The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm enjoying the conservation career and cleaning up the island, and collecting all the new collectibles. I was delighted to see the little turtles yesterday after all my Sim's hard work paid off. (She got a happy little moodlet from seeing baby turtles, too.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    I really like the world and the new cas and build items and the limited gameplay. It really should be a game back but it is what it is. The mermaids are meh, which is a shame because they could've done better. I'm probably going to place a generic lot and build my sims a 'vacation home' and when they go on holiday I'll deduct the costs like Granite Falls etc. It really is a beautiful world but the gameplay is limited and the rabbit hole diving is just stupid 😔
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I'm still having so much fun. Definitely my favorite pack after Seasons.

This, and I think I can play on the islands like forever. BUT and that is a big but, I am so much looking forward to a patch to correct the issues with toddlers and stuff sticking to everybody's hands (tired of using the resetsim button). I hate the issue that the sims living on the islands seem not to have much connection to the outside world. Whenever an islander is invited for dinner at a restaurant in another neighborhood, they can't keep their food and leave hungry. The other guests at the restaurant are stealing their food, it's a sad story, which means that I can't let any sim date another at the restaurants as I used to have so much fun with.

And what is that issue with sims using the computer and getting skills raised all the time in everything? Also they seem to recognise fish everywhere, even in their sleep! And the fruits they have in their pockets (inventory) keep splattering on the floor all by itself all the time.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    The funny thing is that after playing and exploring Sulani a lot I'm using a lot of the other pack stuff in Sulani,

- the tent and cooler (from Outdoor Retreat) to stay a weekend off work on a beach and swim with the dolphins

and now my Astronaut Sim (Get to Work), living in a beach house, is building a spaceship and using the telescope. I've never really bothered with those before. She's been in space several times, crashed several times.......met a lot of pirates and now she's got abducted which has never happened to one of my Sims before.

She can recover her health and invite all her friends to the Spa (Spa Day) I've built on a beach.

I've always thought that this game is a bit of a jigsaw. :)

I've experienced this too. When certain things are added to the game, it encourages me use items/features that I wasn't using before and can change where packs fall on my favorite lists.

I didn't use Spa Day that much before, but I intend to build a spa in Sulani with a play area for the kids for my families that visit the beach for the day.
    I have never used anything from Perfect Patio Stuff, but will when I build a home on the beach.

When Realm of Magic arrives, I will use Cats & Dogs a lot more because my Witches will have familiars (I very rarely use it now).
    Depending on if (and how) they implement farming, I would also use Cats & Dogs more to have mousers and watch dogs for the livestock.

Make sure when you make a Spa that you provide plenty of lockers. My Sim invited her 7 allowed friends to visit one with her and they didn't even stay to greet her, they all dashed to the lockers and changed into bathrobes. It was funny to watch. :)

A bed makes sure she can stay without wearing out her energy and having to go home too.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    MorriSan wrote: »
    I love it. The details are fantastic and it adds a lot to my gameplay. The location and related objects are unique looking and fit, the Islanders are not interchangable with other regions' Sims. The new waterfront lots keep me occupied but most of the lots are challenging to build on.

The off the grid play is buggy but interesting and occupying, it makes me rediscover my Sim's daily grind and provides a challenge.

I haven't played mermaids or sought them out, but that's just me and my playstyle, I was never much into fantasy lifestyles. But there is still so much else to explore.

So yes, one week of lots of play and I'm nowhere near through!

On the negative side: the bugs are legion and more are creeping up. I would be over the moon and totally satisfied if they get rid of the glitches.

I don't think off the grid even comes with this ''EP'' *cough* I meant GP at an EPs price.

That's your opinion, I don't share it. I'm busy playing with all the new stuff. It fits my playstyle wonderfully and I think it is worth the price. Would I be happier of it was cheaper? Yes, of course who would complain about getting something for less money.

