every.
    Interaction.
    In.
    The.
    Game.
    Works.
    Like.
    That.

Workout = Click on machine, watch Sim cycle through an animation for a few minutes. JUST like the things you listed.
    Jogging = Watch Sim cycle through an animation for a few minutes. JUST Like the things you listed.
    Cooking = Watch Sim cycle through an animation for a few minutes. JUST like the thins you listed.

And so on and so forth.

So you obviously hate all sims games and should not play the Sims. Because Sims 1 - 3 was ALSO exactly like that.

In short, none of your points above makes any sense unless this specific pack was the first Sims game you every played ever.

Edit: So to answer your first sentence. Yes. And I love that gameplay. This pack is obviously right up my alley, while not yours. If I could get my money back for Seasons I would take that offer... While I consider this a core pack I would never start the game without, just like City LIving.
    I play Sims 3 and I can assure you there’s much more to the game than click - watch animation, click - watch animation. If there wouldn’t be more to it, I would have stopped playing the game a long time ago (as I have stopped playing Sims 4 for this reason). What you describe is best explained for me when you compare WA and JA. In WA your sim enters a tomb that can look completely harmless and empty. Is it though? That’s where the searching and exploring and puzzling begins. Sure, at the end of the day it’s all objects your sim interacts with, but it’s all part of a process. In JA the ‘traps’ are objects you click and you choose. Click and choose. Click and choose. And when you click and choose long enough hurray, you’ll finish the temple. Finishing a tomb in Sims 3 is always a bit of a shame for me. Like finishing a good book. Finishing the temple was nothing but a desillusion.

I have played Sims 1 up until Vacation. Not only was it utterly boring and frustrating, but it also tripled my loading times. Made me stop playing the game.

I played Sims 2. Bon Voyage was my last pack. Same exact story, actually, hardware wise. Not at all as boring, but also tripled my loading times.

I played Sims 3 up until Seasons. Unlike 1 and 2 I was jumping packs, as I said. I bought Island Paradise and Supernatural together in a sale, but never played them. The reason here was less a specific pack, I was just tired of the game.

So far I am not tired of Sims 4, I bought it on release day and WAS tired of it for a bit right at the beginning; I bought Outdoor retreat, found it pointless, stopped playing, stumbled over the release ad for Vampires and went back in and never regretted it since.

As for the dungeons / crypts. I love Jungle Adventure, and never finished more than one dungeon in World Adventure. It was just frustrating to me. Just like many others I only used the pack for the plants. And maybe to go on a vacation ONCE, learn martial arts and then never actually leave the dojo just go home as soon as you unlocked the skill.

Ok. You all need to stop plum on WA. It's literally one of the best packs in this franchise. So....underrated. I understand how the adventure story lines might not be typical of a sim's game...but so isn't Strangerville which many were ok with even though it was kind of garbage, so stop trying to put it down. WA is a pack that I would put up there with Bon Voyage, Open For Business and Makin Magic. That pack is absolutely huge, there's like 4 or so new skills in it, basically the whole collectable system in TS3, nectar making which includes a ton of harvestable combinations including new grape types and different types of nectar quality, martial arts which includes teleporting, sparing, tournaments with rankings, there's snake enchanting, photography with a whole photography collection, mummies, 6 new different songs sims can learn, 2 new greetings, eating with chopsticks, the passport vacation system, relics and loot rarity (contemporary, antique, ancient etc.), new recipes of ethnic foods, 3 new amazing looking worlds, camping gear, traps and ways of torturing sims, the introduction of basements to the franchise, the list never ends honestly.

JA is constricted to how the worlds of TS4 work, they had to make due with what they had, and I find that GP fairly enjoyable for a GP, plus the world looks nice and it did bring two new skills and some new animations and death types and new collectables, plus skeletons and some new dangers.

I mean I payed double for Island Living and that pack has 0 new skills, a ton of recycled animations, rabbit hole scuba diving, rabbit hole careers, and 0 impact on gameplay other than a few small things like travelling through boat and ocean swimming. And once again they decided to put lot exclusive traits in it. I don't approve.

