Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims trespassing in Sulani

ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
I just moved a couple to Ohan'lani (or something like that) town, into the lot next to that temple looking place. Called Tangled Flat, I believe. As always I gave it the private dwelling trait, because I can't stand random sims showing up on my lots. And I always lock the doors to everyone but household members. So I was shocked when that evening a child came up on to their deck & started playing chess. My sim chased him off, but no sooner had he gone then two more children showed up. They've been standing their talking on the porch for some time now.

unSHVg6.png

And now I spotted this toddler talking to one of the household members.

M9DvL0Y.png

The toddler is from another one of my households, but the boys are NPCs. So what gives here? Is there something about this neighborhood, or is it a bug, or is the lot trait no longer working? It hasn't been a problem in any of the other lots I play. The toddler I don't mind so much, because she's one of mine & actually socializing with a household member, but I'm an anti-social control freak who doesn't want random sims just hanging around on my lots uninvited.

Edit-they left a few minutes after I posted this & no one's dropped in since (about 1 1/2 sim days), so maybe it was just a momentary quirk.
Gallery ID: LDM2
Post edited by ldmarko on

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Have you got a fence around the property/outdoor area? if not I suggest putting up a fence with a gate and locking the gate to everyone except household members.

I have a rule; if they're not one of my regular sims and they wander onto/into my household they get culled; I culled 5 total strangers in one sim morning for randomly wandering in to my house. One of they even cooked herself a plate of fish tacos!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Have you got a fence around the property/outdoor area? if not I suggest putting up a fence with a gate and locking the gate to everyone except household members.

I have a rule; if they're not one of my regular sims and they wander onto/into my household they get culled; I culled 5 total strangers in one sim morning for randomly wandering in to my house. One of they even cooked herself a plate of fish tacos!

No, there's no fence, I may go ahead & put one up if there are any more interlopers. So far there hasn't been any more.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is by design in Sulani, at least I think. The neighbors are "more friendly" to mimic "island culture."
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Heh - my Sim's been living on a generic lot, so there is no way to lock the door (and it's technically not hers, anyway). She had a visitor who simply wouldn't leave yesterday, even helping himself to her food and sleeping in her bed. She finally told Goldilocks to go away, but I think she broke his heart.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited July 2019
    Actually there is. I noticed my sims can lock the door of a generic lot for anyone that isn’t part of a specific club, so i’m guessing if you make a club with just your sims as members, you can lock the door so only they can enter.
    Heh - my Sim's been living on a generic lot, so there is no way to lock the door (and it's technically not hers, anyway). She had a visitor who simply wouldn't leave yesterday, even helping himself to her food and sleeping in her bed. She finally told Goldilocks to go away, but I think she broke his heart.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    next time they tresspass on your lot again, put them in a cage without door.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Local culture in Sulani is a little bit too friendly for me too. Random kids just kick my door open and go swimming from my private pier. Guests overstay their welcome and sleep in my bed - it's just rude!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Well, Sulani sims came into my sim's apartment uninvited (yes, in San Myshuno). It's a new game (I've also seen sims aging while in CAS in that save).