And the OTG feature is perfect for Sulani and was introduced ingame with a Sulani plot - a natural spot for it to lack electricity and running water. If not on a ravaged plot of land high up near a volcanoe, then where? I can picture it in the desert as well or as a feature of a modern paganism or a life choice or a poor sim but that does not cheapen the Sulani connection FOR ME. It was part of a free patch, yes, like the lounge chairs as a lot trait. So what? It still adds to my enjoyment.

Enjoyment that you would still have even if you did not own IL, as it is not a feature you paid for with IL. It's not an opinion that it isn't included with IL, it's simply fact. You don't have to own IL to have those features.

A lot of features are limited to Island Living

Dolphins

Swimming in the ocean though I think that's coming to other pack worlds very soon

The interactive waterfall

Kiss in Water Interaction

Mermaids

Shell Collecting

Frogs in water which you can spawn at the waterfall

Boats

Fishing from boats

Many new Tropical Fish and Sea Turtles.

Sharks and shark attack deaths.

Yeah, it really expands the game... And I'm not even sure we can actually ''catch'' turtles, those are just decorations.

Well technically by law they (Sea Turtles) are very protected and you can not even touch them to help them to water or go near the nest until they hatch - so EA will surely keep that in mind to make them like FX which sims really cannot interact with anyway. EA is not going to allow something in the game that would be illegal in real life.

Then why not have a system that has consequences for sims that do it? Like getting arrested.

Sims also can graffiti with no consequence whatsoever. I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. It was in the sims 3. But yet sims can deface their world without fear of the law.

I wish people wouldn’t make excuses for poor gameplay!

And so is stealing and physical assault which is also in the game.
    But sea turtles are a Federally Protected Endangered Species it's a much more touchier subject and one that could go very wrong very quickly with negative press and news articles from gaming journalist sites like Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun and Polygon; which are all staffed by a bunch of SJW's; just to name few. And their already under fire for Loot Boxes last thing they would want is articles going "EA encourages catching baby sea turtles". Not to mention some of the more radical animal rights groups have threated, harassed and in rare cases even assaulted employees of gaming companies for what they perceive as promoting abuse of wild animals in a video game. Imagine what they would do if they thought EA was promoting tampering with an endangered species.

I can't speak for the Sims 4 as I haven't done anything with the painting skill. But in the Sims 3 they couldn't do graffiti without consequences or without fear of the law as they ran a risk of getting fined.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I still haven't purchased it, but shell collecting seems so much fun! From what I've seen, mermaids are a bit lackluster compared to vampires.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    So I have a mixed opinion of it. I really like the world, the CAS and the BB stuff. Aesthetically it is incredible. Now I haven’t done everything this pack has to offer like the new careers or mermaids but even so I feel like this pack is a bit lacking. What it’s got is great but it does feel like it’s missing something. All the new gameplay elements are small little things and it seems to be missing that big element. Overall I’m enjoying myself and it isn’t my least favorite pack (sorry GTW I just so rarely use you) but I wish there was more. I also think it’s in between a gamepack and an expansion. If it was $30 that would have been perfect but it doesn’t have enough to call it a true expansion.
    edited July 2019
    Akl500P wrote: »
    So I have a mixed opinion of it. I really like the world, the CAS and the BB stuff. Aesthetically it is incredible. Now I haven’t done everything this pack has to offer like the new careers or mermaids but even so I feel like this pack is a bit lacking. What it’s got is great but it does feel like it’s missing something. All the new gameplay elements are small little things and it seems to be missing that big element. Overall I’m enjoying myself and it isn’t my least favorite pack (sorry GTW I just so rarely use you) but I wish there was more. I also think it’s in between a gamepack and an expansion. If it was $30 that would have been perfect but it doesn’t have enough to call it a true expansion.