I didn't like Strangerville. Open for business was BOOOORING, Making Magic I never bought because it didn't interest me (like I will skip the magic pack coming this fall unless it's amazing, because witches has never held my interest in any shape, way or form ever). So maybe further explaining why I didn't like WA, and you did, since your other good packs are packs I didn't like either :)

They aren't my other good packs though. They are the vast majority's favourite packs. I don't know anyone who wasn't into having their own business as a teen in TS2. Or taking sims to vacations or playing with Magic on TS1. It just seems like you have a very peculiar way of playing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Snorkelling?
    Rabbit hole “diving” - it is beyond pathetic that staring at a buoy whilst waiting for a sim to appear is considered game play.
    “Cultural festivals” I.e watch sims dance round the Windenburg bonfire whilst doing the Windenburg fire dance. Some sims talk in the back ground. - not new - in fact it makes the festivals in city living look excellent and they already reused a ton of base game content that by the devs admission nobody was playing with.
    Watching sims “sunbathe” on appropriate spots with a towel or lounge chair. Except the sim looks like uncomfortable and there is no multi tasking. It’s akin to watching paint dry. Also worth pointing out that by sims I mean teens, young adults, adults and elders because for some reason children can’t sunbathe or tan/burn.
    Sims with tails - mermaids. Can’t have mer children and no underwater lot for them but they can change the weather and drain a sim of their needs - if you are lucky. Mermaids live on the land.

Now when you consider that only ONE of those activities is permitted outside Sulani, it really doesn’t seem like EA are living up to their own definition of expansion pack: “large packs that expand your game and take your sims on new adventures”

So, just like some other people here you don't consider Sims to have any gameplay whatsoever.
    Because again

Every.
    Interaction.
    In.
    The.
    Game.
    Works.
    Like.
    That.

Workout = Click on machine, watch Sim cycle through an animation for a few minutes. JUST like the things you listed.
    Jogging = Watch Sim cycle through an animation for a few minutes. JUST Like the things you listed.
    Cooking = Watch Sim cycle through an animation for a few minutes. JUST like the thins you listed.

And so on and so forth.

So you obviously hate all sims games and should not play the Sims. Because Sims 1 - 3 was ALSO exactly like that.

In short, none of your points above makes any sense unless this specific pack was the first Sims game you every played ever.

Edit: So to answer your first sentence. Yes. And I love that gameplay. This pack is obviously right up my alley, while not yours. If I could get my money back for Seasons I would take that offer... While I consider this a core pack I would never start the game without, just like City LIving.
    I play Sims 3 and I can assure you there’s much more to the game than click - watch animation, click - watch animation. If there wouldn’t be more to it, I would have stopped playing the game a long time ago (as I have stopped playing Sims 4 for this reason). What you describe is best explained for me when you compare WA and JA. In WA your sim enters a tomb that can look completely harmless and empty. Is it though? That’s where the searching and exploring and puzzling begins. Sure, at the end of the day it’s all objects your sim interacts with, but it’s all part of a process. In JA the ‘traps’ are objects you click and you choose. Click and choose. Click and choose. And when you click and choose long enough hurray, you’ll finish the temple. Finishing a tomb in Sims 3 is always a bit of a shame for me. Like finishing a good book. Finishing the temple was nothing but a desillusion.

I have played Sims 1 up until Vacation. Not only was it utterly boring and frustrating, but it also tripled my loading times. Made me stop playing the game.

I played Sims 2. Bon Voyage was my last pack. Same exact story, actually, hardware wise. Not at all as boring, but also tripled my loading times.

I played Sims 3 up until Seasons. Unlike 1 and 2 I was jumping packs, as I said. I bought Island Paradise and Supernatural together in a sale, but never played them. The reason here was less a specific pack, I was just tired of the game.

So far I am not tired of Sims 4, I bought it on release day and WAS tired of it for a bit right at the beginning; I bought Outdoor retreat, found it pointless, stopped playing, stumbled over the release ad for Vampires and went back in and never regretted it since.

As for the dungeons / crypts. I love Jungle Adventure, and never finished more than one dungeon in World Adventure. It was just frustrating to me. Just like many others I only used the pack for the plants. And maybe to go on a vacation ONCE, learn martial arts and then never actually leave the dojo just go home as soon as you unlocked the skill.

Ok. You all need to stop plum on WA. It's literally one of the best packs in this franchise. So....underrated. I understand how the adventure story lines might not be typical of a sim's game...but so isn't Strangerville which many were ok with even though it was kind of garbage, so stop trying to put it down. WA is a pack that I would put up there with Bon Voyage, Open For Business and Makin Magic. That pack is absolutely huge, there's like 4 or so new skills in it, basically the whole collectable system in TS3, nectar making which includes a ton of harvestable combinations including new grape types and different types of nectar quality, martial arts which includes teleporting, sparing, tournaments with rankings, there's snake enchanting, photography with a whole photography collection, mummies, 6 new different songs sims can learn, 2 new greetings, eating with chopsticks, the passport vacation system, relics and loot rarity (contemporary, antique, ancient etc.), new recipes of ethnic foods, 3 new amazing looking worlds, camping gear, traps and ways of torturing sims, the introduction of basements to the franchise, the list never ends honestly.

