Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incessant Rain and No Gnomes in Sulani

WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
With all the bugs I love Sulani so much. Visually it is breathtaking and I love the objects. Two separate things... Does it rain incessantly in your game? MOST days it is raining thus thwarting all kinds of safe activities. Even everyday inconveniences like clothes on the line NEVER drying (even on dry days).

Gnomes. I have no gnomes on holidays.

P.S. That community lot is a loser. :)
Post edited by Wndblwz on

Comments

• Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    I've been quite lucky with the weather, it's almost always dry and warm in my Sulani. On the days when it does rain it REALLY rains though, I mean like epic thunderstorms for 2-3 days. Even in winter the weather was good, unlike Windenburg which basically snows from fall-spring for me. I haven't had a gnome holiday in Sulani yet as I switched back to my other family for thanksgiving (I forget what the Sims call it?) but I did see the flower bunny on Spring Welcoming.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    i had gnomes on harvestvest day in sulani
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Now and again, it rained a lot more in the Fall than anything. Though it would clear up after awhile to some clear skies. Got a few monsoons in the summer.

When Harvestfest rolled around for my sims in Sulani the gnomes did actually a appear.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2019
    Deenab wrote: »
    With all the bugs I love Sulani so much. Visually it is breathtaking and I love the objects. Two separate things... Does it rain incessantly in your game? MOST days it is raining thus thwarting all kinds of safe activities. Even everyday inconveniences like clothes on the line NEVER drying (even on dry days).

Gnomes. I have no gnomes on holidays.

P.S. That community lot is a loser. :)

I've had one summer with no rain, followed by a winter and fall full of rain, a spring with some rain, and summer with mostly rain. Followed by another round of rainy fall :/
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wish there were some heatwaves. I have only rain during the end summer and early fall. It hasn’t been too bad but I have only been there for two rotations
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I'm on the empty lot near the volcano and I've had it rain just a couple times (and had my first thunderstorm last night after many days of play), but mostly it's sunny. Fall seemed to have more rain than other seasons. I started in the spring season. I have 3 gnomes currently on my lot. I know one of them came from Harvestfest, can't remember where the other two came from. My lot is littered with seed packets every day because of them. LOL! I'm debating deleting the gnomes to stop the seeds, but I still kind of like them.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2019
    I normally play with 14 day seasons, but I switched to 28 for Sulani because I wanted to experience a long Summer. Every day except one was sunny, warm or hot. No heatwaves. Even with the Monsoon day, it wasn't a complete washout. It had torrential thunderstorms for a couple hours, then cloudy for a couple hours, and finally sunny again.

It's Fall now and I've had one cool Monsoon day that later changed to cloudy but warm and finally sunny. The next day was warm and sunny. I don't know about the Gnome situation yet, Harvestfest is towards the end of Fall in my game.

If you want mostly (some days could still be cloudy & cool) sunny, warm/hot weather or heatwaves, turn off rain and thunderstorms in the Seasons settings. I know it's not realistic for those who like that, but hey, there's a lot in this game that's not realistic anyway. Some Simmers enjoy using mods and CC to customize their game the way they want to play, so why not utilize existing settings to your advantage too? :)

Just a thought...

Happy Simming! <3
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I had gnomes the first Harvestfest I played in Sulani. After that I removed the gnome tradition. I'll just buy seeds if I want to start a garden.

Can't say I have too much rain, a few thunderstorms in fall/winter, some light rain in spring/summer. I don't know the difference between monsoon and regular thunderstorms, or rather I don't SEE the difference.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I play with 28 day seasons and I started the island on the last week of spring and I am now on the 1st week of summer. Only one day did it rain and another it was cloudy with the sun showing herself a few times through the day. All the other days its been sunny and warm/hot. I wouldn't be surprised if the fall and winter were the raining seasons.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Are you starting the holiday with one household, and then moving to another within the same day? I have found that if I do that, only the first household gets the gnomes, and they never appear for the second household.

Aside from that, I have had the gnomes for my Sulani families, but sometimes it's only two gnomes instead of three.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Are you starting the holiday with one household, and then moving to another within the same day?

Nope. Just one household.