Look at the other packs you have and see what they can add to the Sulani experience. You could make it a millionaires' playground with all the build objects and Gallery builds, stick them on stilts, bring pets in. Don't treat it with too much reverence, make it a dump. The possibilities are endless. (to me anyway). :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Look at the other packs you have and see what they can add to the Sulani experience. You could make it a millionaires' playground with all the build objects and Gallery builds, stick them on stilts, bring pets in. Don't treat it with too much reverence and make it a dump. The possibilities are endless. (to me anyway). :)

Although I totally agree with you that, together with other packs, there's plenty you can add - I still think each pack should be designed as a standalone thing. Meaning, it should offer enough to add all by itself, without having to buy other packs. So without intending to say that IL doesn't add enough, I think what's in other packs shouldn't matter when evaluating whether this one is complete or not :)
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Look at the other packs you have and see what they can add to the Sulani experience. You could make it a millionaires' playground with all the build objects and Gallery builds, stick them on stilts, bring pets in. Don't treat it with too much reverence and make it a dump. The possibilities are endless. (to me anyway). :)

Although I totally agree with you that, together with other packs, there's plenty you can add - I still think each pack should be designed as a standalone thing. Meaning, it should offer enough to add all by itself, without having to buy other packs. So without intending to say that IL doesn't add enough, I think what's in other packs shouldn't matter when evaluating whether this one is complete or not :)

I never find out until much later what actually can be done in packs until some Simmer blows me away with what they have found out. I haven't touched the Conservation career yet but that has lots of gameplay according to those who have thoroughly researched it. I'm hoping that building my current Sim's scientific and Astronaut skill might help with it. The game looks shallow but there is a lot more gameplay than I originally thought. I thought the same at first about GTW.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    Turtle eggs, cute, but does this game actually need more happy moodlets? Does it? I mean really, does it. Collectibles, does the game need more? Does this game need to keep collecting for busy work, because there is no actual game play? Fill up the inventory! yay, isn't that a reason TS4 lags according to some smart people? Does the Sim care the inventory is being filled up? Busy work isn't gameplay, it's fluff to hide the lack of gameplay. Off the grid, isn't that a patched option? Isn't WB just as good to live off the grid? Oh, wait you aren't really off the grid, you have running water (where is the well, where is the bucket and the stream?) you have showers, you have stoves, grills, you have power to power phones, don't they die eventually? No, not in TS4. You have a powered fridge..hello insult to Castaway, what a facade this feature is. New drink,...oh great, another relaxed happy mood. Off the grid..and you live in a mansion made of steel, wood, and plastic, copper, pvc pipe, etc. I guess pretend is all TS4 needs. And your Sim didn't even have to build a lean to. Amazing feature. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Turtle eggs, cute, but does this game actually need more happy moodlets? Does it? I mean really, does it. Collectibles, does the game need more? Does this game need to keep collecting for busy work, because there is no actual game play? Fill up the inventory! yay, isn't that a reason TS4 lags according to some smart people? Does the Sim care the inventory is being filled up? Busy work isn't gameplay, it's fluff to hide the lack of gameplay. Off the grid, isn't that a patched option? Isn't WB just as good to live off the grid? Oh, wait you aren't really off the grid, you have running water (where is the well, where is the bucket and the stream?) you have showers, you have stoves, grills, you have power to power phones, don't they die eventually? No, not in TS4. You have a powered fridge..hello insult to Castaway, what a facade this feature is. New drink,...oh great, another relaxed happy mood. Off the grid..and you live in a mansion made of steel, wood, and plastic, copper, pvc pipe, etc. I guess pretend is all TS4 needs. And your Sim didn't even have to build a lean to. Amazing feature. :s