JA is constricted to how the worlds of TS4 work, they had to make due with what they had, and I find that GP fairly enjoyable for a GP, plus the world looks nice and it did bring two new skills and some new animations and death types and new collectables, plus skeletons and some new dangers.

I mean I payed double for Island Living and that pack has 0 new skills, a ton of recycled animations, rabbit hole scuba diving, rabbit hole careers, and 0 impact on gameplay other than a few small things like travelling through boat and ocean swimming. And once again they decided to put lot exclusive traits in it. I don't approve.

I didn't like Strangerville. Open for business was BOOOORING, Making Magic I never bought because it didn't interest me (like I will skip the magic pack coming this fall unless it's amazing, because witches has never held my interest in any shape, way or form ever). So maybe further explaining why I didn't like WA, and you did, since your other good packs are packs I didn't like either :)

They aren't my other good packs though. They are the vast majority's favourite packs. I don't know anyone who wasn't into having their own business as a teen in TS2. Or taking sims to vacations or playing with Magic on TS1. It just seems like you have a very peculiar way of playing.

I think... the Business thing is a very American thing. For me, owning my own business, or pretending to own my own business has never been a goal, or even a what-if. Or an ideal. Or anything. I remember trying it once, getting bored very quickly. I only kept the pack installed so I could get Servos.
    ...God I Miss them. SO much better than the stupid plumbots in Sims 3.

And no, I have yet to "own" a retail lot in Sims 4 either btw. Nor a vet clinic, bakery or restaurant. Doesn't interest me at all.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    @pepperjax1230 I've been pretty specific about what I want and what kind of gameplay I want. I was responding to other people's 'definition' of 'dollhouse' play - which apparently can be quite different depending on who you're asking. If you want to know what I personally want, just take a look at my pretty lengthy posts about it. The word you call it doesn't really matter, I want my deep, meaningful, simulation game back. Simple really.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    @pepperjax1230 I've been pretty specific about what I want and what kind of gameplay I want. I was responding to other people's 'definition' of 'dollhouse' play - which apparently can be quite different depending on who you're asking. If you want to know what I personally want, just take a look at my pretty lengthy posts about it. The word you call it doesn't really matter, I want my deep, meaningful, simulation game back. Simple really.
    Ok and I was just curious. I know everyone wants something different from the game and not everyone is getting what they really want from the game which makes it frustrating and I get that. I just use the game to be creative and tell stories but that is how I play.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ok and I was just curious. I know everyone wants something different from the game and not everyone is getting what they really want from the game which makes it frustrating and I get that. I just use the game to be creative and tell stories but that is how I play.
    Honestly, I could write entire essays about what I want from the Sims, but that might be better saved for another time and place. It's great that you get what you want from the game though, I wish I had that too. ;)

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    The game has always had supernaturals - it is part of it's make up and I am by and large a fantasy player - so I would not even have known about any new packs that were added never mind have tried them had they not added the Vamps - and having had the toddlers since Sims 2 - missing an entire life stage made the game fill totally incomplete. It's a life stage of the Sims themselves and made no sense to be missing after 10 years of including them - so true I had decided not to come back but I got an email to check them out - so I did. I liked them a lot - no question but it really would not have been enough to keep me here without the Vamps announcement and the fact these Vamps were by far the best this game has ever had cemented my return. It also opened the door in my mind to rest of the supernaturals I love.

I also can't say I have not been a bit annoyed they are taking so long to bring out the rest of the supernaturals - but new packs have been interesting, well done, and enjoyable enough to keep me loving the game....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thank you for the response @Writin_Reg. I hope Realm of Magic is everything you hope for.
    edited July 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Odd you would pick one of the most scripted expansions in Sims 3 - never mind compare an expansion to a game pack. I actually enjoy both packs by the way even if WA is one of the most scripted packs it was fun. I enjoy JA as well.
    The best Sims 4 packs are actually the game packs. Besides, I was comparing gameplay, not the amount of content there. Sims 4’s vampires (GP) are more advanced than Sims 3’s (EP). Unfortunately it seems like they are an exception. And actually the fact that WA is ‘scripted’ (in a way, you can also have your sims go there on their honeymoon and have a great time because the worlds are so adjustable) and still so immersive and challenging, rather proves my point there’s more to it than just click-animation.

