Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to load into household in Island Living

smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I have done nothing but take up for Island Living, and thoroughly have been enjoying trying to play it, even tho there are always bugs to be expected and not always fixed, I have still been trying to be patient even as it will let you into the actual save you want but then freeze upon trying to get into a household. How about maybe, just maybe instead of putting things out so fast just to make some folks that are being impatient happier, put out things that will work, Quality is way better than Quantity! I have been dealing with this since this exp came out, already has caused me too many times to have to go and recover and earlier save to try to get into the household. I am trying to be patient, but it is wearing quite thin. Between all the other things that do not work for so many others, and I have a great computer with great graphics, My folders are clean, I clear my cache every time I even add a venue, and if not needed then I still check it more than once a day. The moving folders to a screen and such , done all the advice even long before this pack came out. I happen to really like this pack and would absolutely just really love if I could PLAY it, you know since we pay for it and some of us pre-order it and pay full not just for sale, maybe, just maybe , start caring about the quality of what you are putting out, it will make not just us feel better, but you too!
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    If you are also having this issue, my husband found a work around, I cannot guarantee it will work every time but so far it at least allowed me back into my household. Upon logging into your save and hitting play, as you find the household you want to enter do not hit play, instead hit the travel button and when it comes up it actually showed my sim as a travel to and it allowed me to log into her tho it took her home, not the beach lot she was at. So something is wrong there with the play feature trying to log in and no I had already deleted my only mod MCCC and it was totally removed not just from documents folder either. Hope this helps anyone else that is having this problem.
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I have done nothing but take up for Island Living, and thoroughly have been enjoying trying to play it, even tho there are always bugs to be expected and not always fixed, I have still been trying to be patient even as it will let you into the actual save you want but then freeze upon trying to get into a household. How about maybe, just maybe instead of putting things out so fast just to make some folks that are being impatient happier, put out things that will work, Quality is way better than Quantity! I have been dealing with this since this exp came out, already has caused me too many times to have to go and recover and earlier save to try to get into the household. I am trying to be patient, but it is wearing quite thin. Between all the other things that do not work for so many others, and I have a great computer with great graphics, My folders are clean, I clear my cache every time I even add a venue, and if not needed then I still check it more than once a day. The moving folders to a screen and such , done all the advice even long before this pack came out. I happen to really like this pack and would absolutely just really love if I could PLAY it, you know since we pay for it and some of us pre-order it and pay full not just for sale, maybe, just maybe , start caring about the quality of what you are putting out, it will make not just us feel better, but you too!

Yeah, I totally agree they should take more time to release bigger packs.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    And actually the work around only brought me into her household and allowed me to travel again but then upon trying to start searching the beach for seashells again it all froze...again so no not really a work around sorry
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Could you give this a title maybe to do with your problem?
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I haven't had any issues with freezing like what was described in the OP. It sounds like it would be very frustrating. I was glad to find that they had finally fixed curved roof trim, but I was not happy to find that Vampires were/are still broken in some respects. I agree that they really need to focus on quality.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2019
    EA often enjoy gaining large profit in timing manner, I know I don't like bug here and there, problem is that sometime EA might fire, layoff, or old programming quits, retire, then new programming taken over and not know what is going on, and likely not sent lot of time to seach and explorer what was issues cause bugs as time went by, EA felt's not making profit, to EA less time, more money is good while seached, improved, bug fixed cost the other way around more time and cost more money might be good for gamer but bad for EA, unfortunately, cost more time, less money for EA.

I like playing vampires, but I'm not happy they didn't fix 100% for long time and science career lots' garden is mess up, it's was fine any plant growing when it's come out, but somehow or somepoint later, it's not working rights, all plants is drying, not growing, you can't even water at all at science career, they hadn't fix for very, long time. I wonder if we able to pay or gave money to EA to willing sent more time fixing game? It's very questionable, a double edged sword, it's could motive EA willing to spent more time fixing rather than left other game broken like common, or it's could be EA abuse that or any company would done that.

When something add new stuff, sometime new stuff get in old way and mess up from there or something like that, I could be wrongs.
    Nice to had win-win for everyone, not one side
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Poor quality has been an issue with TS4 from launch. While nothing made by humans is perfect (not even TS2), 4 is notorious for bugs, glitches, and less than stellar response in dealing with the mess. I fully agree the focus should be on making games that actually work properly instead of shoving half-baked messes out the door as fast as they can. While high quality costs more on the manufacturing side, it is more than balanced off on the other by a good reputation for a good product, which will result in higher sales bringing in greater profits in the long term. Unfortunately, EA, like many (most?) American companies is focused on the short term quarterly gain to please investors.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, so I edited your title to make it a bit clearer to other users what your issue was and I've placed this into the feedback section. However if you wish to report this as a bug you will have to do so by going to The Sims 4 AHQ