NO Where in life is there a such thing as too happy ever being a bad thing - except maybe by people who resent others joy. Keep that in mind. I am always happy to find joy - it beats the heck out of unhappy. Can;t help it if you resent happiness. That is your problem - not mine. I find happiness where I can and relish it - not resent it. As for in this game - last I knew you don't even have it installed - so it should not matter to you at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Writin_Reg the problem isn't the happy happy, it's that you don't have to work for it - it's BORING. I want some REAL stakes, and the possibility of FAILURE, which there is NONE in Sims 4. Just please make it challenging on some level, instead of just giving happy moodlet after happy moodlet - it's creepy even, because it's not normal. It's like playing a teletubbie game - super disturbing at times. Just give us SOMETHING that is challenging. That's all. I want happy sims to mean something, not just a freaky unrealistic sunshine and rainbow image of life - I want it to be meaningful, cozy and special. And Sims 4 is making that REALLY hard.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

NO Where in life is there a such thing as too happy ever being a bad thing - except maybe by people who resent others joy. Keep that in mind. I am always happy to find joy - it beats the heck out of unhappy. Can;t help it if you resent happiness. That is your problem - not mine. I find happiness where I can and relish it - not resent it. As for in this game - last I knew you don't even have it installed - so it should not matter to you at all.

WORD! I don't think you have to work hard for a happy state or you don't deserve it. Such an attitude implies (and I resent that very much) that characters (and people...) are too lazy and undeserving if they can't achieve happy.

I have a cudmudgeon character in game and I could make him have happy moodlets all the time by activating the right collector items. And if he has the moodlet but it does not suit the story I am conducting in my head - I ignore it and can do so because the game is not strict that way, I don't need my hand held and guided through a fixed script. I am immensely satisfied that the game does not force me to jump through hoops and that I can write my own story.

BORING? Hm, maybe for other people. People with a different... mindset. Or different creative process.

It's one of the reasons why I bought StrangerVille for the items but ignored the 'quest'. That sort of... in your face quest is not what I like and I feared that they would repeat that strategy with IL. Thankfully they toned it down. You can ignore the environment storyline.

If I want RPG with a questline and endgame I'll go play WOW or ESO. Sims4 suits my preferences for sandbox game where I can freely play out fantasies perfectly, a lot better than Sims3.

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2019
    For me Sims 4 is WAY more strict than any other Sims game - it has WAY more limitations and I can't do what I want. In sims 2, where a lot of bad things could happen, I almost NEVER let anything bad happen to my sims, they were happy all the time, mostly. but the few times that they were miserable, fed into the time they weren't and made them more special and 'real. I just want that back. The incessant smiling only works for me if I actually have to work for it - it's not about real life happiness, it's a GAME. And for me, I love giving my sims happy lives, but there's no fun or meaning if there are no challenge. I wish the game could give us the OPTION to play more challenging, instead of the happy rainbows all the time. That way, people that want the psychedelic smiling can have that, and the rest of us can get real gameplay also.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Pretty as an ocean, deep as a puddle.
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    For me Sims 4 is WAY more strict than any other Sims game - it has WAY more limitations and I can't do what I want. In sims 2, where a lot of bad things could happen, I almost NEVER let anything bad happen to my sims, they were happy all the time, mostly. but the few times that they were miserable, fed into the time they weren't and made them more special and 'real. I just want that back. The incessant smiling only works for me if I actually have to work for it - it's not about real life happiness, it's a GAME. And for me, I love giving my sims happy lives, but there's no fun or meaning if there are no challenge. I wish the game could give us the OPTION to play more challenging, instead of the happy rainbows all the time. That way, people that want the psychedelic smiling can have that, and the rest of us can get real gameplay also.

We seem to be playing two totally different games. I see no psycheldelic smiling all the time. The Sim I'm playing atm is mostly concentrated. I have to send him to the appropriate location or tell him to do something different to change that. 'Real' gameplay? I didn't know that mine is what,...unreal?

Or, as @logion says, shallow as a puddle? Because I enjoy what you so freely call 'shallow'.

It would be better if the game additionally offered the sort of gameplay you want to see - but I suspect that it would be more likely that it would cancel out what I like and then I would not like it or buy it. Good for me, bad for you in this case.

*shrugs* It's ATM a game which supports a free creaticity playstyle.