NO - my sims got the bad reputation going on Honeymoon to Egypt in Sims 3. Most annoying thing to force me to go around their home town for sims weeks trying to fix their rep - so don't go giving me that - and keep in mind I love WA but I have wrote posts about that and Sims 3 ruining Honeymoons for my sims that Sims 2 did so well.

That and routing was my chief complaints with Sims 3. Eventually I fixed all the routing but it took me months - but bad reps fixing those was annoying as Hades.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It’s been less than 3 weeks and a huge number of players have expressed that they’ve done all the EP offers and aren’t impressed. Less than 3 weeks on this expansion pack that they presumably spent around a year producing. Management should be frantic at this point, clearly the budget is not being used appropriately and something needs to change immediately.

Don’t get me wrong there’s always been players finding themselves in this situation, bored with the pack not long after release, but the scale we’re seeing with this pack is unheard of. There is no way things are sunshine and rainbows at Maxis right now.

I still think it's an issue of "I don't find what's to do FUN" than "there's nothing to do". This pack has as much to do as any other pack. But if you don't find what is there entertaining, of course you will get bored.

Is that supposed to mean something? My point being a huge number of players are expressing dissatisfaction with the pack, it doesn’t matter what it has because what it has clearly does not appeal to a lot of people. As I said, Maxis should be concerned looking at the reception to this pack. < 3 weeks for a year’s worth of dev time is a nightmare and a big red flag that they went wrong somewhere and it needs addressed to avoid this in the future. When things happen on this scale it’s kind hard to brush it off, last time we saw something like this they stopped making stuff packs.
    edited July 2019
    Thank you for the response @Writin_Reg. I hope Realm of Magic is everything you hope for.

ME TOO. Definitely excited to know more about it for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I don't have this pack yet, but I just find it funny how when they were first teasing this EP, the gurus keep saying "You're gonna LOVE it!" and then once it's released it turns out that a vast majority of people are extremely underwhelmed and don't even think it was worth the price.

"Vast majority" is 4 really vocal people.

LOL sure if you are using this thread as your reference. I have watched a few gamechangers even say it is not worth the money and to wait for a sale. This coming from the "marketers" of the game for EA.

And that's their OPINION. I have mine. I would definitely tell anyone that asks to never ever buy outdoor retreat and wait for a sale on Seasons, which basically only adds obstacles to the gameplay.
    NezImani wrote: »
    SatiraNL wrote: »
    I like certain things about Island Living, and it does add some stuff to the game, but not enough to call it an expansion nor for asking a price this high. It should have been a Game Pack as best, and even then there are game packs that added more gameplay than IL does. So overall disappointed with what I got for the price and that this is called an "expansion" which means we won't get a new one for a while, but I will play with it nevertheless.

Me and you both.

And this is, still, what I find so fascinating. The claim that there is not enough added gameplay, and I look at these posts and go "wow, I wonder what I see that they don't?" because it is filled to the brim with gameplay.

...and that would be YOUR OPINION. In MY opinion, it is about as worthy as a stuff pack. I spoke about the gamechangers because you CLAIMED only 4 vocal people were saying it was underwhelming which clearly you are wrong. There are definitely more than 4 people saying it is an underwhelming expansion.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2019
    @JoAnne65 @MidnightAura @Sigzy05 @Aine @drake_mccarty @knuckleduster and many more.

Thank You for understanding what I mean by gameplay. I have been trying to figure out where the disconnect is even going as far as saying interactive vs skill base gameplay. It is clear our idea of gameplay is not the same as their idea of gameplay and this is becoming a conversation going in one big circle over and over.

I am just going to stop commenting here.
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Writin_Reg the problem isn't the happy happy, it's that you don't have to work for it - it's BORING. I want some REAL stakes, and the possibility of FAILURE, which there is NONE in Sims 4. Just please make it challenging on some level, instead of just giving happy moodlet after happy moodlet - it's creepy even, because it's not normal. It's like playing a teletubbie game - super disturbing at times. Just give us SOMETHING that is challenging. That's all. I want happy sims to mean something, not just a freaky unrealistic sunshine and rainbow image of life - I want it to be meaningful, cozy and special. And Sims 4 is making that REALLY hard.

