Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is that some type of a fishing pen in the Island Living reveal trailer?

Hello,

There is this object in the Island Living reveal trailer that I can't find anywhere. It's shown about three seconds in, the Sim zooms past it on the orange Aquazip. For some reason I thought it was a fishing pen, but I can't find it. It doesn't appear to be part of the buoys.

Please can someone tell me what this object is and how I can find or use it.

Thank you very much!
I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you mean this pen at the end of the dock between two of the buildable lots in ohan'ali town?

c37fc59f881919de80ecbf0ef6c124ec.jpg
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    @kalaksed Yes that's it, it's accessible when visiting the Kealoha household. Thank you very much, I would have spent forever looking for it. My Sims are going to have to become best friends with the Kealohas because that seems to be an excellent fishing spot!

I wonder how the Sims team built it and what fence they used. I'd like to duplicate it at one of the other fishing spots.

Does anybody have an idea of how to do this?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    You can just travel to the beach or bar lot in that neighbourhood, and have access to that fishing spot. You don't have to be friends with the islanders, although...The Kealoha family is a nice bunch to know :) It is a nice spot to fish, and gets quite busy when the fishing festival comes up.

No idea how to get one of those fishing pens, or if its even possible to find it in buydebug so you can place it on your own lot
    unfortunately, that pen is one of many things i was hoping to find in buydebug that isn't in there (same with all the volcanic rocks used to decorate st taz isle, as well as the coral mounds in the water of all three neighborhoods... all of those were things i wanted to use in my marine biology lab build...)
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    @kaleksed The fishing pen is now available with the new cheat that was just introduced. If you enter the new cheat, then filter by Island Living, you can see it. I turned move objects on and tried to make a fishing spot with an Island Living fish debug spawner, but couldn't quite figure it out. My Sim would either cast her rod inside the house or complain that she couldn't access the fishing spot. I'll try again tomorrow. Likely someone more skilled than I am will be able to make a functional fishing spot with the new pen. I'm wishing you good luck with your builds!
    oh yeah, i'd learned how to unlock it (and other things) a few days before the update so felt good about myself (and was going to upload it) until the announcement hit... ohwell

and yeah, the fishing spots can be pretty tricky. they tend to need a lot more space than you'd think