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    As interesting as it is, I have a feeling that this discussion about which sims game is more strict or not or how happy it should or shouldn't be may be derailing the OP's thread a tiny little bit ;)
    I feel I am right about the jigsaw comments I've made about the game as those with the most packs probably will get the most enjoyment from the EPs. especially this one. It suits the slow player who wants a place to relax in for while but if you want an unhappy scenario you have to work at it. I like that but others' needs might vary. That's OK. It's just my turn to get what I want. If you want goals and scores there's three other iterations to play. Realm of Magic (if 64bit) might give game players more of what they want) That's ok too.🍹🙈🙉🙊
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    I love it. The details are fantastic and it adds a lot to my gameplay. The location and related objects are unique looking and fit, the Islanders are not interchangable with other regions' Sims. The new waterfront lots keep me occupied but most of the lots are challenging to build on.

The off the grid play is buggy but interesting and occupying, it makes me rediscover my Sim's daily grind and provides a challenge.

I haven't played mermaids or sought them out, but that's just me and my playstyle, I was never much into fantasy lifestyles. But there is still so much else to explore.

On the negative side: the bugs are legion and more are creeping up. I would be over the moon and totally satisfied if they get rid of the glitches.

I don't think off the grid even comes with this ''EP'' *cough* I meant GP at an EPs price.

That's your opinion, I don't share it. I'm busy playing with all the new stuff. It fits my playstyle wonderfully and I think it is worth the price. Would I be happier of it was cheaper? Yes, of course who would complain about getting something for less money.

And the OTG feature is perfect for Sulani and was introduced ingame with a Sulani plot - a natural spot for it to lack electricity and running water. If not on a ravaged plot of land high up near a volcanoe, then where? I can picture it in the desert as well or as a feature of a modern paganism or a life choice or a poor sim but that does not cheapen the Sulani connection FOR ME. It was part of a free patch, yes, like the lounge chairs as a lot trait. So what? It still adds to my enjoyment.

Enjoyment that you would still have even if you did not own IL, as it is not a feature you paid for with IL. It's not an opinion that it isn't included with IL, it's simply fact. You don't have to own IL to have those features.

Dolphins

Swimming in the ocean though I think that's coming to other pack worlds very soon

Mermaids

Shell Collecting

Boats

Fishing from boats

Yeah, it really expands the game... And I'm not even sure we can actually ''catch'' turtles, those are just decorations.

Well technically by law they (Sea Turtles) are very protected and you can not even touch them to help them to water or go near the nest until they hatch - so EA will surely keep that in mind to make them like FX which sims really cannot interact with anyway. EA is not going to allow something in the game that would be illegal in real life.

Then why not have a system that has consequences for sims that do it? Like getting arrested.

Sims also can graffiti with no consequence whatsoever. I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. It was in the sims 3. But yet sims can deface their world without fear of the law.

But sea turtles are a Federally Protected Endangered Species it's a much more touchier subject and one that could go very wrong very quickly with negative press and news articles from gaming journalist sites like Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun and Polygon; which are all staffed by a bunch of SJW's; just to name few. And their already under fire for Loot Boxes last thing they would want is articles going "EA encourages catching baby sea turtles". Not to mention some of the more radical animal rights groups have threated, harassed and in rare cases even assaulted employees of gaming companies for what they perceive as promoting abuse of wild animals in a video game. Imagine what they would do if they thought EA was promoting tampering with an endangered species.

I can't speak for the Sims 4 as I haven't done anything with the painting skill. But in the Sims 3 they couldn't do graffiti without consequences or without fear of the law as they ran a risk of getting fined.