Exactly.

The Sims has never been a challenge game. You want challenges go play a sims side game or almost any other game but a Sims game. It is like playing dolls - think about it - the story your have in your head is the play - dolls do not tell you how to play them or give direction - you make the story as you see fit It is a dollhouse after all - not Dungeons and Dragons or WOW. Look how many carried on when the devs offered a challenge even as easy as it was with Strangertown and people screamed that wasn't the sims. Make up my mind.... which is it - you want challenge or you want well games you make up as you go along - the Sims. You apparently can't have both.... By the way never once had a doll or doll house that came with rules and guidance - and believe it or not they had endless play. It is what you make it and always has been.... I know I've played this game the last 20 years and still love it. All of the series I have enjoyed. I wasn't a kid when I start in 1999 testing the first game - so maybe i see it through different eyes - what can I say - it is what I make it....

Good for you, Writin_Reg - it is what you make it.

Same with the majority of us older players, who also have been playing since the first Sims iteration came out.

Nobody needs your guidance on how to play and interprete a life simulator.

Your style is for you - great - go play Sims 4 and enjoy it! Nobody's stopping you from enjoying it.

If those of us, who want to be able to give feedback of our own experiences bother you - you have the Sims 4 to relax with.

Its a happy, shallow game that will take you away from the obvious stress of us voicing our own paid for opinions.

Sims 1 is challenging. Their needs versus building a career, the Sims becoming depressed to not completing anything - it is a great challenge and a fun balancing act.

Like you keep reminding everyone over and over again - you tested the Sims - how could you forget the great gameplay?
    Post edited by knuckleduster on
  • JugaariJugaari Posts: 11 New Member
    I think you might not closed the thread yet.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    I don't have this pack yet, but I just find it funny how when they were first teasing this EP, the gurus keep saying "You're gonna LOVE it!" and then once it's released it turns out that a vast majority of people are extremely underwhelmed and don't even think it was worth the price.

LOL sure if you are using this thread as your reference. I have watched a few gamechangers even say it is not worth the money and to wait for a sale. This coming from the "marketers" of the game for EA.

And that's their OPINION. I have mine. I would definitely tell anyone that asks to never ever buy outdoor retreat and wait for a sale on Seasons, which basically only adds obstacles to the gameplay.
    I like certain things about Island Living, and it does add some stuff to the game, but not enough to call it an expansion nor for asking a price this high. It should have been a Game Pack as best, and even then there are game packs that added more gameplay than IL does. So overall disappointed with what I got for the price and that this is called an "expansion" which means we won't get a new one for a while, but I will play with it nevertheless.

Me and you both.

And this is, still, what I find so fascinating. The claim that there is not enough added gameplay, and I look at these posts and go "wow, I wonder what I see that they don't?" because it is filled to the brim with gameplay.

...and that would be YOUR OPINION. In MY opinion, it is about as worthy as a stuff pack. I spoke about the gamechangers because you CLAIMED only 4 vocal people were saying it was underwhelming which clearly you are wrong. There are definitely more than 4 people saying it is an underwhelming expansion.

If it has not been started, I’m starting a poll on wether this pack disappointed you. I want those of us who are disappointed to list one major reason they feel this pack disappointed them, and why it is not worth being called an EP and absolutely not worth $40.
    @Writin_Reg the problem isn't the happy happy, it's that you don't have to work for it - it's BORING. I want some REAL stakes, and the possibility of FAILURE, which there is NONE in Sims 4. Just please make it challenging on some level, instead of just giving happy moodlet after happy moodlet - it's creepy even, because it's not normal. It's like playing a teletubbie game - super disturbing at times. Just give us SOMETHING that is challenging. That's all. I want happy sims to mean something, not just a freaky unrealistic sunshine and rainbow image of life - I want it to be meaningful, cozy and special. And Sims 4 is making that REALLY hard.

Exactly.

The Sims has never been a challenge game. You want challenges go play a sims side game or almost any other game but a Sims game. It is like playing dolls - think about it - the story your have in your head is the play - dolls do not tell you how to play them or give direction - you make the story as you see fit It is a dollhouse after all - not Dungeons and Dragons or WOW. Look how many carried on when the devs offered a challenge even as easy as it was with Strangertown and people screamed that wasn't the sims. Make up my mind.... which is it - you want challenge or you want well games you make up as you go along - the Sims. You apparently can't have both.... By the way never once had a doll or doll house that came with rules and guidance - and believe it or not they had endless play. It is what you make it and always has been.... I know I've played this game the last 20 years and still love it. All of the series I have enjoyed. I wasn't a kid when I start in 1999 testing the first game - so maybe i see it through different eyes - what can I say - it is what I make it....

Same with the majority of us older players, who also have been playing since the first Sims iteration came out.

Your style is for you - great - go play Sims 4 and enjoy it! Nobody's stopping you from enjoying it.

If those of us, who want to be able to give feedback of our own experiences bother you - you have the Sims 4 to relax with.

Its a happy, shallow game that will take you away from the obvious stress of us voicing our own paid for opinions.

Sims 1 is challenging. Their needs versus building a career, the Sims becoming depressed to not completing anything - it is a great challenge and a fun balancing act.

Like you keep reminding everyone over and over again - you tested the Sims - how could you forget the great gameplay?

Sims 1 gameplay is plum.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019

Snorkelling?

Because again

Every.
    Interaction.
    In.
    The.
    Game.
    Works.
    Like.
    That.

And so on and so forth.

I was just thinking by the way, also some of Sims 4’s packs (EP’s and GP’s) contradict what you’re stating, we don’t even have to turn to predecessors for that. I can’t argue with statements without arguments though, like you’re doing now. “I love puddles, to me they’re so much deeper than the ocean.” That’s quite alright, we all have our preferences ;)

Not sure what you are trying to say here, really. Are you saying my experiences are invalid but yours are "facts"? As for what contradicts what? I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    No, that’s me trying to say I disagree with you.
    5JZ57S6.png

Me and you both.

If it has not been started, I’m starting a poll on wether this pack disappointed you. I want those of us who are disappointed to list one major reason they feel this pack disappointed them, and why it is not worth being called an EP and absolutely not worth $40.

And you'll get the results you want because happy players won't bother voting.
    edited July 2019
    Odd you would pick one of the most scripted expansions in Sims 3 - never mind compare an expansion to a game pack. I actually enjoy both packs by the way even if WA is one of the most scripted packs it was fun. I enjoy JA as well.
    The best Sims 4 packs are actually the game packs. Besides, I was comparing gameplay, not the amount of content there. Sims 4’s vampires (GP) are more advanced than Sims 3’s (EP). Unfortunately it seems like they are an exception. And actually the fact that WA is ‘scripted’ (in a way, you can also have your sims go there on their honeymoon and have a great time because the worlds are so adjustable) and still so immersive and challenging, rather proves my point there’s more to it than just click-animation.

NO - my sims got the bad reputation going on Honeymoon to Egypt in Sims 3. Most annoying thing to force me to go around their home town for sims weeks trying to fix their rep - so don't go giving me that - and keep in mind I love WA but I have wrote posts about that and Sims 3 ruining Honeymoons for my sims that Sims 2 did so well.

That and routing was my chief complaints with Sims 3. Eventually I fixed all the routing but it took me months - but bad reps fixing those was annoying as Hades.
    If they got the bad reputation in Egypt, they must have been flirting with another sim than their spouse. Consequences consequences. As for routing, if you’re referring to China there (indeed), that takes five minutes to fix (two lots), not months.

@JoAnne65 @MidnightAura @Sigzy05 @Aine @drake_mccarty @knuckleduster and many more.

Thank You for understanding what I mean by gameplay. I have been trying to figure out where the disconnect is even going as far as saying interactive vs skill base gameplay. It is clear our idea of gameplay is not the same as their idea of gameplay and this is becoming a conversation going in one big circle over and over.

I am just going to stop commenting here.
    Which is why I was so pleasantly surprised by Carl’s review. He just says it all, in a very factual, friendly and most of all constructive way.
    5JZ57S6.png

Me and you both.

Good point, a poll. I actually saw one here some time ago, about the pack, and the majority expressed disappointment?
    5JZ57S6.png

Me and you both.

Good point, a poll. I actually saw one here some time ago, about the pack, and the majority expressed disappointment?

You mean this one?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962020/island-living-is-it-lacking/p1

Note the amount of people who voted it’s lacking. Also note that it’s significantly higher than 4 people.

Exactly.

Sims 1 gameplay is plum.

Lol! Sims 1 game play is more in depth and realistic in sims 4 in many places.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright considering this has gotten quite off topic and has descended into arguing I'm closing it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top