Yes, sims 3 had consequences for graffiti. Sims 4 has nothing.
    I agree with a lot of your post but using dolphins for entertainment has become a big issue particularly in the last few years and there is still dolphins in game - there is still the game play of making them do tricks. All be it sims 4 dolphins are not in captivity but they are still in the game as a form of entertainment for the sims.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Dolphins

Mermaids

Shell Collecting

Boats

Fishing from boats

How come this is an poor gameplay that sims didn't have consequence in doing grafiti when Grafity in City Living was considered as an art, rathwr than an annoying activity? The theme of that pack os about culture and expressing/showing them and one way to do that is by allowing sims to create graffiti/mural in the sims world. That ahouldn't be illegal if that was the theme of the pack they introduced(City Living). That is not poor gameplay.

University has themes of creating Mishief and Mayhem so it is understandable that creating grafitiin that pack is a considered as crime rather than art.

Different Packs means different focus means different gameplay.

Just because they have different focus it dosen't mean its poor gameplay.

Yes, sims 3 had consequences for graffiti. Sims 4 has nothing.
    I agree with a lot of your post but using dolphins for entertainment has become a big issue particularly in the last few years and there is still dolphins in game - there is still the game play of making them do tricks. All be it sims 4 dolphins are not in captivity but they are still in the game as a form of entertainment for the sims.

Even in the wild dolphins are naturally playful, gregarious, friendly and enjoy interacting with humans and other animals. Not even the most hardlined animal rights activist can honestly deny that considering most of them have probably played with a wild dolphin. EA keeping them wild was a smart move and will for the most part deflect criticism as well as being easily defendable by simply pointing out a wild dolphins natural behavior towards humans.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »

Dolphins

Mermaids

Shell Collecting

Boats

Fishing from boats

How come this is an poor gameplay that sims didn't have consequence in doing grafiti when Grafity in City Living was considered as an art, rathwr than an annoying activity? The theme of that pack os about culture and expressing/showing them and one way to do that is by allowing sims to create graffiti/mural in the sims world. That ahouldn't be illegal if that was the theme of the pack they introduced(City Living). That is not poor gameplay.

University has themes of creating Mishief and Mayhem so it is understandable that creating grafitiin that pack is a considered as crime rather than art.

LOL No that's not it.

In City Living sims make "murals" throughout the city, it's considered art because TS4 sims live in a perfect little world where anything and everything is absolutely fine. There's also no police NPC's in the BG and that's why nothing happens, as if they would bother to include them in City Living am I right?

In TS3 University Life it's called street art and it's a skill of it's own, which by itself implies that it has more depth. Sims can get arrested for doing graffiti which is vandalism, but if they have a very high skill they can go to the city hall or the University and get opportunities to do murals around campus/the city which will not get them arrested and gives them extra money. They can also earn tips as they do street art, like when playing guitar on the street.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019

The Sims 4 is supposed to be a Life Simulation. And it doesn't matter what the theme of the pack is graffiti is illegal. The only expection to this are artists that are commissioned and paid (depending on who owns the property) by the City, County, State or Private Business Owner. But doing graffiti just to do it should have consequences as it falls under vandalism if the property owner doesn't want that on their property and not to adequately reflect that is "hug boxing".
    edited July 2019

The Sims 4 is supposed to be a Life Simulation. And it doesn't matter what the theme of the pack is graffiti is illegal. The only expection to this are artists that are commissioned and paid (depending on who owns the property) by the City, County, State or Private Business Owner. But doing graffiti just to do it should have consequences as it falls under vandalism if the property owner doesn't want that on their property and not to adequately reflect that is "hug boxing".

Taking a bit off topic but still Graffiti...

In my city Graffiti artists never seem to get caught and prosecuted and it does add a lot of colour to fences around the many building sites in the city at the moment. Some of them are extremely accomplished. I believe we even have competitions on selected sites sometimes. Those who graffiti hate on trains and bridges should get the full force of the law if ever they get caught.

It's not vandalism when Banksy does it. It becomes a walking tour with maps in Bristol UK! The last time I heard of one of his works was when the owner of a garage in Port Talbot sold the corner of his garage wall with one of Banksy's graffitis on it for a "six figure sum" as he couldn't sleep because 20,000 viewers turned up to look!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top